• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 Blue X PPF 5711 White - a Humble Comparison

jnsanee

Looking Around
10/5/18
Thanks ;)

The way I've build it on RWG would generate problem here, as the forum isn't displaying things the same way and doesn't have the same width, I would need to rebuild it again, maybe sometime I'll do that ;)

Hey Glaude, just wondering what you think of the color of the rubys compared to the gen? :)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hey Glaude, just wondering what you think of the color of the rubys compared to the gen? :)

From what I've seen they appear to be a bit too red on macro shots, but hard to tell without having proper pics of them, they aren't on my Mk v5 at least

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Hi guys, just found some old pics about a comparison between blue Nautiluses, PF 5711 blue and an old 5711 Sellita SW200 blue from 2013.

I suspect that sending me a PF blue in order to compare with my gen blue would be difficult, so I have found a way to compare them INDIRECTLY . Hope it helps a bit ;)

First, there's a post from @Heisenberg , hope he does not mind I'm quoting it here.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/7512902-pf-5711-vs-pp-5712

I'd like to highlight one of the pics:

Well, you'd say "but it's a 5712 and colour is different from 5711".... :hypnotized:

Is it true?

I'd say - NO, blue on 5712 and 5711 are quite the same. I've seen them IRL, I know who had them and said so as well. But the best is pictures to show it. Seeing is believing ....

All three pics to follow are from two owners that attested colour were basically the same, just configuration of dial gives the impression of not.

Ve75mI.jpg

So, I guess now you understand how different the colours are. IMHO, PF is way off and quite evidently a replica. It's nonetheless a very good first attempt of a thinner one and has lots of qualities besides that. What I would like is that PF had evolved on its flaws, and appears they have not.

Is it possible to PF and PPF emulate this blue PP Nautilus then?

IMHO, yes. But some work has to be done.

And I base my opinion not on wishful thinking. I still have a replica 5711 Sellita SW200 from 2013 that I bought to compare with my gen, and I really liked . It is of course miles away from the newer replicas, and it was full of flaws ! But, take a look on the colour of dial and see how close they have gotten. Take a look at DW...

If you want to compare colours, it's mandatory to have the pieces together, bc there are changes with different lighting - and therefore that's why PF seems good in certain angles.

But, to be REALLY good, it has to withstand the test of side by side, isn't it ?

Take a look and make your decision :

Look at that date disk....!

I guess now it's clear when I say that they could do better nowadays - the one above is from 2013..... ;)

cheers

mottykytu

4/6/13
I guess now it's clear when I say that they could do better nowadays - the one above is from 2013..... ;)

cheers

Stunning, although the font is totally off, the colour is 90% the same.

With this, I think that it is not they cannot do the same blue colour as GEN, it just because they DO NOT WANT TO ! may be in Version 8-9 or 10 the colour will get 90% as gen with the correct FONT ?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Stunning, although the font is totally off, the colour is 90% the same.

With this, I think that it is not they cannot do the same blue colour as GEN, it just because they DO NOT WANT TO ! may be in Version 8-9 or 10 the colour will get 90% as gen with the correct FONT ?

Would you please elaborate why ZF/PPF nailed the white dial at the very first attempt?

they dont have the right suppliers who are abled to achieve the multi-layered color spectrum - easy as that. And the effort put in to other models that are released to fill the holes of the 5711 is simply not big enough as they make enough money with other projects (when it comes down to ZF... if they would need the money they would have dropped the RM011 and many other side projects that attract the majority of buyers)

mottykytu

4/6/13
Would you please elaborate why ZF/PPF nailed the white dial at the very first attempt?

they dont have the right suppliers who are abled to achieve the multi-layered color spectrum - easy as that. And the effort put in to other models that are released to fill the holes of the 5711 is simply not big enough as they make enough money with other projects (when it comes down to ZF... if they would need the money they would have dropped the RM011 and many other side projects that attract the majority of buyers)
IMHO:
Because the white 5711 get much lower attention then blue (both in gen and rep)

Therefore, having right dial will get more BOOST SALES fỏr the white version obviously, Imagine, who want to buy the white dial anymore if the Blue is correct? 5711 get 80% vote for the blue - ask all the gen/rep forum. That's why people alwáys want to wait fỏr the RỊGHT BLUE REP.

Also imagine if both White and Blue are Off, what people will choose?? Still Blue. And then only 20% will buy whites.

Atm, even white are rịgth and blue are off, many will still choôse blue over white because 5711 blue is So ICONIC that people always hope for it. Some also say 5711 much be in Blue when buying Gen...

But I also agree with u that it is harder to atempt right Blue than Right White

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
The SW200 was indeed a stunning rep, though it had its issues, namely the bracelet end links, the thickness and that crazy humped dial pattern, lol! I still have a grey dial SW200 Nautilus which is very special to me.

The watch just feels solid, as reliable as the Miyota movement is it just always feels a little rattley and a bit cheap, but as you’d expect from a genuine Swiss movement the SW200 feels bomb proof. You’d hope so though as it was a $500+ watch at a time when $350 watches were considered expensive, lol!

DC

CartoonZombie

31/10/18
UK
Great comparison! It's a shame to hear you say the purple tint of the blue dial is horrible. Bracelet looks great though

Chaosg

26/3/18
Great comparison! It's a shame to hear you say the purple tint of the blue dial is horrible. Bracelet looks great though

Hi, I'm sorry but I couldn't understand whether the shame is about what I've said or the fact it is....

I think that I'd prefer to say what I believe it's the truth or, instead, keep my mouth shut. :eek:

Nonetheless, please accept my apologies . I had no intention to make you guys love your pieces less, or more.

Btw, keep the love alive bc for sure it will bear results. In the end, we cannot have everything we want, but we can always love everything we have. :)

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: Malik321

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Chaosg great comparisons.

The PF is too light blue with not enough grey. The PPF is too dark with no grey. The MKF is in the middle with some grey but not quite enough. 2 members here have held an MKF next to gen and both stated it’s very close and in one instance the gen owner didnt know the difference.

Problem with MKF is the lume and crown guards. PF has very gen like case and bezel. Both have datewheel issues. PPF has bezel issues and crown issues.

One thing I’ve noticed on gen is the beveled edges on case and bracelet are polished which reflects light. This has not been addressed on the forum.

Vs8qLy.jpg

So, the present solution is: MKF relumed dial with updated datewheel. PF case and movement. Bracelets are all similar so not a huge issue, but edges need to be beveled and polished.

Any other suggestions?

Reactions: androme and csthe

BIONONE

28/4/17
One thing I’ve noticed on gen is the beveled edges on case and bracelet are polished which reflects light. This has not been addressed on the forum.

have you seen Ryans pictures? You can clearly see that they managed to finish the bevel at the exact same level like the gen - spec wise.

nautilus-jumbo-5711-super-replication-ppf-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.jpg

nautilus-jumbo-5711-super-replication-ppf-1-1-best-edition-white-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.jpg

And the bracelet also got the bevelage perfectly.

Last edited:

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
BIONONE looks good. I bought an MKF and PF for project. I’ll just polish the edges of the PF as the rest of the PPF is flawed.

Reactions: gilrob

Chaosg

26/3/18
I have checked into the pics and I do remember the bigger bevel on my gen. Without going through the process of going to the bank and getting the watch , pics and get it stored back, I'd repost a pic that shows that , not the best though,

Given that PPF had a gen to copy from , their copy was very good in that aspect. So, I assume that my gen being from 2012 plays a role on that difference.

cheers

BIONONE

28/4/17
We have to not forget that in the end finishing touches like bevelage etc etc are made by humans and thankfully not by CNC machines :)

yasarali997

Looking Around
25/5/19
I am planning to buy one after your review. I m a noob please tell me where can I buy PFF one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk