Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

New 5524G released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIONONE View Post

chinese rule is something like this: first release the more complicated versions - then the simpler references. If the first model sells well chances are high that there will be more from that factory.
    Not sure if this one sold well

Comment

BIONONE isnt that a problem in this case? There are so many flaws on this model, they would probably not sell many. We're most likely not getting the 5522A then.......

I considered pulling the trigger on the 5524G but the non working pushers/gmt hand will annoy me too much. The local/home indicator not working is acceptable same goes for the white visible ring in the centre of the gmt hand.

Comment

Originally posted by jm_brc_7057 View Post
        BIONONE isnt that a problem in this case? There are so many flaws on this model, they would probably not sell many. We're most likely not getting the 5522A then.......

I considered pulling the trigger on the 5524G but the non working pushers/gmt hand will annoy me too much. The local/home indicator not working is acceptable same goes for the white visible ring in the centre of the gmt hand.
        I never really understood this way of the chinese rep business...

but:

They could sell much more if they would focus on simpler models in the first run and make their quality superb. On the other hand rep makers fear the competition to buy only the rep without the need of repping with the genuine reference...

just like you see on the recent JF/OMF/JHF... etc 15400 which are basically only reps of the first named JF...

Comment

BIONONE Oh man. They make copies of copies haha...
          makes sense that they fear the others might rep their rep while they themselves paid for the gen. So the simpler models are higher risk than the complicated one's, which needs buying the gen. The gen 5522A also costs more than the gen 5524g because it was a limited edition.

Comment

Working...
          X