• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus - Clasp Pin Missing - DIY Fix?

nucorno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/17

I received my PPF Nautilus last week and yesterday one of the pins holding the clasp popped out. My TD wants me to send it back, but I’d rather see if anyone can recommend a fix for this first. Thanks!

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Did you ask about at your local watchsmith?

Looks too common "part"

A "pin" can be found easily if you know dimensions, material etc.

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13
Well, seem like you just one of many owner of PPF who have the same problem here...

I hope my 5711 PPF, which are coming will be fine !

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Well, seem like you just one of many owner of PPF who have the same problem here...

I hope my 5711 PPF, which are coming will be fine !

Follow my previous advice and secure it right away, it's not the first time a watch has a tiny little flaw, that once known, required only a quick fix when you get it to avoid future problem.
It's a shame for other people that lost the ball, but don't wait for that to happen would be my advice :)

Reactions: csthe

mottykytu

4/6/13
Follow my previous advice and secure it right away, it's not the first time a watch has a tiny little flaw, that once known, required only a quick fix when you get it to avoid future problem.
It's a shame for other people that lost the ball, but don't wait for that to happen would be my advice :)

So I just glue it now before it fall out when everything is fine and still in position or I have to take it out/wait for it to fall out before glue it back with super glue?

Thank you

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I would try to do a little glue around the edge of, at the metal junction with the ball with either super glue or epoxy, (epoxy would be best).
You could do the same for the pin (just realized we are in the pin problem thread, not the ceramic ball) but be carefull not to put too much and lock the clasp and the pin.
I wouldn't touch the pin if I where you.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
How would one apply so little glue without messing around with glue?
Seriously, there is an "applying tool" or just to be careful?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
How would one apply so little glue without messing around with glue?
Seriously, there is an "applying tool" or just to be careful?

Cheap oil applicator could help, or simply the tip of toothpick

Reactions: csthe

Jjmiller

Horology Curious
31/5/19
Same issue here and no, not easy to get replaced locally (in my case, Spain). Most reputable workshops freak out when you hand over a PP and even those who try seem not to have the right replacement pin end. My TD says he will not be able to help until end of June ????