• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

MaxiMaxi

Known Member
30/5/17

Factory is now refusing to replace the link only according to PureTime & Intime. TD wants $158 for a bracelet plus shipping costs. This is bull....we should not have to pay for an entire new bracelet with QC issues. We will likley pay $200 and then it breaks again in 5 minutes...What to do guys???

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Factory is now refusing to replace the link only according to PureTime & Intime. TD wants $158 for a bracelet plus shipping costs. This is bull....we should not have to pay for an entire new bracelet with QC issues. We will likley pay $200 and then it breaks again in 5 minutes...What to do guys???

That's unfortunate that PPF will not replace the defective link. Are the TDs/PPF still willing to repair it at their cost as one member was offered? The least PPF could do is replace the missing ceramic piece that some of members lost through no fault of their own.

I have the MKF 5711 and have no problem with it's ceramic bearing. Replacing the bracelet with one from MKF or PF would be just as costly and might not fit. Finding a ceramic piece that fits and securing it properly is the most economical solution.
Maybe a Rolex PIP might work.:D

Last edited:

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
That sucks! Scummy move by PPF. There must be a way to find fitting ceramic balls online though, I think you should search for that. Maybe ask a local watchmaker, there are probably other watches that uses the same kind of part.

edit: after a bit of google searching it looks to me like it should be an easy find, I'm not sure of the diameter but I assume it must be standard.

Last edited:

MaxiMaxi

Known Member
30/5/17
That sucks! Scummy move by PPF. There must be a way to find fitting ceramic balls online though, I think you should search for that. Maybe ask a local watchmaker, there are probably other watches that uses the same kind of part.

edit: after a bit of google searching it looks to me like it should be an easy find, I'm not sure of the diameter but I assume it must be standard.

Yeah it would be easiest to just get a new link rather than trying to replace the ceramic ball myself. I dont feel confident I can do that. My local watchmaker said he cant get the part. PureTime has not been very accomondating, I honestly do not think I will do business with them again. They over charged me by $45 (by accident they claim) and then I asked them to refund it and they said they cant do that but they would offer me a $25 gift card on my next purchase....Then this happens with the QC after spending $600....BULLLLLL SHHHHH

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yeah it would be easiest to just get a new link rather than trying to replace the ceramic ball myself. I dont feel confident I can do that. My local watchmaker said he cant get the part. PureTime has not been very accomondating, I honestly do not think I will do business with them again. They over charged me by $45 (by accident they claim) and then I asked them to refund it and they said they cant do that but they would offer me a $25 gift card on my next purchase....Then this happens with the QC after spending $600....BULLLLLL SHHHHH

You may want to create a ticket with the help desk here. That's why we have a TD system, so that there is a way to sort out issues if they happen, thanks to our mods

Reactions: Nivka and gilrob

MaxiMaxi

Known Member
30/5/17
You may want to create a ticket with the help desk here. That's why we have a TD system, so that there is a way to sort out issues if they happen, thanks to our mods

I will do that thanks

nucorno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/17

Slightly related, I received my 5711 last week, and one of the pins holding the clasp on the bracelet popped off. According to my TD, PureTime, I have to send it back as they will not get the part from the PPF.

Reactions: Jefmanc

PAMaholic

Renowned Member
22/6/09
Guys, another downside...
My TD informed me that PPF Factory isnt willing to sell the ceramic balls or whole clasp as spareparts. I am now checking with intime (TD) if they are willing to sell a whole bracelet...????

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

mottykytu

4/6/13
My TD informed me that PPF Factory isnt willing to sell the ceramic balls or whole clasp as spareparts. I am now checking with intime (TD) if they are willing to sell a whole bracelet...????

a bad move from ppf. Shame that I just order from TD this watch right before knowing this Issue !

The only way now may be buying a new bracelet from them which will cost abt 130$ usd (1/4 tthe new watch). And even if you choose to do that, please wait before the next bracelet batch come to fix that problem !!!

I do not really know about this Issue, is it so hard to live with? that you can wear the watch probably or the claps keep fall out?? Can you guy please inform me... May I know when did you guys ordered it?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The only way now may be buying a new bracelet from them which will cost abt 130$ usd (1/4 tthe new watch). And even if you choose to do that, please wait before the next bracelet batch come to fix that problem !!!

This is indeed a good point, purchasing another bracelet will perhaps not solve the problem, even though, this issue doesn't seem to be global, other people from early batch, didn't have that issue.

GingerBubba any issue with the bracelet ?

I may be pessimistic but I don't think we'll ever see another product from PPF, this was most likely a one-shot deal, they worked hard on this product and only this one, they capitalised as much as possible on their parts (all bracelets even for the grey dial). I may be wrong, of course, but the way they handle part request make me think that way

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
This is indeed a good point, purchasing another bracelet will perhaps not solve the problem, even though, this issue doesn't seem to be global, other people from early batch, didn't have that issue.

I may be pessimistic but I don't think we'll ever see another product from PPF, this was most likely a one-shot deal, they worked hard on this product and only this one, they capitalised as much as possible on their parts (all bracelets even for the grey dial). I may be wrong, of course, but the way they handle part request make me think that way

Loads of issues with the PPF bracelet! Well, issues with the clasp to be precise. I lost a 'rivet' off the side of the clasp. I know of another member who had exactly the same thing happen to him (this happened within days of receiving the watch for both of us, without either of us banging the watch etc). Then there's all the issues on here with either the rivet falling off or the ceramic ball bearing doing a runner. PPF certainly have an issue here. Luckily it's an easy fix for someone with the correct rivety thing. I'm sure it has a proper name, but I don't know what it is. All I know if I worship at the temple of Rolie.

Reactions: Glaude

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Please let us know what Ryan (InTime) says. Thanks.

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17

Puretime can sell the bracelet for $148 + Shipping , Mine lost the ceramic ball as well but the clasp is still holding in place so i can live with that.
For those who want nothing but perfection and want to have ceramic ball as it should,
1. Sent it back for repair might have better solve in long run bc the factory should use any glue or *&%# to fix it.
2. If you want to buy new bracelet, I agreed with @mottykytu to just wait for new "fixed" bracelet issue before loose another $148 and it pop off again.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
For those that decide to send their watch back to China for the repair of the bracelet, just send the bracelet and keep the watch. This would minimize the loss in the event of a customs seizure.

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
For those that decide to send their watch back to China for the repair of the bracelet, just send the bracelet and keep the watch. This would minimize the loss in the event of a customs seizure.

+1

mottykytu

4/6/13

You mean there will most likely not have the Version 2? And we have to catch it or miss it now? I also think this 70% will happen !

Btw, hey, this is the first ever REP from PPF Factory? mean they never introduce any before? wow that mean they did a good job on the design (obviously not the QC)

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13

+2,
The journey of back to China and then back to my country seem HURT !
by the ways is it easy to take of the bracelet without damaging the head-case? since I heard the Patek Bracelet is quite hard to be taken off !

Last edited:

Kekee90

Horology Curious
21/4/19
The pff is my first rep. The design is really good, the ball and clasp broke. I was lucky i saw it on time otherwise i would have lost the clasp. If i find a screw that fits i can put it back on. Im so pissed off, the cost 500bucks! This shouldnt happen!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

frosterosen

10/7/17
The same issue here with PPF..lost 1 of the ceramic ball..contacting Ryan Intime whether can send back the bracelet to China for repair..

VPcN6h.jpg

watch_man

Known Member
7/1/11
Loads of issues with the PPF bracelet! Well, issues with the clasp to be precise. I lost a 'rivet' off the side of the clasp. I know of another member who had exactly the same thing happen to him (this happened within days of receiving the watch for both of us, without either of us banging the watch etc). Then there's all the issues on here with either the rivet falling off or the ceramic ball bearing doing a runner. PPF certainly have an issue here. Luckily it's an easy fix for someone with the correct rivety thing. I'm sure it has a proper name, but I don't know what it is. All I know if I worship at the temple of Rolie.

Yes, this is really a bad quality issue from ppf...the rivet came off of my watch on day one I received it...
the question is, what shall we buy to fix it? Does anyone have an idea how to repair it?
A google search said, that such small rivets <1mm are not available... anybody know the exact diameter necessary?