• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
The Miyota 9015 used in this watch is a modified version. The replacement is not easy so you will need to modify it (cut the bezel around the date wheel and deal with the escapement in the flipped position).

Anyway the decoration fits.

BE CAREFUL when removing the second hand, this part is extremely sensitive and very tight. I break the pivot on mine because I was trying to remove it as I removed in ETA watches. Now I want to buy a new watch cuz my PPF is dead until I pock this pivot out.

Some photos of my mess: https://imgur.com/a/TnkgPT5

The dial misalignment *can* be fixed but it is a bit difficult, you will need to snap the pins and resolder them in the correct position. I think there is enough room for the centre hole since the shift is minimum.

Thanks for the photos!
Will show them to a local watchmaker when my V3 arrives, I send all my reps (and gens...) to adjust the timming, because of the rough transportation they usually go thru.
Hope you can fix yours soon!

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
61fdc4b7272fb4683f9b1b775ae39195.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it me or did PPF update the Bezel? For some reason the bezel looks narrower on this.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Do you notice at faults? Am I nitpicking? The 12hour marker looks misaligned and DWO looks off center.

The dial is too far to the right making the date look off centered. This is a known problem with some PPF 5711 models, particularly the white ones.

cookie3

Horology Curious
22/10/19
>>944
A few days after I picked up my watch, I noticed the dial slipped. If there is a fix, please let me know.

LuiDanG

Looking Around
12/1/20
Hey guys I'm new here. I wanted to see if you guys could help me out with some QC pictures I received...

New to all this so removed images. Going to read the rules before reposting any images.

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey guys I'm new here. I wanted to see if you guys could help me out with some QC pictures I received...

You've got a off centered dial, read the previous posts above yours, post nos: 942 thru 946. Also, read RWI's policy on posting QC pictures. I suggest you remove your QC pictures before a moderator sees them and makes the rest of your day quite unpleasant.;)

Reactions: Aizenhado and Mello

LuiDanG

Looking Around
12/1/20
Thank you Gilrob. Really appreciate the heads up and help on confirming the dial issue. Its the second set of QC images that I get with the same issues. I didn't accept it. I hope they don't give me a hard time because I rejected two already. Sad that similar issues are showing up.

otabaru

7/3/18
Thank you Gilrob. Really appreciate the heads up and help on confirming the dial issue. Its the second set of QC images that I get with the same issues. I didn't accept it. I hope they don't give me a hard time because I rejected two already. Sad that similar issues are showing up.

I also RL'd two before finally getting good QC photos on the third attempt. And I mean "good" not "perfect", still can see some minor issues but way better than the first two ones.
White dials, for some reason, show more allignment issues than the blue/grey ones.
So, my advice for anyone that is still on the fence about the dial color ir to skip the white and go for a blue dial.
Since I will send mine to a watchmaker for proper adjustments and lubrication once arrived, hope some tiny details can be fixed also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mello

extremecoolness

14/9/19
What is everyone getting in terms of power reserve? My ppf can die overnight most days. I've read that the winding can break so I avoid doing that. I did get a watchmaker to look at it and they took the rotor off and cleaned it because it was getting stuck. Cost$30 in Chinatown and took ten minutes. I wanted to get it on a timegraph but they didn't speak English. He understood what I meant with the rotor as I thought it wasn't winding properly.

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19
I don’t know if this is an issue but my miyota isn’t keeping consistent time. Some days it will be holding +-2 seconds other days it will be -12 seconds. This could be due to the app I am using called Tool watch, but I’m just wondering if it’s a problem that is severe or simply a question of the watch not being wound up enough?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I don’t know if this is an issue but my miyota isn’t keeping consistent time. Some days it will be holding +-2 seconds other days it will be -12 seconds. This could be due to the app I am using called Tool watch, but I’m just wondering if it’s a problem that is severe or simply a question of the watch not being wound up enough?

Give it 2-3 weeks, it may be going thru a "break-in" period. If it continues after 2-3 weeks, consider getting it serviced. Did your previous Nautilus have the same symptoms?

extremecoolness

14/9/19
Give it 2-3 weeks, it may be going thru a "break-in" period. If it continues after 2-3 weeks, consider getting it serviced. Did your previous Nautilus have the same symptoms?

I've had the watch for several months and its accuracy ranges as well. That is in line with mine. It's pretty accurate all things considered. The miyota specifications range it from -10/+30 a day. It's amazing how much more accurate it is. The good news is that mine always runs fast so I'm never late.

Regulating the watch could get it more accurate and most watchsmiths can do that.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Jack Hobbes

9/9/19

No my previous nautilus kept a rock solid +2 seconds a day. I’ve only had it for 2 weeks I’ll give it another week, and if it continues then I’ll get it regulated. Thanks for your help!