• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 how make a good Franken?

Ulfred55

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/19
Just finished reading the full tread. Thinking of doing a 5711 mod with PPF dial hands and PF everything else. Can I confirm with the experts here if keylog should be PF or PPF in this case? Any other mods you’d recommend?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Just finished reading the full tread. Thinking of doing a 5711 mod with PPF dial hands and PF everything else. Can I confirm with the experts here if keylog should be PF or PPF in this case? Any other mods you’d recommend?

I get this question a lot of times so I’ll reply here.

The date wheel needs to be the one made for the specific dial you have/use one your watch/build.

Ulfred55

5/5/19
I get this question a lot of times so I’ll reply here.

The date wheel needs to be the one made for the specific dial you have/use one your watch/build.

That's helpful, thanks a lot! Will PM you soon to get it.

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
hi guys,

i haved a some problem with custom..1 pf is stopped and dstroy and i do re-order.. someone have idea which the best gasket of PF or Ppf?
or there are a online store for this?

the original gasket on web stay at near 300$ (I think is too much)

Watchguy0702

23/8/19
Hey all, I am wondering how long will a Miyota movement last in my rep patek. But I am also considering just switching it out for a eta 2892 and just forgetting about the look of the movement. I could care less about whether the movement looks gen, I would rather the movement last. So should I switch movement or should the Miyota be fine for a couple years??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey all, I am wondering how long will a Miyota movement last in my rep patek. But I am also considering just switching it out for a eta 2892 and just forgetting about the look of the movement. I could care less about whether the movement looks gen, I would rather the movement last. So should I switch movement or should the Miyota be fine for a couple years??

I see you found your way to the Patek Philippe sub-forum. The Miyota 9015 should last you a lot longer than a couple of years, for more info on movements check out the RWI Movement Section, which is in the Tech Section.

daft772

28/5/19

The miyota 9015 is a slim movement, and most factories do a modded version that's even slimmer at like 3mm.
The eta 2892 likely won't fit, unless you don't use a rotor.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Is a watch smith able to build a franken from a PPF and PF model if I give him both watches and tell him to put the PPF dial and hands + datewheel into the PF case?
Because the datewheel has to be modified right?

Of course he also has to put the PF parts into the PPF so I can sell the „flawed“ watch lol

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
It will not be a franken beause no genuine factory parts are used. You will need to buy the special PPF Date Wheel Overlay/date wheel plus the watches you already mentioned. In your case, I would send all the parts to slaughterer62, after coordination off course, who is a very good modder in Germany. Look at the sticky at the top of this page entitled, Nautilus Date Wheel Project and search for the website that sells the PPF date wheel.

Reactions: bosaftw

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
It will not be a franken beause no genuine factory parts are used. You will need to buy the special PPF Date Wheel Overlay/date wheel plus the watches you already mentioned. In your case, I would send all the parts to slaughterer62, after coordination off course, who is a very good modder in Germany. Look at the sticky at the top of this page entitled, Nautilus Date Wheel Project and search for the website that sells the PPF date wheel.

Okay so which of these datewheels do I need on the datewheel website?

Wouldn‘t it be possible to swap the whole dial + hands + datewheel + movement from PPF to PF and the opposite?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
You need the PPF date wheel from the date wheel site, it is specifically made for the PPF dial.

Yes you can transfer the parts from the PPF case to the PF case. Consult with your watch smith to be sure.

Reactions: bosaftw

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
watch arrived.. 2 week of work an I put the pics of work..

my opinion is better ppf blue dial.. best angle and position of marker.. better sscript.. blue light darker.. but the 2019 model with mark box is pretty darker..

pf have superb blue but the script and mostly marker is all out of right position..

stay tuned

Reactions: Jovi75

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Where to find PPF white dial and hands?

Ask Akra , he was able to source PPF hands and dial. I'm not sure what color though. He did mention that Intime, Puretime and Toro Bravo offers these items, you'll have to do a special order. About $100.00 is the lowest price for the hands and dial.

Akra

11/1/17
Ask Akra , he was able to source PPF hands and dial. I'm not sure what color though. He did mention that Intime, Puretime and Toro Bravo offers these items, you'll have to do a special order. About $100.00 is the lowest price for the hands and dial.

That's correct. I got the white dial, which is currently at watchmaker for the makeover.:woo:
Don't think the colour would matter for the TD or PPF though; they should be able to sell you either one.

Jovi75

Horology Curious
4/11/18
Hi guys..... i’m One of your follower...
well i’ve Always liked to realize a franken of 5711..,.
i’ve finished 6 months ago a 5513 franken and now i’m Ready to start my new project.
well i’m Asking to you ....

i’d like To realize a 5711 with a jaeger cal that is the same of patek and Audemars...

do you have suggestions and suppliers to suggest to me ?.
the idea is:
blue dial
original mvmt + original dial
am I a fool ??...
????????????????????????????????

bc

Reactions: jvevermind

jvevermind

6/3/17
Hi guys..... i’m One of your follower...
well i’ve Always liked to realize a franken of 5711..,.
i’ve finished 6 months ago a 5513 franken and now i’m Ready to start my new project.
well i’m Asking to you ....

i’d like To realize a 5711 with a jaeger cal that is the same of patek and Audemars...

do you have suggestions and suppliers to suggest to me ?.
the idea is:
blue dial
original mvmt + original dial
am I a fool ??...
????????????????????????????????

bc
You mean The JLC 920, Patek 28-255C and ap2121 movement ?

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk