• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
That's not very nice of them, how long have you had the watch for? I suspect it's recent and therefore they should treat this as a defect and offer to help, not try to sell you a new bracelet.

Now remember that they are not a TD here, there's reasons for that...

Thanks for being empathetic, nice to hear someone on my side :) I have had it for like 2 weeks? Something like that. I am currently trying to source the bearing, but if not I will probably just dap some super glue to mimic it so it can close, cause it's missing it from both sides so can't close the oyster clasp. If I can't find where to source the bearing though will probably have to end up sourcing another bracelet and supergluing that one to make sure they don't pop out.

And yea, I was new to this whole thing and didn't know about this forum and was using reddit only. They recommended Trusty so I thought sure. Now I know I should probably go through another TD for my stuff. Which would you recommend personally for future purchases?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for being empathetic, nice to hear someone on my side :) I have had it for like 2 weeks? Something like that. I am currently trying to source the bearing, but if not I will probably just dap some super glue to mimic it so it can close, cause it's missing it from both sides so can't close the oyster clasp. If I can't find where to source the bearing though will probably have to end up sourcing another bracelet and supergluing that one to make sure they don't pop out.

And yea, I was new to this whole thing and didn't know about this forum and was using reddit only. They recommended Trusty so I thought sure. Now I know I should probably go through another TD for my stuff. Which would you recommend personally for future purchases?

We all make mistakes mate ;) If I were you I would check on Trusty's "warranty" (notice the double quotes ;) ) clauses and if they mention anything that you can use then insist that this is a defect. Now in their defense, I don't think they can source the balls - too small - and I doubt the factory would give them a free bracelet. BUT they should be able to source only the link that has the ball bearings for you to replace. That's a cheap and convenient solution. Worst comes to worst they should sell you a new bracelet at a discount.

To your question, I personally like Ryan from Intime a lot. But all TDs here are good and trustworthy, hence the T in TD ;)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
dncnexus , I checked their website and here's what they mention: "**TRUSTY TIME ONLY OFFER 6 MONTHS WARRANTY ON ALL WATCHES (MOVEMENT ONLY). PARTS like STRAPS, CROWN, GLASS, BRACELETS are NOT COVERED under the 6 months warranty"

Looks like your clasp is not covered. But they can still try to help with sourcing a link only. Worth trying.

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
dncnexus , I checked their website and here's what they mention: "**TRUSTY TIME ONLY OFFER 6 MONTHS WARRANTY ON ALL WATCHES (MOVEMENT ONLY). PARTS like STRAPS, CROWN, GLASS, BRACELETS are NOT COVERED under the 6 months warranty"

Looks like your clasp is not covered. But they can still try to help with sourcing a link only. Worth trying.

Thanks! I will reach out again to see if they are willing to source the link only. I asked before and they said to get the whole thing but I will see if they can do me a solid.

Reactions: Tobel

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks! I will reach out again to see if they are willing to source the link only. I asked before and they said to get the whole thing but I will see if they can do me a solid.

If you look back further on this thread, one member was able to get just the link with the ceramic bearing from Puretime. But that was under warranty, Puretime might be able to sell you one though.

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
If you look back further on this thread, one member was able to get just the link with the ceramic bearing from Puretime. But that was under warranty, Puretime might be able to sell you one though.

Yea I will try and reach out to them, maybe they will take pity on me :)

Timephanatic

Known Member
10/10/18
Asia
My watchsmith did something on the lost BB hole. Im attaching photos. I think he said he used. Very small screw and placed it in the hole the BB left. Do it doesnt move like the ceramic (its fixed) but the clasp stays pretty solid while in locked position.

1 photo with BB and another with DIY
0205be093aa6ba3907df83d99eaf5d0f.jpg
b2772c2706c018740d90a536f8ed1478.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Glaude and gilrob

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
I ended up using super glue and mimicing a ceramic bearing. Not as good as actually having something but it keeps it shut which is good enough for now for me. Will end up getting a new bracelet eventually.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Hey, any update on this issue? Are the new ones still exhibiting the problem?

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
after opening and closing my ppf in paranoiamode for a few weeks, i think they fixed it.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
after opening and closing my ppf in paranoiamode for a few weeks, i think they fixed it.

Mine fell off today. Bought it new in mid-July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ablabla

6/7/16
EU
I'm about to receive my white PPF this week.

Any advice to secure these ceramic bearings ?