• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF / PPF Hybrid Mod

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Anyone but the ppf movement in to the PF case ? Does it work well , and is it worth compare to the PF because of the better decoration on the ppf movement ?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
You should order the dwo corresponding to the dial. Ie if you have a ppf dial, order the ppf dwo

having said that, the ppf dwo worked fine with my pf dial.

Ok so I received the PPF blue dial and hands. They look great. I also received the keylog PPF date wheel. I boxed up my PF complete watch with the PPF dial and hands and keylog PPF date wheel and have sent it to be modded.

However, the modder told me that I should have ordered the keylog PF date wheel since I have a PF case. He said that the date wheel needs to correspond to the case not the dial.

This modder said he has a keylog PF date wheel which he will put in for me. Getting some conflicting guidance here and could use some additional insight into this mod. Thanks

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok so I received the PPF blue dial and hands. They look great. I also received the keylog PPF date wheel. I boxed up my PF complete watch with the PPF dial and hands and keylog PPF date wheel and have sent it to be modded.
However, the modder told me that I should have ordered the keylog PF date wheel since I have a PF case. He said that the date wheel needs to correspond to the case not the dial.
This modder said he has a keylog PF date wheel which he will put in for me. Getting some conflicting guidance here and could use some additional insight into this mod. Thanks
I'm sure you did right, but ask Keylog74 to be certain.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

That's not true! DW is for Dial. PPF dial = PPF DW

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

Who’s the modder? Have they done this mod before? The movements should be the same except for the deco plates, which shouldn’t affect the dwo. I’d love to know the modder’s rationale. The ppf dwo works perfectly with my pf case + ppf dial and case

regardless, your modder has both dwo, so you’ll be fine. If he wants to use the pf, ask him for photos of alignment of all dates and qc them yourself.

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Who’s the modder? Have they done this mod before? The movements should be the same except for the deco plates, which shouldn’t affect the dwo. I’d love to know the modder’s rationale. The ppf dwo works perfectly with my pf case + ppf dial and case

regardless, your modder has both dwo, so you’ll be fine. If he wants to use the pf, ask him for photos of alignment of all dates and qc them yourself.

Can you show me number 15 on your watch? I have the same build, keylog dw on PPF dial.

the single-digit numbers and the two-digit numbers from 20 onwards are perfectly centered on the date window, whereas the numbers from 11 to 19 seem to be justified on the right.

Thank you very much

Tobel

6/7/17
That's not true! DW is for Dial. PPF dial = PPF DW

Absolutely, the datewheel is specific to the datewindow position, which depends on the dial. The case has nothing to do with that

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

The modder is Spongebob. I bought the date wheel from this website: https://datewheel.info

Which was on this forum listed as trusted. Is that the keylog date wheel? I thought that was what I was buying.

So when I asked Spongebob to do the build he said I should have got the PF date wheel. Anyway I'll ask him again to clarify via email.

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
The modder is Spongebob. I bought the date wheel from this website: https://datewheel.info

Which was on this forum listed as trusted. Is that the keylog date wheel? I thought that was what I was buying.

So when I asked Spongebob to do the build he said I should have got the PF date wheel. Anyway I'll ask him again to clarify via email.

Dont worry, Pf dwo will fit perfectly fine. All numbers will be centered.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I am so confused about this now. It makes sense what some members are saying that the dial should correspond to the date wheel. But I see the other's point that perhaps the case and movement can impact the date wheel as well..

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
I am so confused about this now. It makes sense what some members are saying that the dial should correspond to the date wheel. But I see the other's point that perhaps the case and movement can impact the date wheel as well..

Read post #77 of this thread. The question now is, which one fits better.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Read post #77 of this thread. The question now is, which one fits better.

Spongebob is one of the best modders so I trust him on his decision and opinion. I am certain he will be able to determine the best date wheel for this project. If for some reason one of the date wheels does not fit right he will use the other one. I will keep everyone posted on the developments.

By the way the PPF V2 blue dial is really great. When I held it up next to the standard PF dial that comes with the PF watch it is really noticeable the difference. This is going to be a great mod!
​​​​​

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia

I defer 100% to spongebob. He knows a million times more than me

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I defer 100% to spongebob. He knows a million times more than me

No problem Nivka and I know a million times less than both of you. Lol

Just can't wait to see his finished product! Will post pics and update with any other news. Thanks again to all that posted information. Much appreciated.

Reactions: Nivka

daft772

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/19
Here’s my 2 cents after doing 6 pf/ppf builds. Always order the PF dwo.

it could be the batch of PPF overlays that I got, but man, I couldn’t get the dates centered no matter if I used it with the PF dial or PPF dial. It was very frustrating and took me a long time to compensate one side of the wheel only to have the opposite side off centered... which was better than having all the dates off Center.

after my ocd kicked in for half of the month, I ripped them apart again to swap in PF datewheels.

With all due respect to the folks here for putting in the time and effort to make these overlays, it’s my personal opinion that the PF dwo works well with PF and PPF dials.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Here’s my 2 cents after doing 6 pf/ppf builds. Always order the PF dwo.

it could be the batch of PPF overlays that I got, but man, I couldn’t get the dates centered no matter if I used it with the PF dial or PPF dial. It was very frustrating and took me a long time to compensate one side of the wheel only to have the opposite side off centered... which was better than having all the dates off Center.

after my ocd kicked in for half of the month, I ripped them apart again to swap in PF datewheels.

With all due respect to the folks here for putting in the time and effort to make these overlays, it’s my personal opinion that the PF dwo works well with PF and PPF dials.

Thank you for the insight. I hope he can make either date wheel work PF or PPF.