• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tells on current nautilus?

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
which is the best nautilus version and tells? Are these considered super reps yet?

Nobody69

3/2/19
Can someone provide a more helpful answer? I don’t want to read through 100s of pages

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Dont want to go through 100 of pages then get out of this forum

Nobody69

3/2/19
LOL, such hostility on this forum and lack of helpfulness. People on the real watch forums are much friendlier and down to earth. I find it funny that the people who are in the class to be able to afford real watches are much more positive minded, yet the people who frequent the rep forums often are rude and just plain negative and unwilling to go out their way to answer a simple question ???? . Wonder if that has anything to do with their ablebess to afford real stuff and their attitude towards life. They say your attitude determines your latitude ????????‍♂️

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17
There is no best Nautilus if it doesn't come directly from the PATEK but what in the forum are interest right now is from PPF
White is quite nice , have some QC issues and also some of the bazel that .0x mm wider.
Blue is a little off with color but depends on your taste.

To read through the forum about things you are interest is to help you find out what is the flaws or what is the good on the watch.
Let's start with searching on PPF and find out, is it the watch you looking for or not?

Reactions: vcappp

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
LOL, such hostility on this forum and lack of helpfulness. People on the real watch forums are much friendlier and down to earth. I find it funny that the people who are in the class to be able to afford real watches are much more positive minded, yet the people who frequent the rep forums often are rude and just plain negative and unwilling to go out their way to answer a simple question ???? . Wonder if that has anything to do with their ablebess to afford real stuff and their attitude towards life. They say your attitude determines your latitude ????????‍♂️

Why dont you run along now and use your precious time to earn more money and buy a real patek since you're full of ableness. Another member already kindly told u to look through the pages and yet u stubornly declared u didnt wanna want to spend the time and want to be spoonfed instead. So much for big talks about attitude huh?

Tobel

6/7/17
LOL, such hostility on this forum and lack of helpfulness. People on the real watch forums are much friendlier and down to earth. I find it funny that the people who are in the class to be able to afford real watches are much more positive minded, yet the people who frequent the rep forums often are rude and just plain negative and unwilling to go out their way to answer a simple question ???? . Wonder if that has anything to do with their ablebess to afford real stuff and their attitude towards life. They say your attitude determines your latitude ????????*♂️

Think abou it for a minute: you joined a month ago, haven't contributed to the forum and you ask a question that is actually not that easy - that's why there's 100 pages of discussion - and expect people to naturally spend some time giving you a nice summary because you don't want to read through the existing material.

People here are in general extremely helpful and willing to share their knowledge with everyone - including newbies, as long as they do their homework and don't just expect to be spoofed like they deserve it.

Otherwise we would be spending our time doing it for every new comer on this forum. Guess what is the most stereotypically frequent question a newbie can ask: "what is the best sub and why?". You just did exactly that but with nautilus.

So take a bit of time, read, and once you have a better idea of what specifically you want to understand and haven't been able to find, come up with your questions and people will help you.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
LOL, such hostility on this forum and lack of helpfulness. People on the real watch forums are much friendlier and down to earth. I find it funny that the people who are in the class to be able to afford real watches are much more positive minded, yet the people who frequent the rep forums often are rude and just plain negative and unwilling to go out their way to answer a simple question ???? . Wonder if that has anything to do with their ablebess to afford real stuff and their attitude towards life. They say your attitude determines your latitude ????????*♂️

WTF dude ?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

So after being told that we won't do the search for you, you find us hostile ... and accordingly you react in a hostile manner getting things in the conversation that has NOTHING to do with the subject.

You'll be delighted to learn that a lot of people here can afford all the gens they want, they just choose not to because they made a deeper reflection on their value and what they want to do with their money.
And that your "real watch forum" is filled with posers that tries to pass replica as gen because most of the watch enthusiasts are unable to tell them apart from pictures (when they are just not posting pictures of other people gens...)

I'll suggest you apply your last smart ass comment to yourself then : "your attitude determines your latitude"

Or you could try to understand that this is a forum, not a chat box, people take time to write stuff so that other people can read them. You wouldn't ask the writer of an encyclopedia or a book to either read the book to you or resume it for you (the back of the book is there for that reason), so why do you think it's okay to do it here and feel entitled to have this done for you ?

If I tell you the current tells on the Nautilus, from my point of view, and that someone else come and tell you others from his point of view, you won't be much more informed than before, quite the opposite even !

Do your own research, seek the info you are willing to believe and understand (harder it seems)

Nobody69

3/2/19
I apologize I do realize a lot here can afford gen. I was more so referring to the negative few who seemed unwilling to answer questions across the threads I read for newcomers. I don’t mean to come off as lazy or unwilling to do research, I just feel that some questions are easily answered in the time members are told to search or do more research. Some of us just don’t have the time to comb through pages upon pages looking for one specific question, nor the ability to look out for flaws in pictures as they just don’t have the experience, hence asking more experienced members

how I look at it, forums are made for those to answer questions, of course there will be newcomers always coming in asking questions, that’s what keeps a forum alive. Nurturing discussion and providing value how I see it can only help a community - And who is to say that newcomer won’t provide value in the future?

Nobody69

3/2/19
My comment referring to gen forums was not meant to offend or step on anyone, heck i was looking into reps myself, nor would I want to buy a gen $50k+ watch, it was just comparing relative attitudes. I apologize for the post, it was late and I was cranky from the negativity it seemed like I was receiving, but conversely there are great members here who are friendly, helpful and overall pleasant, I should not have broadly mentioned the forum as a whole.

Nobody69

3/2/19
And yes, I apologize for my attitude from yesterday. I had a few beers and was not in my right mind. I will take those messages and take it upon myself to improve my mindset and resourcefulness.

Thanks to to all who contributed to the original question.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Well, that's already much, much better !

Understand that you are not the first one to do that, so people tend to react immediately on post like yours.

If you browse the current Patek Philippe subsection, you'll see some of the recent release of the 5711 blue (which is the one you are enquiring I guess ?)
Lots of pages, but I suggest you start with topics that have fewer answers or containing the word review in them, in a couple of pages you will have understood the main point of focus for the flaws in them.

To sum it up :
- Case work is pretty spot on for the current rep available (PF, PPF, Mk)
- Crown is a bit protruding much on the PPF
- Bezel shape could be a bit wide on PPF but no consensus on that yet (it's tiny, less than half a mm)
- Blue colour of the dial is where you'll find the most various opinions, some (like me) feel like the colour is very good and match some gens dial, some feel like it's too vibrant and that gen is less blue (both facts are true as there's multiple gen variations)
- Bracelet for tiny wrist needs to be looked at, PF and PPF seem very good for tiny wrist Mk is good too but there's some voice saying it's less good
- Movement : best looking one on PPF but they are all the same base movement (reliable)

For the rest you'll have to educate yourself ;)

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I apologize I do realize a lot here can afford gen. I was more so referring to the negative few who seemed unwilling to answer questions across the threads I read for newcomers. I don’t mean to come off as lazy or unwilling to do research, I just feel that some questions are easily answered in the time members are told to search or do more research. Some of us just don’t have the time to comb through pages upon pages looking for one specific question, nor the ability to look out for flaws in pictures as they just don’t have the experience, hence asking more experienced members

how I look at it, forums are made for those to answer questions, of course there will be newcomers always coming in asking questions, that’s what keeps a forum alive. Nurturing discussion and providing value how I see it can only help a community - And who is to say that newcomer won’t provide value in the future?

There is a section for Patek Philip here, and you can start reading it there. Your question has been presented many times by multiple different noobies and has been answered multiple time by Patek experts on this forum.

If you ask for opinion, you will get different responses such as factory: PF is better, No, MK is better, RF is ugly...etc. In the end, you may not get a conclusion. Go research and figure out yourself.

Reactions: vcappp and Glaude