• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP Nautilus PPF: Which DIAL was nailed? BLUE or WHITE?

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
White dial is pretty good but after receiving a gen dial it's not the same, the gen has a gray luster to it in the shade and looks more cream colored in the sunlight.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
The MKF V6 dial color is pretty close. The case and bracelet are good. My only issues with it are the V crown guards which are hard to notice and the datewheel which can be fixed.

I also believe it’s a very good quality rep. Now keep in mind that the gen is about 70K now so be sure you can pull off!

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The MKF V6 dial color is pretty close. The case and bracelet are good. My only issues with it are the V crown guards which are hard to notice and the datewheel which can be fixed.

I also believe it’s a very good quality rep. Now keep in mind that the gen is about 70K now so be sure you can pull off!

Tbh... I've seen people say this before "its a 70k watch, make sure you can pull it off" is quite unfounded. It's only going to be recognised by watch nerds. 99% of the population couldn't care what you had strapped to your risk. Most would think your Rolex that's a rep of a 10-15k watch was far better and more expensive than the Patek...

Few know the value of watches, wear what makes you happy. It'll be fine :)

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Sonofalich it’s actually quite well founded. There are many on here that are in fear of being called out and I’ve read a few stories of people being embarrassed at parties or whatever. Either way up to you just thought I’d point out.

In my opinion if your watch is worth more than your car let’s say, or your a college student this is not a great choice. But if your comfortable explaining to anyone that asks it’s a rep that’s fine. Enjoy it.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
I think I'll get the blue, since it's very unlikely I'll ever cross paths with the gen.

Outside certain areas of London, I would agree. Inside those areas (you know which ones), they are certainly found with amazing regularity. Doubly so during supercar season. So this depends on where one spends their time.

And if you travel outside the UK where affluent people congregate, once again you will see your fair share in just the locations one would expect.

[edit]
I'm now living in Australia, and find them incredibly rare except a small Sydney enclave of enthusiasts.

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Outside certain areas of London, I would agree. Inside those areas (you know which ones), they are certainly found with amazing regularity. Doubly so during supercar season. So this depends on where one spends their time.

And if you travel outside the UK where affluent people congregate, once again you will see your fair share in just the locations one would expect.

[edit]
I'm now living in Australia, and find them incredibly rare except a small Sydney enclave of enthusiasts.

I have came across a fair bit of ’Nautilusses’ or ‘Nautilea’ lol in London and actually on the tube leading to the City. There’s an affluent bunch although they’d probably wouldn’t be able to know the difference between reps and gens as much as we do.