• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

To the idiot tourist that did this.......

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Folks,

Today on a business trip to Vienna, what can only be described as an idiotic young tourist who was too engrossed in her social media to bother to look where she was going, walking directly into me and causing me to fall over.......here's the result.....

Movement stopped, case chipped, crystal smashed - KMF watch with DW mod = ruined. Going to have to take a plunge and buy a new one but if anyone is interested in taking this off my hands for a nominal fee for parts then please shoot me a PM.

image1 (1) by Scott M, on Flickr

image1 by Scott M, on Flickr

mottykytu

4/6/13
omg omg, I do not know how up-set/angry I will be in the same situation...!

Hope you can fix/source this sapphire crystal quickly... and again sometimes rep can saves us 5000 usd repair in Patek...!

P/s: btw what do you mean by "case chipped"?

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Scottymagic I think it's fixable for ~$300, if you want to do it.

Get a new movement from a TD (as it is engraved) ~$150
Get a prof 2xAR from prof - $150

G

Omg I'm literally fuming with rage. I would have personally grabbed her phone and stamped on it. I do hope you can get it sorted somehow!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Probably texting and walking without paying no attention at all....it's happening everywhere. Some do it even while driving!

Even the law is an ass as they say - a case in the U.K. this week ruled a cyclist has to pay a woman damages as she walked across the road at a red signal looking at her phone causing a cyclist to hit her despite 4 witnesses saying the cyclist couldn’t have avoided her!

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
These are situations that obviously causes us a lot of anger, but at the same time give a huge satisfaction for the fact of being a rep... A few months ago a stupid ashole stoled me a 15400, the last week by accident I scratched my aquanaut just a bit. And the truth is that I learned from both situations, be more careful and give thanks that is a rep

Reactions: Scottymagic

Simonbolivar

Renowned Member
17/2/13
Long Island, New York
Sorry about the watch, but I’m stuck on how a young lady knocked over a grown man, just walking down the street.. was she a “big girl”?...running at a full sprint? Did you not see her coming?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Sorry about the watch, but I’m stuck on how a young lady knocked over a grown man, just walking down the street.. was she a “big girl”?...running at a full sprint? Did you not see her coming?

I’ve got a disability which affects my walking and balance.....that’s why lol

Reactions: Natas78

Troklo

23/12/15
Sorry to hear, hope you still enjoy your stay in Vienna. If you need any tips let me know!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
This is interesting: can you not take the same miyota model off ebay and swap the decorated parts?

No the Miyota is engraved. You can use one off eBay and change the rotor, though. The movement wouldn't be decorated.

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
Ah ok! I thought all decorated parts were swappable.

So the “say” that eta clones and miyotas are easier to repair than rolex clones is not really true. You still need to source a movement from the TD.

gianttg

Renowned Member
11/4/15
did you try to avoid this accident? Maybe both of you did not see each other as well.
This kind of situation is happen with both of people right?