• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 Blue X PPF 5711 White - a Humble Comparison

enzonigro

Looking Around
24/7/19
was this purchased from intime or puretime. Apologies in advance if this question has already been posted and answered.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Does anyone know which factory this white 5711 replica was purchased from?

PPF

any trusted dealer can source this watch. Now go read the thread instead of just enjoying the beautiful pictures ;)

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Already have PF blue. Though the white dial is beauty, that crown and bezel is too obvious for me. Hope they fix on next update.

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12
What’s wrong with the bezel? I’ve never noticed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kmmas

7/4/15
Do we have a comparison somewhere between the PPF blue dial vs gen? Just the dials? Wanted to see if there was a major colour difference and going with the white is a better option if you want to stay as close to the gen as possible

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Do we have a comparison somewhere between the PPF blue dial vs gen? Just the dials? Wanted to see if there was a major colour difference and going with the white is a better option if you want to stay as close to the gen as possible

There are some comparisons between the gen and PPF blue dials, you'll just have to search for them. However to save you time, the white PPF dial is considered the best dial color match to the gen, blue or white.

Reactions: Kmmas

Kmmas

7/4/15
There are some comparisons between the gen and PPF blue dials, you'll just have to search for them. However to save you time, the white PPF dial is considered the best dial color match to the gen, blue or white.

Thanks. When was the PPF v1 white dial released? Are we expecting a V2 white anytime soon?

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks. When was the PPF v1 white dial released? Are we expecting a V2 white anytime soon?

Check the TD websites for the release date of the PPF v1 white dial, its usually given on their captions. No there won't be a v2 white dial, it is that good, they didn't have to improve it. The blue needed improvement, so it is a v2.

Reactions: Kmmas

Kmmas

7/4/15
Yes but generally the thicker bezel and the protruding crown can be improved, probably if they do decide to launch a newer version. Then it would be a super rep.

Check the TD websites for the release date of the PPF v1 white dial, its usually given on their captions. No there won't be a v2 white dial, it is that good, they didn't have to improve it. The blue needed improvement, so it is a v2.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

This review was chaos hehe

Thanks mate. Can only envy you for having a gen Nautilus. The question I would like to ask is how you feel when wearing the gen vs wearing the rep. Do you feel any different. I mean its like 95% close to the gen. Small details are different. So how do you feel when you wear them. Do you think about it being a gen or rep you are wearing.

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
This review was chaos hehe

Thanks mate. Can only envy you for having a gen Nautilus. The question I would like to ask is how you feel when wearing the gen vs wearing the rep. Do you feel any different. I mean its like 95% close to the gen. Small details are different. So how do you feel when you wear them. Do you think about it being a gen or rep you are wearing.

Thank you for the compliment!

Well, guess I feel relief....:cool:

You'd say it's good to have a gen Nautilus but it's not an easy decision to wear it unless in sparse occasions. I'd say that having this option is amazing.

There are indeed some differences - as already stated, as well bracelet more stiff on rep, but overall weight and feel are quite the same. Looking forward to the new blue, especially if it comes with clone movmt -- which BTW was an amazing feat !!

cheers :wave-1:

Swissys

28/2/19
Great review! Would be interesting to compare the gen blue vs ppf with MKF v5 blue dial

Tobel

6/7/17
Great review! Would be interesting to compare the gen blue vs ppf with MKF v5 blue dial

The PPF replicates a different version of the dial so there's no point comparing with this gen, you'd need a 2019 gen.

Reactions: G61

MrMoneyBags

11/8/11
Any recent or additional thoughts on the topic of how close the ppf is to your gen in both look and feel? Could you tell the difference when handling with your eyes shut? Could your mates tell? I really doubt ANYONE could tell on wrist, including watchmakers.

MrMoneyBags

11/8/11
Any recent or additional thoughts on the topic of how close the ppf is to your gen in both look and feel? Could you tell the difference when handling with your eyes shut? Could your mates tell? I really doubt ANYONE could tell on wrist, including watchmakers.

MrMoneyBags

11/8/11
Any recent or additional thoughts on the topic of how close the ppf is to your gen in both look and feel? Could you tell the difference when handling with your eyes shut? Could your mates tell? I really doubt ANYONE could tell on wrist, including those who own or are around gens.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Any recent or additional thoughts on the topic of how close the ppf is to your gen in both look and feel? Could you tell the difference when handling with your eyes shut? Could your mates tell? I really doubt ANYONE could tell on wrist, including those who own or are around gens.

Just because you can‘t - doesn‘t mean that others aren‘t also capable of doin so.

Read the threads regarding the PPF and you will get an idea about how it feels compared to a gen and what is off. The answer is right on here.

T'Challa

22/7/19

Can't answer the first part as I do not have any 5711s. As for whether a decent rep would be called out by people around you, IMO i feel it depends on your personal "branding".
If you're known to be one who wears expensive watches (like Chaos and his gen 5711), I don't think your mates would tell unless they are on this forum or know what to look out for.

Point is, regardless of whether they have gens or been around gens, people who do not spend time looking at /researching reps wouldn't know what to look out for unless side by side.

So if you're buying a rep cause you like the gen's features but its just impossible to get from ADs, then just get the rep and be happy with it - since its around 80% close to the gen.
But if you wanna show your mates that you have these hyped pieces, then get a couple of cheaper gens (rollies/APs) first before wearing a decent rep on the wrist :)