Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobel View Post
    It's hard to tell, I would ask your TD for a pic with direct light on the dial to see whether it looks blue.

BTW is it me or does the DW seem less thin, more gen like?
    DW looks updated just like on the latest batch for the white dial. The improve in silence - i like their flow compared to other makers - just mention how many attempts it took to get some half decent 15400 etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fischyyyy View Post

Same problem here, I asked for a v2 blue dial and this is what I got. It looks even more grey to me than FGM's watch, is this even the blue dial?
      I asked for a picture with direct light.
      Use my post to guide you as mine is definitely the c2 Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Scottymagic View Post

Use my post to guide you as mine is definitely the c2 Blue
        Thanks, to my untrained Nautilus eyes (I had an Aquanaut years ago but didn't like it) it does look quite similar to yours.
        But you pictures are much nicer and higher resolution than dealer QC.

Comment

Originally posted by fischyyyy View Post

Thanks, to my untrained Nautilus eyes (I had an Aquanaut years ago but didn't like it) it does look quite similar to yours.
          But you pictures are much nicer and higher resolution than dealer QC.
          I’d say I’m 70% yours is blue as I feel grey would show up almost black in QC

Comment

Originally posted by FGM View Post
            Guys, just got my QC pictures for the new PPF v2. However, i am not sure if its really the V2 because it looks too grey like the PPF grey. I know the forum rules of not posting QC pictures without accepting it, but this dial color is really confusing me. I need a confirmation from you folks. It does look like the V2 at a certain angle but i just want to be 100% sure. Sorry in advance if i have posted anything wrong

Dial is like gen!!! Beautiful!!!

But bezel and crown are orrible!

Comment

Originally posted by Marco1937 View Post

Dial is like gen!!! Beautiful!!!

But bezel and crown are orrible!
              it is beautiful and much better than previous blue from other factory

but Like Gen? I doubt it...!

Comment

Originally posted by mottykytu View Post

it is beautiful and much better than previous blue from other factory

but Like Gen? I doubt it...!
                I agree, there is a lot of "buzz" around this V2, I'm not sure it is as good as it seems...

Comment

Originally posted by VMSG View Post

I agree, there is a lot of "buzz" around this V2, I'm not sure it is as good as it seems...
                  I think we all have to look at it relatively? Is the dial perfect? Far from it. But compared to the other dials on offer it is 100x better and looks very like one of the variations of gen dial with its grey tones. Just missing the black fading towards the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottymagic View Post

I think we all have to look at it relatively? Is the dial perfect? Far from it. But compared to the other dials on offer it is 100x better and looks very like one of the variations of gen dial with its grey tones. Just missing the black fading towards the edges.
                    We need to see it in natural light

Comment

Something about a wide bezel.

Comment

Originally posted by Akra View Post
                        Something about a wide bezel.
                        Is it a Gen?

Comment

Originally posted by mottykytu View Post
                          Is it a Gen?
                          Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Akra View Post
                            Yes.
                            that's Dial greentint look so hard to cop, just hope the PPF get 90% the colour
                            btw, the bezel is not really noitceable in real life so that don't bother me much but the Crown...

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a way to mix parts to get the best crown height, doesn't have to be perfect just a little less obvious?

Last edited by kudos; 30-06-19, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by kudos View Post
                                Does anyone know if there is a way to mix parts to get the best crown height, doesn't have to be perfect just a little less obvious?

Please read the thread. There are multiple comments addressing this. Namely, you will need to PF and PPF to create a hybrid. PF Case, Bracelet, Crown; PPF Dial and Hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X