• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Glaude My biggest issue here is not with PT and my apologies if it came off that way, but with the fact that PPF will not give up the pin, or even a new clasp. The only option here is to buy a new bracelet. It’s not worth spending $138 or so when being supplied a pin would make the difference. Same thing with those effected by the bearing issue.

Indeed, but we can't do anything about it unfortunately, it's a shame but this will have to be sorted by people directly.
It's a bad move from PPF and certainly not a good way to start in the business (well, they don't care, but we do)

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Indeed, but we can't do anything about it unfortunately, it's a shame but this will have to be sorted by people directly.
It's a bad move from PPF and certainly not a good way to start in the business (well, they don't care, but we do)

This is when I miss the days of Angus (@puretime) being active on this forum and passing on these kind of matters to the factories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mottykytu

4/6/13
This is when I miss the days of Angus (@puretime) being active on this forum and passing on these kind of matters to the factories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Do not think he can do anything in this situaion, ppf probabally know but do not want to fix now

nucorno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/17

Happy to report that PT was able to get the piece from PPF for me. Just got an email.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Happy to report that PT was able to get the piece from PPF for me. Just got an email.

Oh that's great, what piece exactly ? The pin, the clasp, a link, the ceramic ball ?

PAMaholic

Renowned Member
22/6/09
My TD (Ryan / intime) informed me that moment that PPF factory stopped providing spareparts until the end of june. He said he is really sorry and we should be patient...

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

Audermars

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/9/15
What a bummer, I lost the ceramic bearing on this piece too, otherwise it's a great looking rep

Faj

10/3/19
Some improvements or solutions yet?

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Loads of issues with the PPF bracelet! Well, issues with the clasp to be precise. I lost a 'rivet' off the side of the clasp. I know of another member who had exactly the same thing happen to him (this happened within days of receiving the watch for both of us, without either of us banging the watch etc). Then there's all the issues on here with either the rivet falling off or the ceramic ball bearing doing a runner. PPF certainly have an issue here. Luckily it's an easy fix for someone with the correct rivety thing. I'm sure it has a proper name, but I don't know what it is. All I know if I worship at the temple of Rolie.

I have a PPF on order. If it fails for any reason, I plan on harvesting the dial and DWO for my PF. No, I dont care about the .5mm thickness vs PF.

Reactions: gilrob and Faj

Timephanatic

Known Member
10/10/18
Asia
I was resding this thread holding a bnew PPF5711 yesterday. All with both bearings intact. Today, i had it adjusted and immediately lost 1 bearing. Just informing The group.

Reactions: Faj and tmp2018

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
horror stories... :/ but my plan is to wait until they (might) fall out and then glue them

btw: my ppf is 9mm thick, maybe 8,9999999 mm but nowhere near 8,5. i dont know who should be blamed, ppf or tds, overall i dont care that much, but everybody should keep that in mind before thinking about a maybe useless upgrade...especially when your pf or xyzf has a nice bezel, crown, dial, dw and reliable clasp.. ;)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
horror stories... :/ but my plan is to wait until they (might) fall out and then glue them

btw: my ppf is 9mm thick, maybe 8,9999999 mm but nowhere near 8,5. i dont know who should be blamed, ppf or tds, overall i dont care that much, but everybody should keep that in mind before thinking about a maybe useless upgrade...especially when your pf or xyzf has a nice bezel, crown, dial, dw and reliable clasp.. ;)

Why don't you glue them from the outside preemptively? That's what I did and so far so good. The risk if you don't is that you lose the balls. You will probably not notice it on the spot. My 2 cents ;)

Reactions: tmp2018

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
Does anybody know where I can buy these ceramic bearings outside of the TD? I have reached out to TrustyTime and they said I have to buy a whole new bracelet and won't let me get just the clasp link. I was wondering if I could find my own ceramic bearings and just superglue them back in. I would love to avoid purchasing a new bracelet haha.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Does anybody know where I can buy these ceramic bearings outside of the TD? I have reached out to TrustyTime and they said I have to buy a whole new bracelet and won't let me get just the clasp link. I was wondering if I could find my own ceramic bearings and just superglue them back in. I would love to avoid purchasing a new bracelet haha.

That's not very nice of them, how long have you had the watch for? I suspect it's recent and therefore they should treat this as a defect and offer to help, not try to sell you a new bracelet.

Now remember that they are not a TD here, there's reasons for that...