• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Azwethinkweiz28

Horology Curious
17/10/10
I lurk and get into researching reps intermittently, but haven’t ever pulled the trigger because I don’t know if I will wear over my gens, but made the leap to the dark side on this one! Excited to see how it feels. If a closer blue aquanaut comes up, that may be a quick follow up purchase. From there it might get ugly on my pocketbook fast!!!

P.S. A super rep on an older model with a solid case back would be one big wish I’d have for these highly finished movements. I’m worried too many in my circle will be curious to inspect and these displayed movements are all a dead ringer that it’s a rep.

kobexu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/19
Just received my QC pics for PPF 5711 Blue V2. All look good to me except:
  1. The crown seems to protrude too much. I know PPF's crown is big but didn't think it was that big.
  2. Do you think this is a V2 blue? It seems more gray to me than blue.
More pics:
https://imgur.com/a/AGWk22z

VT2B3F.md.jpg

Reactions: pip72

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Is It possible to buy only dial + hands from PPF?

Scandalloman

6/3/18
Just received my QC pics for PPF 5711 Blue V2. All look good to me except:
  1. The crown seems to protrude too much. I know PPF's crown is big but didn't think it was that big.
  2. Do you think this is a V2 blue? It seems more gray to me than blue.
More pics:
https://imgur.com/a/AGWk22z

VT2B3F.md.jpg

Is it just me or does the crown guard center area look kinda squared? On patek's site, it seems to be more oval/roundish...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Is it just me or does the crown guard center area look kinda squared? On patek's site, it seems to be more oval/roundish...

They will fix it , I will be patient , finally convinced my self for this Deco Rep but maybe v4 or v5 !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I lurk and get into researching reps intermittently, but haven’t ever pulled the trigger because I don’t know if I will wear over my gens, but made the leap to the dark side on this one! Excited to see how it feels. If a closer blue aquanaut comes up, that may be a quick follow up purchase. From there it might get ugly on my pocketbook fast!!!

P.S. A super rep on an older model with a solid case back would be one big wish I’d have for these highly finished movements. I’m worried too many in my circle will be curious to inspect and these displayed movements are all a dead ringer that it’s a rep.

Don’t pretend it’s legit then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Is It possible to buy only dial + hands from PPF?

Try Li at jtime, he’s good friends with the factory owner. He’ll be the only TD who can get them, he got me ZF spares

Reactions: Pdatoon

micomp3

Known Member
13/5/16
PPF 5711 V2 currently out of stock according to my TD. I rejected a watch due to QC issues and they said it will take a week to get new stocks from the maker. (That was from yesterday)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: csthe

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
PPF 5711 V2 currently out of stock according to my TD. I rejected a watch due to QC issues and they said it will take a week to get new stocks from the maker. (That was from yesterday)

Good news.

Scandalloman

6/3/18

May I ask what the flaws were? Not asking who the TD is, just want to know why you rejected.