• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

PAMaholic

Renowned Member
22/6/09
Hi Guys, as titled, lost one of the ceramic bearings which keep the clasp fixed. Now it will keep in plaxe anyways, but nit as giod as it should... Sad, love the watch... Any DIY fix or mod available? Tried the search function but wasnt lucky...

Thx in advance.
c0cc1a4401e9a67547deeb403919bb51.jpg
6c92f843023439ea9762929ad3d3c83b.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

mottykytu

4/6/13
Hi Guys, as titled, lost one of the ceramic bearings which keep the clasp fixed. Now it will keep in plaxe anyways, but nit as giod as it should... Sad, love the watch... Any DIY fix or mod available? Tried the search function but wasnt lucky...

Thx in advance.
c0cc1a4401e9a67547deeb403919bb51.jpg
6c92f843023439ea9762929ad3d3c83b.jpg

Can you please tell me in which situation you lost is? Is it a Flaw or because of your mistake? so that we can learn a lesson from it. Thank alot !

PAMaholic

Renowned Member
22/6/09
I have no clue how it got lost. I think it got lost during opening the clasp...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hmm, I had a quick look on Aliexpress, and there are some ceramic balls available in various sizes, but I don't think you'll be able to find one this small

You could try to "make" one out of a hobbyist resin material just for the look or mix some white powder of any snort ... hmm I mean, sort ... ;) with some hot glue or other sort of glue.

You just need to make a tiny ball and secure it with cyanoacrylate glue inside it

Reactions: Danii

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10

Thx in advance.

This is an issue you should pick up with your TD - any decent TD should resolve this so that you are happy.

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
I’ve seen another friend having the same issue. This is just poor quality. Everyone with this watch please be ultra careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I got the exact same issue with a ceramic ball, plus I lost a pin that holds the smaller clasp (the one with the PP logo that comes on top). My TD is sourcing me a new link with the ceramic balls as well as a couple of these metallic pins. Hopefully your TD should be able to do the same

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13
Wow, I just ordered it, please tell me the QC of PPF is not that bad
So many people have the same problem here

PAMaholic

Renowned Member
22/6/09
Thanks guys for your replies so far. It seems there is a general quality issue that should be adressed to the Factory by our TDs. I contacted my TD (also TD here on RWI) for the issue and asked for a replacement. Just waiting for his reply. That issue is a real bummer because otherwise i love this watch. Very nicely done, well assembled overall a very good appearance, screams quality (besides the clasp)... :)

Kekee90

Horology Curious
21/4/19
b763d069e006b22e17aa1e9616c17b44.jpg

Mine broke aswel after 1 one day of wearing the watch. What a bunmer! Im in love with this watch. OP let us know what the response is. Thanks in advance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

MaxiMaxi

Known Member
30/5/17
HEY GUYS, UNFORTUNATELY I just received my watch and after 1 hour of wearing it this happened as well! I am really upset because as others stated, the watch is absolutely beautiful. Quality of movement looks unbelievable, finish but this needs to be resolved.

If the other ball bearing falls out, will the clasp still be able to close?

I wrote an email to Puretime so I am hoping they can come up with a solution for me.

Any feedback is apprecaiated THANKS

bobfrivor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/5/19
I have a PPF 5711 on the way. Ay ideas on what could be done to prevent the issue? Maybe a couple of pings around the retaining ring to ensure it stays put?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I have a PPF 5711 on the way. Ay ideas on what could be done to prevent the issue? Maybe a couple of pings around the retaining ring to ensure it stays put?

Super glue or epoxy should do the trick, a very very very small amount of one of those should be invisible and insure proper adhesion of the ceramic ball (epoxy will stick, but perhaps a little googling for super glue and ceramic is in order to see if it'll stick to it).
Putting it around the base of the ball like you would do a bathroom joint

No tested though, just a random "before going to bed" idea :lol:

Reactions: csthe

PAMaholic

Renowned Member
22/6/09
Hi friends,

i already got a response from my TD. He said he will source me replacement creamic ballbearings. I accepted and in addition asked him to source me a complete clasp on my own costs. Just to make sure i have necessary replacement parts when needed.

Reactions: csthe

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
As Glaude mentioned is it possible to remove the call bearing and add expoxy to it and reseal it? It will solve the issue as expoxy is very very tough .