• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ultimate Patek Philippe collection - a work in progress

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
Yeah especially with a display case back like on the moon phase. Luckily the 5054 has a solid case back. I saw on WE they had one with a white dial too.

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk 2

Is the case dimensions correct?
It must be too thick or too big?
I've never seen a credible patek rep on finish and feel.

wild05kid05

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/1/11
5054 (Image from Watchnet.com)
IMG_4235.jpg

5054 (image from europeanwatch.com)
14785-1.jpg

Honestly, from the picture, the dial looks like plastic. The crystal could have really used some nice AR ..
And the gen has an officer's case back, does the rep have that ?

abzack

Renowned Member
26/11/11
Is the case dimensions correct?
It must be too thick or too big?
I've never seen a credible patek rep on finish and feel.

Ha. No the case size is 38mm, gen is 31mm. Not sure about thickness. The rep does not have the "Directoire" case. The dial has more depth than the pictures show, but it is not porcelain. It does not have push pieces to set the date and moon. Some, like me, will enjoy it anyway. Some won't.

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
Poorly there is no classy Patek super rep out there... They have to rep the calatrava or the ac I would buy them in a second!

Regards

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
They should probably rep an old gen closed caseback calatrava with either quartz or some very thin movement.
But those are gonna be around 34mm or smaller so I don't know if anyone would b interested.

Kpalooza

25/5/12
Doesn't look too bad.
What's wrong with the seconds hand?

It's the sub dial...it's not smooth and has circular rings. Hard to tell and that's why it isn't too bad...but it drives me crazy. Also, I'm sure the real 5119 has a slightly thinner seconds hand...but hardly noticeable.

The gen is also thinner, single piece case, and heavier as its white gold.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
It's the sub dial...it's not smooth and has circular rings. Hard to tell and that's why it isn't too bad...but it drives me crazy. Also, I'm sure the real 5119 has a slightly thinner seconds hand...but hardly noticeable.

The gen is also thinner, single piece case, and heavier as its white gold.

Oh well they will never be able to rep it accurately anyway.
That one above looks pretty good for what is likely 1% of the gen.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Small update to my thread, I bought a gen Calatrava 3919G, can't find good pics, but here's one of the movement:

kd4fi9.jpg

iggypop

I'm Pretty Popular
27/9/12
Congratulations on the gen purchase it's been along time coming!

museguy

19/10/12
Dear jrodshibuya
You have assembled an impressive collection ! Thank you for sharing.

All the best

Last edited:

The1stIrishman

Looking Around
11/7/23
fixed
Outta curiousity is there a good chance that i will be scammed trying to buy replicas and wont actually recieve the item, ive been looking for some Patek Replicas until i make enough money to one day afford them on my own but im looking specifically for the 5002 and 6002 grand complications models as they are absolutely goregous, i dnt really care if the replica is perfect only that its passable for the price.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Outta curiousity is there a good chance that i will be scammed trying to buy replicas and wont actually recieve the item, ive been looking for some Patek Replicas until i make enough money to one day afford them on my own but im looking specifically for the 5002 and 6002 grand complications models as they are absolutely goregous, i dnt really care if the replica is perfect only that its passable for the price.
You should go to the FAQ section and read about Trusted Dealers and why their are called TD

Feefo

More hoarding, less regrets.
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome to RWI! Glad you found your way here.
Please don't post same questions in different threads. If you use a trusted dealer from rwi you won't get scammed. You need to do a bit of research to understand how this all works.

Please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (all subsections), learn the basic forum rules and get some very good advice in the process. A number of questions has already been answered there, this is just an example:

As a new subscriber, you've already been directed to this thread, please read carefully and look through the linked additional threads:

Another good thread to read to understand where RWI comes from and some fundamentals is this:

Most of the information you need to know to start is there. If you're preparing to buy, read the stickies before ordering. When you're finished, you can continue learning by reading the stickies in all remaining sections. If it's stickied, it's important information.

If you intend to sell, read the sales rules and all stickies in the sales section with particular care and make sure you understand each single rule. Sales rules infraction is taken very seriously here. As a new member you are not eligible to sell. Using the sales section is a privilege, eligibility must be earned, make sure you know and understand how.

For anything else, feel free to reach out to @eBoy or me, we're happy to assist, advise, direct, explain. Don't hesitate.

This forum is a treasure trove of information and benefits from the engagement of all members who take their time to share their knowledge, help each other out and have some fun. We hope that you'll benefit and enjoy this platform as well as contribute positively to it.

If at any point you feel to contribute also on another level, feel free to pm the boss (trailboss99) to become a supporter and get some little perks with the status (editing rights, for example).

Enjoy the forum.

Reactions: eBoy

anonkingp

Horology Curious
4/6/23
global citizen
They should probably rep an old gen closed caseback calatrava with either quartz or some very thin movement.
But those are gonna be around 34mm or smaller so I don't know if anyone would b interested.
you can get a gen one with the 324 movement taken out of it for like $1000