• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Side By Side with Gen

DreambreaX

Renowned Member
26/11/12
Theres other thread where the lume color of the PPF is off, more yellowish, but in this thread the lume is the same. Im confuse

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Theres other thread where the lume color of the PPF is off, more yellowish, but in this thread the lume is the same. Im confuse

Variability in pics, lighting conditions, I've never seen anyone report a yellow lume yet, but that could always happen, wouldn't be the first time a major change happen between batches

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
I have to say that the ppf white is truly the way to go...however, i also feel the biggest tell (IMO that’s something one may be able to see at a relative normal distance) is the protruding crown guard (bothers me more than the the bezel issue)...This is a bigger tell than the minuscule thickness variance ...now, if one was able to mod that then all real good. Until that’s doable, I’m more than happy with my bp (undecorated, thin, white dial and hands, ie. no yellowish, silent rotor, great date mag and all). A v2 will be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: stoyania

Druiz295thst

Looking Around
13/8/18
I’m trying to see their website but it’s all in Chinese, is there an American site for their stuff? :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I’m trying to see their website but it’s all in Chinese, is there an American site for their stuff? :/

What are you talking about ?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
What are you talking about ?

He searched for the water marked website in the comparison pictures - and as he is a total noob he wants to buy the watch from the pictures and doesn't know anything about our beloved TDs hehe

Reactions: Glaude

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18
Great comparison!! Thanks for sharing

Got my ppf white dial two days ago and I am really happy about it, I just resized the bracelet so now I can wear it.
The crown guard sticking out is a tell but doesn't bother me at all. I was afraid I had a problem with the crystal protruding a bit from the bezel (around 0.1/0.2 mm) but looks like it is normal from this pictures.

White dial is the way to go, simply stunning

Inviato dal mio HUAWEI MLA-L11 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Druiz295thst

Looking Around
13/8/18
He searched for the water marked website in the comparison pictures - and as he is a total noob he wants to buy the watch from the pictures and doesn't know anything about our beloved TDs hehe

Lol I’m new to this, I heard of like trusty time store, intime, iswiss but those sites are down. What site can I get this model from?? ????

mottykytu

4/6/13
Variability in pics, lighting conditions, I've never seen anyone report a yellow lume yet, but that could always happen, wouldn't be the first time a major change happen between batches

I can confirm that my lume is perfectly white in sun lighting and green in Dark light ! Do see the photo wear the lume is yellowlish of.

As I remember is was the comparation of the dial between PPF and GEN?

*EDIT: Found it, a little bit more yellow but I think it can only be seen under the a macro shot. Or may be batches different?

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/7688665-ppf-vs-gen-white-dial-bonus-new-dw
VQO240.jpg

VQOeBs.jpg

VQO240.jpg

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Just for comparison Mk v5 was 125gr with all links

RenirambuS

Horology Curious
23/7/12
Eu
I found the Nautilus really light weight but that was just me because my daily watch is really heavy. But after wear it for so long you don t notice that anymore.
Sometimes i m in my car and i have to look If i wear my watch Yes or No.

VoYfzr.md.jpg

VoYPfF.md.jpg

Zingari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/19
Interesting comparion and as someone new I'm learning a lot!

Can I ask on the pics of the GEN, the 47' dot marker is way off-line! Surely QC at PP wouldn't have let this pass? If so we're getting a better deal.

Drthomk

Horology Curious
8/9/18
Interesting comparion and as someone new I'm learning a lot!

Can I ask on the pics of the GEN, the 47' dot marker is way off-line! Surely QC at PP wouldn't have let this pass? If so we're getting a better deal.

That makes me question this whole comparison. If the maker claims to have purchased a gen and that is the dial, I call bullshit. Patek would never make or sell that.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Wow that makes me wonder!!!!! But the dial does look gen, all lines and angles on markers look straight and crisp.
is it possible they were able to buy Nautilus that didn’t pass QC.
Those little mistakes add value to gen high end watches.

Reactions: drhokie