• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official 5711 PPF V2 Thread

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I agree with you bro.

On the other hand it's also incorrect to state as an absolute truth - which is what the quote here was responding to - that the PF or MKF are closer to gen than the PPF when it comes to dial color.

It's just that they are replicating a different dial. mKF is likely to be closer to the 2014 dial, as per your comment, and PPF closer to the 2018/2019. And even that latter point would need to be confirmed by more pics and videos (although we've started to have some by now).

This thread has become very confusing with people making statements or even putting side by side pics of reps compared to a dial from a different generation and using this as proof that they're either similar or different.

Truth.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
We have some good contributing member in all of those threads, that are able to put aside their personal love and feel for their version, and talk about the true nature of their rep and the other ones.
Unfortunately their effort at making coherent and constructed posts are often destroyed by smarty pants making a one liner in the like of "XX is better than YY, source : dude trust me"

I encourage those people to continue their effort and stay positive in spreading good infos on the various version so that the newcomers don't get to confused. I love a heatly debate, but you have to have at least two reasonable people to do that.

Thanks to all the good contributing members, keep up the good fight :D

My advice for anyone a bit confused by all those info : follow the trail of well written posts and non absolute statement, you'll be able to make your own idea of what is the best rep for you

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
MKF dial seems more gen-like to me, unfortunately I hear reports that the construction of the bracelet doesn't work well with small wrists.

mottykytu

4/6/13
We have some good contributing member in all of those threads, that are able to put aside their personal love and feel for their version, and talk about the true nature of their rep and the other ones.
Unfortunately their effort at making coherent and constructed posts are often destroyed by smarty pants making a one liner in the like of "XX is better than YY, source : dude trust me"

I encourage those people to continue their effort and stay positive in spreading good infos on the various version so that the newcomers don't get to confused. I love a heatly debate, but you have to have at least two reasonable people to do that.

Thanks to all the good contributing members, keep up the good fight :D

My advice for anyone a bit confused by all those info : follow the trail of well written posts and non absolute statement, you'll be able to make your own idea of what is the best rep for you

agree !

feeling/opinion is not a good argument points!

proof like videos/photo/direct side by side comparision are...

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Yea I think that this V2 with crown shortening + keylog DW is a straight killer and almost impossible to spot as a rep.

Hi, I try to find a tuto on this crown shortening mod you refer to without success , how would one go about it please ? Cheers

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I agree with you bro.

On the other hand it's also incorrect to state as an absolute truth - which is what the quote here was responding to - that the PF or MKF are closer to gen than the PPF when it comes to dial color.

It's just that they are replicating a different dial. mKF is likely to be closer to the 2014 dial, as per your comment, and PPF closer to the 2018/2019. And even that latter point would need to be confirmed by more pics and videos (although we've started to have some by now).

This thread has become very confusing with people making statements or even putting side by side pics of reps compared to a dial from a different generation and using this as proof that they're either similar or different.

Agreed. Period correctness is often overlooked when evaluating the blue dials.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Agreed. Period correctness is often overlooked when evaluating the blue dials.

Exactly, and then it comes down to personal preference (I much prefer a blue dial so I'm drawn to the MKF over this one, even though PPF did an excellent job in terms of accuracy). And I have zero affinity to either factory; I've previously owned PFs that had their good points and now I've got a MKF blue and PFF white, both of which I love. This is definitely a good time to be a Nautilus fan!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
For you guys who have approved of your QC, how many tries did it take you to get one with a good date wheel? My TD let me know that a lot of the v2s have imperfect date wheels - see my QC video for example which is noticeable left aligned.

https://vimeo.com/346403730/9ba9879df3

Look at the video of the gens here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-new-patek-philippe-nautilus-from-ppf/page170

Left centered seems like the new gen like ;)

More seriously it is quite left centered indeed. Not sure whether that's a trend though. If you can't get a better one, you can still install a keylog custom datewheel (unless the left centered is not due to the datewheel but to the datewindow that is more to the right than on the v1, just thinking out loud here)

Reactions: tmp2018

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
mottykytu imho its the lightning, as the dial in this video looks pretty much 1:1 like the gray version

roflwaffles a lot of gen dws are not perfectly centered as well, but this seems to be a little too much left. hopefully its not the datewindow, otherwise it might be a long wait for a v3 :/ - ask your td for the best one. :p

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
Just ordered the V2 version at Toro's.
Here are the 2 accepted QC pictures I got for V1 & V2. Colour difference is obvious.
I'll make side by side pictures of the watches when V2 shows up.

V1V2.jpg

V1V22.jpg

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
shame about the crown and the bezel !!!

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17
Just ordered the V2 version at Toro's.
Here are the 2 accepted QC pictures I got for V1 & V2. Colour difference is obvious.
I'll make side by side pictures of the watches when V2 shows up.

V1V2.jpg

V1V22.jpg

I'd like to see this comparison showing the same day (15 or 28). 2 is wider than 1 and both are the same distance from the left so 15 appears to be off centre on V1. Is it the same on V2?