• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF / PPF Hybrid Mod

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
Has anyone found a TD who will sell just a PFF dial and hands?

I tried many popular TD´s, including Toro, but no one gave me a positive answer...
It is confusing because other forum members say that most TD´s sells these parts but I can´t find anyone. :(
Ended up buying a PPF v3, let´s see when it arrives...

otabaru

7/3/18
Toro was able to get me a PPF V2 blue dial and hands.

Yes, I knew Toro was selling these parts, but not anymore when I asked.
Maybe, he just sells parts to previous costumers who already bought complete watches from him...

Last edited:

TidyTim

Horology Curious
2/1/20
Seoul, SK
I tried many popular TD´s, including Toro, but no one gave me a positive answer...
It is confusing because other forum members say that most TD´s sells these parts but I can´t find anyone. :(
Ended up buying a PPF v3, let´s see when it arrives...

What TD did you purchase your v3 through?

sam_7

10/10/19

Gen dial in a pf base with ppf hands and keylog/spongebob pf dwo next to ppf dial - it‘s really really close to the gen, the dots look a little bit smaller on ppf, but it‘s not seen with naked eye imo - the letters are very well made, no difference to gen, so i think the ppf/pf hybrid is the closest to gen so far, let‘s be surprised, what the future 324sc clone brings..

seba0112

24/3/18
EU

Gen dial in a pf base with ppf hands and keylog/spongebob pf dwo next to ppf dial - it‘s really really close to the gen, the dots look a little bit smaller on ppf, but it‘s not seen with naked eye imo - the letters are very well made, no difference to gen, so i think the ppf/pf hybrid is the closest to gen so far, let‘s be surprised, what the future 324sc clone brings..

would you might sell your franken? ;)

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I'm concerned about the alignment of the date wheel. It looks to be to the left and not centered.

He also said he fixed the 12 o'clock hour markers but they don't look that straight to me and have a space between them.

What do you guys think?

I emailed him about the date wheel being to the left but I have not heard back yet. Please let me know if you guys think it looks aligned.

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I'm concerned about the alignment of the date wheel. It looks to be to the left and not centered.

He also said he fixed the 12 o'clock hour markers but they don't look that straight to me and have a space between them.

What do you guys think?

I emailed him about the date wheel being to the left but I have not heard back yet. Please let me know if you guys think it looks aligned.

There needs to be space between the 12 markers. :)

about the date wheel - looks weird but I’m no expert on the nautilus.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

What do you guys think?

Looks fine... you're over obsessing, this is macro shots... slight imperfections are blown WAY out of proportion. Even the Gens have these defects at macro level.

Reactions: Glaude

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Looks fine... you're over obsessing, this is macro shots... slight imperfections are blown WAY out of proportion. Even the Gens have these defects at macro level.

Haha your probably right. I guess since I've waited a few months to see the end result I had a lot on my mind. Lol

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU

What do you guys think?

Dont worry too much, I think it looks good.

Ive noticed that some numbers on my Hybrid are a bit to the left - 6 & 8 but some Gens also... Might be the DWO that comes that way ?

0f4a45f99fff4b7c1cfd40878b3437bf.jpg

9494360e61c49794870eece1789a8f66.plist

7abb1a11ce4ca11669baa830e341019d.png

Anyways, your Hybrid looks good to me. Enjoy

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: theREALgoat

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
There needs to be space between the 12 markers. :)

about the date wheel - looks weird but I’m no expert on the nautilus.

Thanks for info on the 12 o'clock markers I did not know that. I am probably over obsessing about the date wheel alignment.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Haha your probably right. I guess since I've waited a few months to see the end result I had a lot on my mind. Lol

Truth is, you'll never ever notice it in real life. I don't even think either problem is there anyway... but regardless, you will never see it. Get your watch back and look for yourself and I'm 100% sure you'll be happy. It is much harder looking at these photos... lighting... angles they all play a role. It looks great, you'll love it, tell him to dispatch it imo!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Truth is, you'll never ever notice it in real life. I don't even think either problem is there anyway... but regardless, you will never see it. Get your watch back and look for yourself and I'm 100% sure you'll be happy. It is much harder looking at these photos... lighting... angles they all play a role. It looks great, you'll love it, tell him to dispatch it imo!

Thanks Sonofalich will do!! I'll post better pics when I get it back.

Reactions: Sonofalich

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Dont worry too much, I think it looks good.

Ive noticed that some numbers on my Hybrid are a bit to the left - 6 & 8 but some Gens also... Might be the DWO that comes that way ?

0f4a45f99fff4b7c1cfd40878b3437bf.jpg

9494360e61c49794870eece1789a8f66.plist

7abb1a11ce4ca11669baa830e341019d.png

Anyways, your Hybrid looks good to me. Enjoy

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Thanks MrMarbella! Yours is looking quite nice as well!!