• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NAUTILUS 5711 PPF Blue Dial OUTTTTTT!!!

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
i’d expect you can take it to a patek store(of course you shouldn’t do this) or people who have knowledge about the brand/watch, and it’s hard for them to tell without close inspection. Like the white ppf nautilus, I would safe to say it’s truly close even though there are minor differences like crown protruding, a little bit thicker, thinner datewheel, marker misaligned.

Good point, but with multiple iterations of gen dials and infinite light qualities, it would be a stretch for anyone to call out the MKF without close inspection. Probably impossible at arms length.

If you go on Instagram and see fakewatchbusta and all these other fake watch police, the reps they call out are junk quartz and diamond models TD's dont even sell. I haven't seen any 5711 called out online yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glaude

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Good point, but with multiple iterations of gen dials and infinite light qualities, it would be a stretch for anyone to call out the MKF without close inspection. Probably impossible at arms length.

If you go on Instagram and see fakewatchbusta and all these other fake watch police, the reps they call out are junk quartz and diamond models TD's dont even sell. I haven't seen any 5711 called out online yet.

I agree, most of the people expect a rep is in poor quality and made mostly by quartz. However, for patek, people either don’t know about the brand or the ones who know about patek is usually watch enthusiasts, therefore I would prefer a much more accurate rep, the aquanaut/calatrava released by ZF and the nautilus white dial by ppf are the watches that exceed my expectations.

Reactions: Ultra929

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I don't see much of the grey dial with a black leather strap models anymore. I wish they'd bring them back again.

One of my most cherished reps!! It’s an SW200 with a gen Patek strap, I sold it once many years ago to buy the AP 15400 rep when it was first released, and regretted it! I spend several years begging the buyer to sell it back to me... which his eventually did!

87-EF6-BA9-F7-EA-4101-81-CF-AEE9-AE86-EA91.jpg

I won’t be making that mistake again, this one is a keeper, and still unbeatable!!!

DC

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I agree all this arguing over the exact same point does not add anything to the tread.

Let’s wait to see pictures in natural light but from what we have seen so far I also believe that the dial color is nowhere close to any gens I have seen except for the 5711P. The color also seems too dull/flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
One of my most cherished reps!! It’s an SW200 with a gen Patek strap, I sold it once many years ago to buy the AP 15400 rep when it was first released, and regretted it! I spend several years begging the buyer to sell it back to me... which his eventually did!

87-EF6-BA9-F7-EA-4101-81-CF-AEE9-AE86-EA91.jpg

I won’t be making that mistake again, this one is a keeper, and still unbeatable!!!

DC

talk to me when you sell it again :p

Reactions: Pdatoon

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I think it looks good on the Puretime pics - I have pulled the trigger.......!

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Let’s see all those blue dial reps together, so we can make our own judgement

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Looking pretty good on those video & pics ! A bit dark for my taste, perhaps, I'm not really sure, but that's really only a matter of taste, I still like it !
If we think about the overall progress made on those PPF release, this blue dial isn't really disappointing ! Good job PPF !

Sorry for the argumentation I started on this thread guys, but a point needed to be made about the constant arguing over certain thing without any backup behind ! I hope that by doing that here, it won't happen again and again

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Looking pretty good on those video & pics ! A bit dark for my taste, perhaps, I'm not really sure, but that's really only a matter of taste, I still like it !
If we think about the overall progress made on those PPF release, this blue dial isn't really disappointing ! Good job PPF !

Sorry for the argumentation I started on this thread guys, but a point needed to be made about the constant arguing over certain thing without any backup behind ! I hope that by doing that here, it won't happen again and again

I agree, looks like a nice watch from
The videos, I like the hue of the blue myself correct or not. As there are few iterations of the Gen colour many would have never seen even one of in real life, many general public would assume the colour is always the same , certainly doubt anyone who does know a bit about them would have committed every version to memory, it would be a real Patek fanatic watch who has, could they spot it with a long glance who know.
we saw in other thread people everyone calling out a rep in the pic of two gens.

I think this is a wear it and it’d pass mostly anywhere

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
Im still rolling with pf‘s blue 5711 and cant see myself selling it in the near future lol.

The thickness ( + 0.3 - 0.4 mm compared to ppf ) is no reason at all to get rid of it.

I agree with blackjaguar...Under direct light ( indoors ) it does have a purple touch to it but this is how the dial actually looks like :

721a5e0589bf5e984b31052137acee43.jpg

ae3fefd83d28c7e63197e3364fa4e9b1.jpg

fc383e9f9e3b4c33c02c95f45c757270.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

80Eight

Horology Curious
7/4/19
Base on the video, is there any dyi for silencing the rotor? or at lease make it more quiet? sorry noob question