Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Sacre Bleu! Blue Nautilus PPF vs PF comparison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacre Bleu! Blue Nautilus PPF vs PF comparison

Took some pics, they are relatively self-explanatory. I much prefer the PPF dial over the brilliant PF blue, but it leaves a bit to be desired. Not sure if it's slightly purplish in low light, but it kinda looks that way. Overall though, the purple doesn't show up when looking in most lights, however the camera seems to capture it, very odd.

The printing is pretty sloppy on macro, but looks fine for normal viewing.

​​​​​​​

It does look better indeed. Thanks
    My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

Great!
      I would like if you or someone that own the blue PPF can do some videos (outdoor, indoor etc) to see the real effect of the watch

Especially near a PF

Comment

Thank for comparison..
        Better marker on PPF should be the deal breaker, DW is pretty acceptable.
        Color is depends on one's taste...

Comment

Surprised to say that I like the PPF dial more

Comment

Really like the PF also , is that one with the datewheel mod?

Comment

Thanks for the interesting comparison, PPF did a great job, it's a shame about the crown though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                Thanks for the interesting comparison, PPF did a great job, it's a shame about the crown though.
                It's probably the only major fault of the watch. The bezel isn't really a big deal to me. The DWO looks good IMO

Comment

Thank you for the comparison!

is it my impression or the crown on PPF seems a bit better already?

Also, the difference on bezel is not that evident for those two side by side.

I also liked the PPF's dial better than PF's. Better placement of indexes, acceptable DW, lume ok. We have to keep in mind that we are comparing two different batches that would have , anyway, a difference in colour for gens. My guess is that none of these is close to gen, though. It's a good choice nonetheless.

best

Comment

I can confirm that there is no purple in the dial at all light condition..

Comment

Nice, both look great imo

Comment

Great pics OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer the markers on the PPF Dial they have a more ‘expensive’ look about them. Both dial colours are nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by majwilliams0308 View Post
                            It's probably the only major fault of the watch. The bezel isn't really a big deal to me. The DWO looks good IMO
                            I have no problem with the bezel either, actually I am wondering (like another heretic on this forum) if the PPF bezel ins't superior to the Patek Philippe one. If the crown was better I would have ordered it already (but I may end up doing just that anyway).

Comment

PPF superior to the genuine? I suppose it’s all speculative and subjective but the goal in replication of these watches by Chinese factories is accuracy. The PPF falls short in bezel proportion, crown size, datewheel font size, the blue dial is very far off, the jewels are too red and 4 members have reported the ceramic bearing on clasp popped off - so there’s quality issues. A couple members have reported the bracelet feels flimsy or cheap compared to PF.

The PF on the other hand is extremely accurate to gen proportions in bezel and case. Early on some complained the bracelet was stiff and wouldn’t fit small wrists - and most found it bent or stretched with some wear and could be easily modded. Some complained the lume was too green or the rotor made noise, then others mentioned the gen had similar lume color in light and the rotor is known to be loud on gen, and nothing a drop of oil can’t fix. The dial color is a bit off to be certain and the date font is as well but a new date wheel is available and with that mod, the PF is a very nice rep.

Comment

Working...
                              X