• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Small PP Dress Watch?

JiHo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/1/17
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Patek Rep dress watch for a 6 inch wrist. I read up and saw that there are good reps of the 5227 as well as the 5296 but I feel like both might be too big for a round 6 inch wrist? Are there any good reps of a Patek dress watch 36-37mm? And what are your thoughts about either the 5227 or the 5296 on a wrist that small?

mottykytu

4/6/13
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a Patek Rep dress watch for a 6 inch wrist. I read up and saw that there are good reps of the 5227 as well as the 5296 but I feel like both might be too big for a round 6 inch wrist? Are there any good reps of a Patek dress watch 36-37mm? And what are your thoughts about either the 5227 or the 5296 on a wrist that small?

yes it is ok I think, most of the watch now is 38mm at least (and Rep just copy that size)

you should go vintage Patek to got under 36mm, but it is very hard for you to find REP Vintage Patek ! should you look at the 5119G REP

JiHo

23/1/17
yes it is ok I think, most of the watch now is 38mm at least (and Rep just copy that size)

you should go vintage Patek to got under 36mm, but it is very hard for you to find REP Vintage Patek ! should you look at the 5119G REP

Do good reps of that watch exist? I had looked for that and the 5120 at one point but I couldn't find much.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The ZF 5296 is 38mm which is quite small from today's standards, and it's borderline super rep so I would go for this one. Below 38mm is really small

JiHo

23/1/17
The ZF 5296 is 38mm which is quite small from today's standards, and it's borderline super rep so I would go for this one. Below 38mm is really small

You wouldn't happen to know the lug to lug for that watch would you? It was at the absolute top of my list for a dress rep but the lugs look like they stick straight out and I'm worried about overhang.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
No sorry I don't own it. Look for the ZF calatrava thread and ask there, you may have a better chance. But honestly with 6 inches I don't see why you couldn't pull off a 38mm. Except Patek, no one manufactures anything smaller than 38mm, and many start at 39 or 40, including Vacheron and Lange. And you're definitely not the only one with a 6 inch wrist ;)

JiHo

23/1/17
No sorry I don't own it. Look for the ZF calatrava thread and ask there, you may have a better chance. But honestly with 6 inches I don't see why you couldn't pull off a 38mm. Except Patek, no one manufactures anything smaller than 38mm, and many start at 39 or 40, including Vacheron and Lange. And you're definitely not the only one with a 6 inch wrist ;)

Yeah that's true. I started off like 2 years ago getting huge watches that I liked but ultimately didn't look great on my wrist and I guess it kind of freaks me out now. I was also thinking of an IWC portofino since it's super rep status and it supposedly wears small. I love patek though so I might do some more looking before I buy something.

Thanks!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
JiHo don't worry. The lugs aren't straight. They're down folded and angle the strap near the case.
VifARo.md.jpg

Will make the watch sit tight. Also it's very thin. Much tinner than the Jaeger Lecoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon and as thin as the Vacheron Constantin historiques Chronometre Royal 190 . Which in itself is pretty thin.

Edit: 1907*

Last edited:

JiHo

23/1/17
JiHo don't worry. The lugs aren't straight. They're down folded and angle the strap near the case.

Will make the watch sit tight. Also it's very thin. Much tinner than the Jaeger Lecoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon and as thin as the Vacheron Constantin historiques Chronometre Royal 190 . Which in itself is pretty thin.

Edit: 1907*

That was so helpful and thanks for taking the time to include the photos! The reason I'm looking for a dress watch now is for a wedding watch. Thoughts on white dial vs black? Other than the weight this is basically a super rep right?

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
That was so helpful and thanks for taking the time to include the photos! The reason I'm looking for a dress watch now is for a wedding watch. Thoughts on white dial vs black? Other than the weight this is basically a super rep right?

This is a ivory dial. I think it's great in RG/ivory. The watch is simple, elegant and with the recognizable Patek design. The rep is of high of quality finish. You can read the ZF calatrava thread details. It's close to gen.

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I also love Patek, but have you thought about a Cartier Tank? I have seen that many celebrities using it at the red carpets and it does looks amazing!
VFZwuf.md.jpg

Last edited:

JiHo

23/1/17
I also love Patek, but have you thought about a Cartier Tank? I have seen that many celebrities using it at the red carpets and it does looks amazing!
VFZwuf.md.jpg

Yeah beautiful watches and certainly one of my favorites. I actually just ordered a midsize GF santos de cartier about a week ago. Are there any tank superreps?

Last edited:

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Yeah beautiful watches and certainly one of my favorites. I actually just ordered a midsize GF santos de cartier about a week ago. Are there any tank superreps?

I have the ZF and is a great rep!