• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sacre Bleu! Blue Nautilus PPF vs PF comparison

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Took some pics, they are relatively self-explanatory. I much prefer the PPF dial over the brilliant PF blue, but it leaves a bit to be desired. Not sure if it's slightly purplish in low light, but it kinda looks that way. Overall though, the purple doesn't show up when looking in most lights, however the camera seems to capture it, very odd.

The printing is pretty sloppy on macro, but looks fine for normal viewing.

VeErpQ.jpg

VeE7WL.jpg

VeKVRX.jpg

VeKurp.jpg

VeEA7f.jpg

VeE4oA.jpg

VeEXmT.jpg

VeELRe.jpg

VeEj7K.jpg

​​​​​​​

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
Great!
I would like if you or someone that own the blue PPF can do some videos (outdoor, indoor etc) :D to see the real effect of the watch

Especially near a PF

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
Thank for comparison..
Better marker on PPF should be the deal breaker, DW is pretty acceptable.
Color is depends on one's taste...

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Really like the PF also , is that one with the datewheel mod?

Pope

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Thanks for the interesting comparison, PPF did a great job, it's a shame about the crown though.

Chaosg

26/3/18
Thank you for the comparison! :cool:

is it my impression or the crown on PPF seems a bit better already?

Also, the difference on bezel is not that evident for those two side by side.

I also liked the PPF's dial better than PF's. Better placement of indexes, acceptable DW, lume ok. We have to keep in mind that we are comparing two different batches that would have , anyway, a difference in colour for gens. My guess is that none of these is close to gen, though. It's a good choice nonetheless.

best

Reactions: BlackJaguar

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Great pics OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
I prefer the markers on the PPF Dial they have a more ‘expensive’ look about them. Both dial colours are nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pope

15/2/19
It's probably the only major fault of the watch. The bezel isn't really a big deal to me. The DWO looks good IMO
I have no problem with the bezel either, actually I am wondering (like another heretic on this forum) if the PPF bezel ins't superior to the Patek Philippe one. If the crown was better I would have ordered it already (but I may end up doing just that anyway).

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
PPF superior to the genuine? I suppose it’s all speculative and subjective but the goal in replication of these watches by Chinese factories is accuracy. The PPF falls short in bezel proportion, crown size, datewheel font size, the blue dial is very far off, the jewels are too red and 4 members have reported the ceramic bearing on clasp popped off - so there’s quality issues. A couple members have reported the bracelet feels flimsy or cheap compared to PF.

The PF on the other hand is extremely accurate to gen proportions in bezel and case. Early on some complained the bracelet was stiff and wouldn’t fit small wrists - and most found it bent or stretched with some wear and could be easily modded. Some complained the lume was too green or the rotor made noise, then others mentioned the gen had similar lume color in light and the rotor is known to be loud on gen, and nothing a drop of oil can’t fix. The dial color is a bit off to be certain and the date font is as well but a new date wheel is available and with that mod, the PF is a very nice rep.

Akra

11/1/17
PPF superior to the genuine? I suppose it’s all speculative and subjective but the goal in replication of these watches by Chinese factories is accuracy. The PPF falls short in bezel proportion, crown size, datewheel font size, the blue dial is very far off, the jewels are too red and 4 members have reported the ceramic bearing on clasp popped off - so there’s quality issues. A couple members have reported the bracelet feels flimsy or cheap compared to PF.

The PF on the other hand is extremely accurate to gen proportions in bezel and case. Early on some complained the bracelet was stiff and wouldn’t fit small wrists - and most found it bent or stretched with some wear and could be easily modded. Some complained the lume was too green or the rotor made noise, then others mentioned the gen had similar lume color in light and the rotor is known to be loud on gen, and nothing a drop of oil can’t fix. The dial color is a bit off to be certain and the date font is as well but a new date wheel is available and with that mod, the PF is a very nice rep.

I can only assume Pope made a typo by saying its superior to the gen PP lol.
But the only thing the PF has got over the PPF is the case & crown. That's it.

PPF's blue dial color is better, nowhere near perfect though
PPF's datewheel is better - I highly doubt anybody can spot the difference with gen.
PPF's lume is better

Both movements are miles off so the jewel color is irrelevant.
Can't comment on the bracelet differences, but I do agree the ceramic bearing QC is unacceptable. But then again; both factories seem to have issues with marker alignment aswell so QC isn't what its supposed to be on both sides.

Both are nice reps, is the PPF worth the upgrade? Totally up to yourself.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
The 2018 Nautilus dial is grey not deep blue or purple so the PPF is not even close. The PF is a pre-2018 5711 and not supposed to be the same dial color as the 2018 so there’s no comparison.

I agree with you on other points. The PF is no NWBIG as well. ;-)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The 2018 Nautilus dial is grey not deep blue or purple so the PPF is not even close. The PF is a pre-2018 5711 and not supposed to be the same dial color as the 2018 so there’s no comparison.

I agree with you on other points. The PF is no NWBIG as well. ;-)

That's the other way around, the boxed dial 2018 blue is more blue than the previous that were leaning to the grey.
I find the PPF to be very close in terms of colors, so does the MKF and last batches of PF weren't bad either

But this has been said and proven countless time in here

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Glaude You may be right but in my tireless research I’ve seen more grey in the 2018s. I just did 3 random Instagram scene shots and take a look how close the one pic is to the MKF!

VxhegX.jpg

Vxh0Vf.jpg

VxhxIp.jpg

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Well the funny thing is that of the lot, the only one tool in "studio" or "un-natural" lighting conditions, appears to be grey

We could go on and on about that color issue, in the end, they are all close enough to me