• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPF white dial nautilus - After one week review

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Since BlackJaguar has done a great job for the hands on review with the white dial, I'll just do a review after wearing the watch for a week, so I can share some of my thoughts and the photos that I took.
I'm truly impressed by the quality of the white dial.

Since I own multiple blue dial of nautilus before, I want to try something different. I've never thought I would get a white nautilus since it doesn't appeal to me at first.
first.jpg

second.jpg

Under good lighting condition, the dial looks absolutely white and therefore it give a really clean outlook.
I've pointed out the bezel is a bit thicker than previous nautilus from other factories, but in reality it's not that noticeable.

eighth.jpg

nineth.jpg

In some lighting condition, the dial has a bit of silver-ish tone, which has the same effect as the gen. It's just pretty!

tenth.jpg

The bracelet is extremely comfy, wraps around the wrist nicely just like the pf and way better than mks since mks's bracelet doesn't bend that well.
Each bracelet's metal link has around 2.83mm thickness, compare to 3.1mm thickness on the pf/mks, therefore the bracelet is lighter and looks slimmer on wrist.
The Protruding rounded links on the bracelet has a great touch to it, but the curvature is not as curve as the gen, slighty too flat.
The polishing on the bracelet is in great quality, from the exterior it's smooth as silk, but in the interior, some corners are slightly sharp.

fifth.jpg

xisth.jpg

I would admit the crown is sticking out a little bit, and the font of the datewheel is quite thin. I actually like it even though it's different than gen, and some gen comes with thin datewheel. Not a big problem to me.

seventh.jpg

It's actually hard for me to capture all the essence of the watch, it just looks gorgeous. The colour of the hands are slightly different than the minute marker in certain lightings, and it is also true for gen, I'm amazed that PPF would captures such small details on the dial.

forth.jpg

third.jpg

twelve.jpg

The movement is actually so well-made, it tries to mimic the gen's 324C movement. Even though it's not a clone movement and the ones who know about pp can quickly identify that's not a gen movement, I love the way of how the movement looks, purely stunning.

Some outdoor shots:
sunn3.jpg

sunnn.jpg

sunnn2.jpg

The quality of this rep is so well-made.

sunn4.jpg

sunn5.jpg

Words can't simply describe how good it looks.

sunnn6.jpg

bracelet.jpg

outdoor.jpg

quartz.jpg

cards.jpg

indoorlighting.jpg

I've taken a lot of photos, but I just don't want to bombard you guys with all the photos.
Overall, PPF actually did a great job replicating the white dial because they replicate the dial based on a gen dial.
The colour and the tone looks right and great, minute marker has a clean white lume unlike pf's greenish messy marker.
The bracelet is comfortable, similar to pf and way better than mks.
Forgot to mention the clasp, the clasp is so tight, I mean it's so TIGHT, it takes so much effort to open the clasp. After wearing and taking the watch off, the clasp is still tight.
The crown is protruding a bit, but I won't worry about that.
The bezel is not that thick in person, for the blue variant I think it's due to the white and blue contrast, it can look a bit thick.
Movement looks good, better than pf's deco plate. MKS V6 has updated the movement, but the jewels are not as red as PPF
That 0.5 differences between ppf and mks/pf are not noticeable. Yes the mid case is thinner, but it has similar wearability.

Great rep to start 2019 :)

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
wow. can't wait for mine. it's coming end of this week.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Nice pics & review !
In natural light this white dial really pop !

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Since BlackJaguar has done a great job for the hands on review with the white dial, I'll just do a review after wearing the watch for a week, so I can share some of my thoughts and the photos that I took.
I'm truly impressed by the quality of the white dial.

I've taken a lot of photos, but I just don't want to bombard you guys with all the photos.
Overall, PPF actually did a great job replicating the white dial because they replicate the dial based on a gen dial.
The colour and the tone looks right and great, minute marker has a clean white lume unlike pf's greenish messy marker.
The bracelet is comfortable, similar to pf and way better than mks.
Forgot to mention the clasp, the clasp is so tight, I mean it's so TIGHT, it takes so much effort to open the clasp. After wearing and taking the watch off, the clasp is still tight.
The crown is protruding a bit, but I won't worry about that.
The bezel is not that thick in person, for the blue variant I think it's due to the white and blue contrast, it can look a bit thick.
Movement looks good, better than pf's deco plate. MKS V6 has updated the movement, but the jewels are not as red as PPF
That 0.5 differences between ppf and mks/pf are not noticeable. Yes the mid case is thinner, but it has similar wearability.

Great rep to start 2019 :)

Phenomenal review! Thank you for this wonderful contribution. I agree with everything, and you perfectly summarized my own contentions regarding the watch. Great job!

Reactions: Darude

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Awesome review and beautiful pictures mate. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Darude

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
The pic with the quartz on the side is amazing, as it shows that silver hue you mention. In a way it reminds me how the gen white dial Royal Oak looks, actually, and it's something not easy to capture.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Dang man, this looks great. I think this is perfectly done compared to gen. The subtle hues and finishes. Wonderful photos!

Reactions: BlackJaguar

edd312

Known Member
22/5/14
Very nice and detailed review, I just bought the ppf and hope i get it soon.

Reactions: Tobel

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Honest review, well written - even more beautiful shots of this watch.

Cant wait to wrap my hands around mine. Was love at first sight - still now as there are some very minor things that could bug some people.

Enjoy it!

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Great review and this is the second one by a respected veteran imo that has come out with praise for the white ppf. Thanks.