Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPF Nautilus - lost bracelet clasp ceramic bearing - any diy fix?

Hi Guys, as titled, lost one of the ceramic bearings which keep the clasp fixed. Now it will keep in plaxe anyways, but nit as giod as it should... Sad, love the watch... Any DIY fix or mod available? Tried the search function but wasnt lucky...

Thx in advance.

Gesendet von meinem MI 9 mit Tapatalk

You can tell your TD what happened, maybe he/she can source you one.

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post
      You can tell your TD what happened, maybe he/she can source you one.
      Already did, parallel whilst opening this thread. Waiting for his response.

Comment

Originally posted by PAMaholic View Post
        Hi Guys, as titled, lost one of the ceramic bearings which keep the clasp fixed. Now it will keep in plaxe anyways, but nit as giod as it should... Sad, love the watch... Any DIY fix or mod available? Tried the search function but wasnt lucky...

Thx in advance.

Can you please tell me in which situation you lost is? Is it a Flaw or because of your mistake? so that we can learn a lesson from it. Thank alot !

Comment

I have no clue how it got lost. I think it got lost during opening the clasp...

Comment

Hmm, I had a quick look on Aliexpress, and there are some ceramic balls available in various sizes, but I don't think you'll be able to find one this small

You could try to "make" one out of a hobbyist resin material just for the look or mix some white powder of any snort ... hmm I mean, sort ... with some hot glue or other sort of glue.

You just need to make a tiny ball and secure it with cyanoacrylate glue inside it

Comment

Originally posted by PAMaholic View Post

Thx in advance.
              This is an issue you should pick up with your TD - any decent TD should resolve this so that you are happy.

Comment

I’ve seen another friend having the same issue. This is just poor quality. Everyone with this watch please be ultra careful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same problem with my PPF

Comment

Comment

I got the exact same issue with a ceramic ball, plus I lost a pin that holds the smaller clasp (the one with the PP logo that comes on top). My TD is sourcing me a new link with the ceramic balls as well as a couple of these metallic pins. Hopefully your TD should be able to do the same
                      Last edited by Tobel; 07-05-19, 00:44.

Comment

Wow, I just ordered it, please tell me the QC of PPF is not that bad
                        So many people have the same problem here

Comment

Thanks guys for your replies so far. It seems there is a general quality issue that should be adressed to the Factory by our TDs. I contacted my TD (also TD here on RWI) for the issue and asked for a replacement. Just waiting for his reply. That issue is a real bummer because otherwise i love this watch. Very nicely done, well assembled overall a very good appearance, screams quality (besides the clasp)... :-)

Comment

Mine broke aswel after 1 one day of wearing the watch. What a bunmer! Im in love with this watch. OP let us know what the response is. Thanks in advance.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Comment

HEY GUYS, UNFORTUNATELY I just received my watch and after 1 hour of wearing it this happened as well! I am really upset because as others stated, the watch is absolutely beautiful. Quality of movement looks unbelievable, finish but this needs to be resolved.

If the other ball bearing falls out, will the clasp still be able to close?

I wrote an email to Puretime so I am hoping they can come up with a solution for me.

Any feedback is apprecaiated THANKS

Comment

Working...
                              X