• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Patek PPF 5711 (White) Review

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Beautiful, thanks. Are they releasing the blue version too? Is it confirmed?

Great first post. Did you actually take the time to read the thread specifically regarding the new PPF release??

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Thanks for the review - sorely tempted by the white version, but am waiting to see what the blue looks like when it becomes available.

I've never owned a 5711 before - how easy is it to adjust the bracelet?? Are there any special tools required??

I used thw following pin remover tool and pliers:
https://www.amazon.com/Zacro-Watch-R.../dp/B01E4X06HA

The pins were very easy to remove for the PPF. This is in stark contrast to the PF, which has a bracelet that is very difficult to adjust. The PF pins are absolutely terrible and cheap. I remember with the PF bracelet it took me close to 3 hours to adjust the bracelet because the pins were hard to remove, would get easily damaged, and would get stuck.

The PPF did not have that problem at all, and I think it took me about 15 minutes to adjust the bracelet. Much easier. PPF has the benefit here.

felix2

Horology Curious
29/6/14
I guess the gen they copied from was the white one. But I like the blue color actually much more. Blue color was always way off though.

apologies mate. In the hobby since 2005, when we were trying to find MBW (the M for "Maria") subs to mod, with hundreds of posts in my previous account. But hey, you can still be ironic to anyone you don't know. It's the magic of the internet.

Nice review though.

felix2

Horology Curious
29/6/14
I guess the gen they copied from was the white one. But I like the blue color actually much more. Blue color was always way off though.

Same feeling here. I am not holding my breath for the accuracy of the blue dial, very difficult to replicate. But it is more beautiful indeed.

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
This is one of the better reviews I’ve read. Period. Great pictures and I’m sold. Thank you.
Also, May I ask who you used as a TD?

Awesone review.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Great review man, you covered all the point everyone was asking, short, pictural and factual, so that there's no room to argue !
Good job !

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
This is one of the better reviews I’ve read. Period. Great pictures and I’m sold. Thank you.
Also, May I ask who you used as a TD?

Awesone review.

Thank you to everyone for all the thoughtful comments. Glad the review was helpful. I’m just happy that I can contribute to the community.

As for TD, I used Ryan from InTime.

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
Wow.. I thought I was gonna wait for the blue dial version. But the more I have seen the white dial, the more beautiful it got. Super fantastic review! Thank you so much for doing this!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI