• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 mod (blue dial) − PF case / MKF dial

Olsson

Horology Curious
25/7/18
Hi folks

Have plans for following modded 5711:

Case: PF
Bracelet: PF
Dial: MKF V6 (blue dial)
Movement: MKF
DW: spongebob (for MKF)

1. Are these parts compatible? / Will MKF movement fit inside PF case?
2. What further mod has to be done? (new lume, brushing, thinning?)

Any help appreciated.

Reactions: gilrob

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hi folks

Have plans for following modded 5711:

Case: PF
Bracelet: PF
Dial: MKF V6 (blue dial)
Movement: MKF
DW: spongebob (for MKF)

1. Are these parts compatible? / Will MKF movement fit inside PF case?
2. What further mod has to be done? (new lume, brushing, thinning?)

Any help appreciated.

It looks like your plan is similar to Ultra929 's plan, it would be best to consult with him for the information that you require. There is also a thread on this. The Kelog/spongebob DW for the MKF dial is not yet available, availability date is not known at this time. Best of luck.

Olsson

Horology Curious
25/7/18
gilrob

Thanks for your quick reply. I've seen this thread, though it seems as if he is planning on another modification with other parts.

Anyways, I'm not quite sure if MKF movement will fit into PF case, due to thickness.

That's why, for now, I'll go with regular MKF − and DW mod, as soon as it's out.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Wouldn't keylog datewheel be a better solution?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Why use a MKF movement? It has spelling errors. Otherwise they’re the same. Should fit.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
There's different ones? I'm thinking about the one from the other thread (sticky).

Keylog datewheels are closest to gen from what I've read, based on other members opinions.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
One mod that needs to be mentioned is polishing the case and edges. That seems to be missing on all reps to the same degree you see on gen.

mottykytu

4/6/13
One mod that needs to be mentioned is polishing the case and edges. That seems to be missing on all reps to the same degree you see on gen.

They have special technique or just more carefully polidshing?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
They have special technique or just more carefully polidshing?

The PF case and bracelet need a bevel cut into the edges. Then, you’d need to polish with small device. A good jeweler or watchsmith can handle.