• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5524G released

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Sometimes parts get damaged during material analysis. To get specific information about coatings or paints they have to get underneath the surface of some components.

And after all a CAD Engineer is often not a watchmaker who knows how to handle certain parts when reverse engineering movements or caseparts etc etc.

and just some food for thoughts - i have no confirmed info about this but wondered myself:
ZF bought a gen RM11 in rose gold, right?
... just look on chrono24 what spare parts for RM are available... oh look a RG RM bezel here, a sapphire dial there, also a nice clasp and of course several gen straps from which you cant really tell if they are gen or rep when looking at the latest achievements regarding the straps from ZF

... oh and all those listings come more or less from the same seller haha

again - dont want to start rumors or spread misinformation but that gave me some crazy thoughts and assumptions :D

My question is who is in the market for spare RM parts. If I owned one, I would be afraid of anyone touching it :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Does any one know what the strap size is for this one, lug/buckle width? And where to get the correct brown color. Thinking of ordering a strap from CF, but maybe difficult to choose the correct color.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
GRF makes the brown strap. My TD sold it to me for $40, and it matches the color perfectly. The strap size was the same as gen (I don’t remember now off hand what it was)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
20191022-171147.jpg

It just arrived today. Such a beautiful watch. The strap suits it very nicely IMO. But i think i will order the tan brown too to have an option for changing. I am thinking Camille Fournet. Does anyone have any idea on what the color is called in CF online configurator?

Godfathar have you ordered it mate? You where thinking that the watch is too big. I have about 17cm wrists and the watch wears very comfortable. It wears more like some of my 40 and 41 mm watches. It has small and steeply downward curved lugs, which helps. Also there is a good balance between the thickness and watch diameter.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
To say a few words about this watch.

I was concerned about the errors like many members in here.
1. Visually there is primarily only the little flaw, which is the white central circle on the GMT hand. That should've been blue. On the wrist it's not a big issue. Not very noticeable. But if it bothers someone it's moddable by painting that part.
2. Secondly the pushers at 10 and 8 are faux. There is no second timezone or GMT function (=local/home doesn't change between blue/white for indicating day/night).
3. The strap that comes with it is usable and a nice imitation strap, but it doesn't have the tan brown color, it comes in black. But this looks gorgeous on the watch.

Other than that, the watch is stunning. The dial has such a nice blue color and is very close to gen. It goes from blue to a very dark almost black depending on the lighting. The arabic numerals are superbly made like the gen. The hands are also nice. And the GMT hand moves around with the hours hand at a distance, which gives an impression of a functional watch.

In my opinion, it's like having a gen with broken GMT/second timezone function, but you have only paid exactly 1% of the price. So the moral is; This rep is really worth having. It's beautiful and a very special piece. But just don't hand it to someone, keep it on the wrist.

Reactions: BIONONE

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
20191022-171147.jpg

It just arrived today. Such a beautiful watch. The strap suits it very nicely IMO. But i think i will order the tan brown too to have an option for changing. I am thinking Camille Fournet. Does anyone have any idea on what the color is called in CF online configurator?

Godfathar have you ordered it mate? You where thinking that the watch is too big. I have about 17cm wrists and the watch wears very comfortable. It wears more like some of my 40 and 41 mm watches. It has small and steeply downward curved lugs, which helps. Also there is a good balance between the thickness and watch diameter.

Wow looks incredible on the wrist. Without a doubt it is much more than I expected. Thanks for the comments, I think you clarified many important points.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
Thank you for the mini review jm_brc_7057 , Although to be honest, I am still wishing someone would take the time and have much more depth review on the piece, as it is very difficult to find such reviews in here for this particular piece, covering the pros and cons, with in depth pictures and measurement pics as well.

No I haven't pulled the trigger, I still haven't made up my mind yet for wanting this pilot style watch, for me this piece, I have a love hate relationship with it, one day I find it good looking, and the next day I think that I could get other reps that are nicer looking.. having said that, it looks really good on your wrist buddy, so wear it in good health..

But you have to get the tan strap.. in the past, there was someone in Camille Fournet that knows his straps, I used to ask him what are the specs of the strap for a certain gen PP, and he sends me the list to all details of the strap, from the color code, the sizes for the ends of the strap to match the lugs and buckle, all the way to what color threads and the type and color of the insert, including the thickness of the strap.. I know for a fact that this particular guy unfortunately left the company, and that made things difficult to communicate with the new representatives that communicate via email. but maybe you give it a try and let us know, I am extremely interested to know if you contact CF and tell them that you have a 5524G and would like to order the exact specs for the tan strap, if they would help you and send you all the info for it or not.

again, wear it in great health mate, looks stunning on your wrist, I get the point that on the wrist that little flaw of the white circle diminishes, and I agree with you that you shouldn't give the rep to anyone, heck, that goes to all reps in general, do not hand in the rep to anyone, and learn how to refuse doing that with all confidence.

best

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Godfathar

Thanks mate. You are always very gentle in your comments.

I completely agree with your point. About the review part but also about this watch. It can indeed split people.
The thing about the review is, i have a very special piece incoming. It's a decent rep of a 6102R Celestial! By decent i mean it's a version which with the modds i have in mind can be free of most of the flaws. And i've already begun the writing, and it's actually interesting for me to write about it. So i am doing an effort and concentrating on that at the moment.
Also i have the 5205G-013 in GRF incoming, which i was thinking of maybe reviewing. If find time i will go in depth with the 5524G.

Regarding CF i have found a good contact in there. She gives good advice - Louise. She sent me different options for this:

if looking for someone out of the box:
318-219.jpg

this is calf in brown, if a bit darker strap is wanted:
256-022.jpg

This is Patinea Calf:
Patinea.jpg

The gold patinea calf is the one that comes closest to the tan strap from the gen 5524G:
Sk-rmbillede-2019-10-23-kl-18-12-19.png

I have ordered this one in 4.0mm hexagonal shape with thick ecru colored stitching.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
jm_brc_7057

Great to hear that someone is willing to go the extra mile to help you.. from what I have seen , CF does not know exactly which calf color code should be used to make the gen strap? or they gave you the specs for the gen strap?? making it 4mm hexagonal shape, was it you deciding or they told you that the gen carries this spec? oh and one more question if I may, can you show us a pic of the buckle? was interested to see how they made it,, wither of not it looks like the gen..

Before I forget, instruct them to do the crossed square in the stitching like the gen if you decide to go with hand stitching.. a small detail that I would oped for if I am getting the strap.

5524G.jpg

And thank you for your time and efforts for the other reviews intended in advance,

Regards,

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
jm_brc_7057

Great to hear that someone is willing to go the extra mile to help you.. from what I have seen , CF does not know exactly which calf color code should be used to make the gen strap? or they gave you the specs for the gen strap?? making it 4mm hexagonal shape, was it you deciding or they told you that the gen carries this spec? oh and one more question if I may, can you show us a pic of the buckle? was interested to see how they made it,, wither of not it looks like the gen..

Before I forget, instruct them to do the crossed square in the stitching like the gen if you decide to go with hand stitching.. a small detail that I would oped for if I am getting the strap.

And thank you for your time and efforts for the other reviews intended in advance,

Regards,

Actually i didn't ask her to make it like the gen specs, so she didn't tell me the exact color code. But she told me to make it hexagonal. I told her to make it 4 mm.

I just emailed and asked to change the stitching to hand if they can make the cross. I had chosen machine stitching with thick thread. Also i asked her if she can check the thickness of the strap and color code of the PP strap. And make it the same if possible.

The buckle isn't like the gen at all. They've put a normal pin buckle on the rep:
20191024-161129.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Godfathar