• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5711 how make a good Franken?

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
hi guys, I'm think about a make a 5711 blue Franken..

I want your competence!

it's a good choice proceed with

ppf case
pf bezel
ppf or pf movement?
pf blue dial
ppf hands
keylog dw
bracelet ppf
claps pf

and need some service and some mod for crown..

for you?

thank you

mottykytu

4/6/13
only crown eheheh.. sorry i don't write

But actually, gen crown is not that easy to fit in

And more important, it is not worth the Invest + will not add much value to your final franken. So I suggest is should better be Dial.

anw PPF Hands + Dial (white) considered super rep here

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
But actually, gen crown is not that easy to fit in

And more important, it is not worth the Invest + will not add much value to your final franken. So I suggest is should better be Dial.

anw PPF Hands + Dial (white) considered super rep here

yes but i view the pf and ppf from friend but bezel ppf are terrible also the ceramic ball of claps.. but I don't know if pf bezel mount (fine) on ppf base case.. and I love only blue dial.. and gen (cost much) but the dial pins are not compatible..

mottykytu

4/6/13
yes but i view the pf and ppf from friend but bezel ppf are terrible also the ceramic ball of claps.. but I don't know if pf bezel mount (fine) on ppf base case.. and I love only blue dial.. and gen (cost much) but the dial pins are not compatible..

Why do not you do the opposite, DIAL HAND MOVEMENT of PPF into the whole PF Case?

italym21

Known Member
21/3/19
italy
because the ppf have best finished: in the crown zone (not remediable, it's
it's different cut in the PF) best finishes on the lugs and finally the case is little bit lower...

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
A Franken implies having gen parts. So, what your doing is a mod.

Anyway, Im building what I think is the best choice based on reading all the threads and doing my own research over the last several months:
1. PF case, bezel, bracelet, crown, hands, and movement. This is the most accurate choice to gen.
2. MKF dial with re-lume. MKF is very close to 2014 and 2015 dial. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=505965
3. Keylog datewheel.
4. Thin case, silence rotor, bevel and polish edges per gen.

That should produce a very close example.

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18

Anyway, Im building what I think is the best choice based on reading all the threads and doing my own research over the last several months:
1. PF case, bezel, bracelet, crown, hands, and movement. This is the most accurate choice to gen.
2. MKF dial with re-lume. MKF is very close to 2014 a 2015 dial. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=505965
3. Keylog datewheel.

You have to post photos of this beauty when it's done.

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU

2. MKF dial with re-lume. MKF is very close to 2014 a 2015 dial. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=505965
3. Keylog datewheel.

Exactly my thoughts ! Which movement will you use ?

Im moving ( if it will fit .. ) ppf movement, dial & hands onto pf case next week.

VPyrdy.jpg

Also using Pf bracelet, feels like much higher quality than ppf

Will use ppf clasp tho, better engraving.

VP1zdF.jpg

Reactions: MonsieurMax

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Mr.Marbella I’m using PF movement. There’s been a bunch of complaints about PPF clasp falling apart, ceramic bearings falling off and movement stopping so I’m not using anything from that factory. PF has pretty accurate parts.

Cool build! I do think the PPF white dial will look very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Marbella

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Mr.Marbella I’m using PF movement. There’s been a bunch of complaints about PPF clasp falling apart, ceramic bearings falling off and movement stopping so I’m not using anything from that factory. PF has pretty accurate parts.

Cool build! I do think the PPF white dial will like very nice.

Does the MKF dial fit on pf movement - DW position ? I have never held a MKF in my hands but on pics the DW position seems further away from the bezel compared to pf.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia

3. Keylog datewheel.

What do you think that will end up costing you?

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Does the MKF dial fit on pf movement - DW position ? I have never held a MKF in my hands but on pics the DW position seems further away from the bezel compared to pf.

Legend is doing the build. He believes he can make it work!

Reactions: Mr.Marbella

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well the 2 watches are about $1000. Maybe $1500?

Can't you just source the MKF dial or do you already have a MKF watch? I agree on your choice of the MKF blue dial, I've got a MKF v6, just waiting for the appropriate Keylog DWO to become available.

Reactions: Ultra929

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

The MKF dial will be compatible with the PF movement but it will require the appropriate Keylog DWO. I'm sure that Ultra929 and legend are aware of this. You and Ultra929's ideas for a modded 5711 are excellent.