• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Enquired about getting new Dial/hands to transplant into a PF case - then I’ll be finished and happy with my 5711 reps. If I need to buy the whole watch then do be it!

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Scottymagic hahahaha. You have a lot of experience now with modding PP's. The day is very near now for the perfect 5711 rep indeed. My finger is on the trigger for the PPF v2.

Oh and your RM is still running perfect. runs for over a year now. :)

Cheers Stan

Reactions: Scottymagic

mottykytu

4/6/13
Enquired about getting new Dial/hands to transplant into a PF case - then I’ll be finished and happy with my 5711 reps. If I need to buy the whole watch then do be it!

no one can source a PPF 5711 dial (both white/blue) up until now as far as I know !

seem like PPF do not want to sell the dial seperately and just do this project one and only time like glaude said...

Last edited:

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
The main question is the blue...... All that matters really and main reason why they probably releases a v2 so quickly

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
You're likely right. Agreed about everything else. The issue is the cost. You're looking at spending close to $1,500 for the mixing and matching to acquire the ideal rep. Then, a few months later, a new version is released addressing the issue

That’s not entirely right. I have bought a ppf and a pf.

Did the hybrid mod and sold the ppf base watch with the pf dial & hands within 2 hours - 410€.

So the total cost was maybe 500€ ( + - 50-100€ I cant remember ).

I don’t think ppf will change the bezel & crown issue anytime soon.. And Even if they do there will be a new issue - thicker case, bad dial etc.

If you wait for the factory to bring out the perfect 5711 rep you might aswell start saving for the Gen.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
That’s not entirely right. I have bought a ppf and a pf.

Did the hybrid mod and sold the ppf base watch with the pf dial & hands within 2 hours - 410€.

So the total cost was maybe 500€ ( + - 50-100€ I cant remember ).

I don’t think ppf will change the bezel & crown issue anytime soon.. And Even if they do there will be a new issue - thicker case, bad dial etc.

If you wait for the factory to bring out the perfect 5711 rep you might aswell start saving for the Gen.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

i would like to know that pf bezel and crystal can be installed on the ppf?

Akra

11/1/17
Has anybody even tried fixing the crown? Perhaps shortening it with a lathe?
I believe the thickness of the bezel is because they haven't got the chamfer-angle correct(?) Which on itself shouldn't be that difficult of a fix for the factories either.

Atleast PPF is making steps in the right direction.

RM027 Lover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/19
I believe the thickness of the bezel is because they haven't got the chamfer-angle correct(?) Which on itself shouldn't be that difficult of a fix for the factories either.

Yes, that's indeed the issue. Problem is, the bezel is quite a biggie

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
CONUS

My ppf has a modified smaller crown. The crown was shortened with a lathe. It can be done

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I'm out of this thread. It has become useless, full of lazy people asking the same questions over which most of them myself have answered more than once. Its not constructive anymore.