• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sacre Bleu! Blue Nautilus PPF vs PF comparison

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
I don't understand what you want to prove that haven't been proved or said before regarding the color and by the way, factories don't care about those threads we make, otherwise we would have way more perfect rep with all the nitpicking that is done

Thank you , Glaude, not intending to make you waste your time.

My sole intention is to provide information - I think that the information available is yet to be improved.

It's up to the readers to decide if that additional info has any value or not. I just don't want to think we are just putting this much time on a $500 stuff.

Nevertheless, factories really could or not improve their products - it's my belief that factories that stay behind lose sales.

cheers mon ami

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
There’s no current rep that has that much grey in it. That is THE complaint. That’s why a deep blue or purple dial won’t work or an electric blue won’t work either for perfectionists.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Thank you , Glaude, not intending to make you waste your time.

No time wasted here, no worries ;)

Nevertheless, factories really could or not improve their products - it's my belief that factories that stay behind lose sales.

We are a drop in the ocean of their sales unfortunately

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
We are a drop in the ocean of their sales unfortunately

I believe that is changing due to the growing domestic Chinese market. This emerging class have more money and want to spend it on higher quality rep pieces and name brands other than Rolex. This is evident by the more numerous videos that were made available during the PPF introduction, compared to previous rep introductions of rep PP 5711s. So, as a whole, we nitpicky customers are growing in numbers.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I believe that is changing due to the growing domestic Chinese market. This emerging class have more money and want to spend it on higher quality rep pieces and name brands other than Rolex. This is evident by the more numerous videos that were made available during the PPF introduction, compared to previous rep introductions of rep PP 5711s. So, as a whole, we nitpicky customers are growing in numbers.

Could be, could be, but I was more referring as an international forum, if the domestic market is increasing, we still won't represent a lot.
I don't say that what we write aren't seen or understood by makers, but it's not because they are aware of it, that they are willing to put the extra work in to correct those defect.

And that's without even talking about how factories work with independent parts maker etc...

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Great threads @Karlus.

Good find on Rolex forum. There's greenish, greyish and blues in there!

Reactions: Glaude

Bobes17a

27/7/19
One of my TDs said that the PF and PPF are the same, the PPF is just the new gen PF. There’s a language barrier here to be fair. Is the PPF out of the same factory as PF, or different? Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a stupid question. I clearly see the difference here...

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
One of my TDs said that the PF and PPF are the same, the PPF is just the new gen PF. There’s a language barrier here to be fair. Is the PPF out of the same factory as PF, or different? Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a stupid question. I clearly see the difference here...

One of your TD? Which one?

PF and PPF are clearly different. The whole watches are different, dials, case, bracelet, datewheels, bezels, crystals.

Bobes17a

27/7/19
I agree. However I’ve spent a lot of time in china and have noticed there are slight differences in names—B factory there is what we call Noob here, AR is what we call ARF. And I misspoke on TD because he’s trusted to me but not the forum.

I’ll post pics, and hopefully we can confirm or deny this. I admit I’ve only been in this a couple years so don’t have the level of expertise many do here, and appreciate the help. This forum has been a godsend.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
PF and PPF are unlikely to be one and the same. They spell and pronounce their names differently, plus they’re different factories with different employees and equipment.

Bobes17a

27/7/19
Then that answers that. Thanks for the replies. Going by the photos can we confirm this is in fact PF and not PPF? I’m not as so great at picking apart the differences as some that have done this longer, was hoping someone may be able to chime in to confirm or deny. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Tobel

6/7/17
Then that answers that. Thanks for the replies. Going by the photos can we confirm this is in fact PF and not PPF? I’m not as so great at picking apart the differences as somethat have done this longer, was hoping someone may be able to chime in to confirm or deny. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

It is a PF Indeed, certainly not a ppf. Quite a few easy tells such as the dial without the boxed Patek Philippe logo, so pre 2019 model, the blue is the PF one, the markers extend beyond the shape drawn by the white dots, good bezel. Etc...

Last edited:

Bobes17a

27/7/19
Thank you sir, that’s what I needed to hear. You guys really know your stuff. Again, I appreciate it.

Cheers