• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should I sell my Gen Aquanaut Khaki Strap?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

Hey guys,

Bit of a dilemma.

I managed to pick up a Genuine khaki strap from a seller on eBay early last year (rare as hens teeth as you can imagine). It pretty much cost me a small fortune but after seeing some of the wrist pics on Instagram I knew I had to have one. Reality is I don't wear my Aquanaut that much so I am two minds whether to part with it or not. I've seen some prices banded around that are frankly ridiculous (Kristian Haagen said people are paying 4 figures $/£ XXXX for them).

Should I just keep it or let it go?

Akra

11/1/17
Send it to the repmakers, they need to get the colour right :)
On what factory aquanaut have you installed it?

Reactions: Doud
G

Haha I'd be worried they wouldn't send it back!

It's on a V6f aquanaut

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
If you don't wear it or use it sell it. Buy something you will!

mottykytu

4/6/13
Hey guys,

Bit of a dilemma.

I managed to pick up a Genuine khaki strap from a seller on eBay early last year (rare as hens teeth as you can imagine). It pretty much cost me a small fortune but after seeing some of the wrist pics on Instagram I knew I had to have one. Reality is I don't wear my Aquanaut that much so I am two minds whether to part with it or not. I've seen some prices banded around that are frankly ridiculous (Kristian Haagen said people are paying 4 figures $/£ XXXX for them).

Should I just keep it or let it go?

but to have a Khaki Strap you have to pair it with a 5168G, khaki dial, isn't it?

jholmeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/17
It’s a rubber strap that somebody potentially would pay thousands for. I bought a rep khaki strap on eBay for about 20 bucks that looks pretty spot on. The rational decision would be to sell... but we all know this hobby isn’t rational :)

Reactions: majwilliams0308

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I cannot remember that the V6F accepted gen straps without case modification.

Does your strap come with the metal inlays and the small pins that click into the case?

Try to sell it on the bay - if nobody wants it - keep it ;)

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
It’s a rubber strap that somebody potentially would pay thousands for. I bought a rep khaki strap on eBay for about 20 bucks that looks pretty spot on. The rational decision would be to sell... but we all know this hobby isn’t rational :)

Mind sharing the name of the ebay seller?

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Sell it, soon the Aquanaut 5168G Khaki will be replicated and you will be able to get the strap for quite a small price compared to gen.

Last edited:
G

but to have a Khaki Strap you have to pair it with a 5168G, khaki dial, isn't it?

No. It actually looks quite groovy on the black/grey Aquanaut and I believe it was some of the 'inspiration' behind doing the khaki coloured dial version. Patek used to sell them (albeit only a select few) but decided to discontinue them. Hence now the craze for the strap.

BIONONE It's a V6F (unmodified case). Yes it has small pins on the end. Was a bit difficult to fit (I hate working with any strap) but fits it very well.

Akra

11/1/17
Sell it, soon the Aquanaut 5168G Khaki will be replicated and you will be able to get the strap for quite a small price compared to gen.

This strap does not fit on the 5167A unfortunately, at least on the gen that is.

G

So. I sold it. £1500 GBP.

A friend of mine sold his too, he was lucky as it was uncut (rare as Patek don't usually let you leave the store unless they size it to your wrist)

£2300. Absolute insanity!

mottykytu

4/6/13
So. I sold it. £1500 GBP.

A friend of mine sold his too, he was lucky as it was uncut (rare as Patek don't usually let you leave the store unless they size it to your wrist)

£2300. Absolute insanity!

oh my god :O it worth an omega watch here for a strap.

btw the normal 5167a gen strap is only about 200euro ?

Last edited:

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
You made a clever decision, congrats!!!

Hope they can rep it so you can get a similar one for 50 USD

Last edited:

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Dang... Congrats on the sale, but that is a ludicrous price for a piece of rubber.

I'm just waiting patiently for the rep makers to release some strap options. In my mind it should be so easy. They have the moulds already for their black strap, just need to get the right materials to change the color and voila ..

G

Yes incredible isn't it. Personally I put the blame on all the 'influencers' on Instagram hyping stuff up (not to mention Patek themselves).

I mean it looked good on the khaki, but £1500 good? Not a chance!
cc24704eef160f0407b75b13587b5331.jpg

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
I'd sell it, if it was a steel bracelet thats a keeper.