• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

mottykytu

4/6/13
It's still $498. Yeah I was pretty surprised when I saw the dial, the TD didn't seem to know about the update. But nonetheless I couldn't live with that DW. Maybe I should've accepted it and bought your DW. but let's see how the next one is.

Let tell me if you got it ! we can talk in national language, lol !

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
That's awesome news! That dial is way better than the prior purple-ish hue dial from before (which is the reason I sold mine). But that DW is left justified, and definitely would need to be modded. Maybe Keylog's DWO, and that dial, and you have a very nice white dial and blue dial 5711 reps?

I still have issues with the bezel and the crown, but the crown is not noticeable all on the wrist. If they just addressed the bezel, this would be the ideal rep (even with the protruding crown).

Last edited:

mottykytu

4/6/13
That's awesome news! That dial is way better than the prior purple-ish hue dial from before (which is the reason I sold mine). But that DW is left justified, and definitely would need to be modded. Maybe Keylog's DWO, and that dial, and you have a very nice white dial and blue dial 5711 reps?

I still have issues with the bezel and the crown, but the crown is not noticeable all on the wrist. If they just addressed the bezel, this would be the ideal rep (even with the protruding crown).

they will try only to fix 1 thing at a time, and such big problem like the bezel will definitely not going to be fixed soon, they will keep it...

Unless PF have a whole new version with everything spot on, even the dial, you have to mix mod the PF - PPF to get the best result

Last edited:

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
My first Patek Philippe rep watch. PPF Nautilus ordered at Toro's. The watch seems perfect to me even if it might not be 110% identical to gen. The only thing I could complain of is the clasp which is very hard to open and close. I'm used to Rolex clasps which are really heavy duty stuff and easy to use. The PPF clasp is the flaw to correct asap in my opinion. Everything else looks good to me. I think I'm gonna go for the grey dial and maybe for the white dial as well in the near future...(V2 version)
The pictures show the watch in various lighting conditions. The dial appears much more purple on the pictures than for the naked eyes..

N1.jpg

N2.jpg
N3.jpg
N4.jpg
N6.jpg
N5.jpg

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
they will try only to fix 1 thing at a time, and such big problem like the bezel will definitely not going to be fixed soon, they will keep it...

Unless PF have a whole new version with everything spot on, even the dial, you have to mix mod the PF - PPF to get the best result

You're likely right. Agreed about everything else. The issue is the cost. You're looking at spending close to $1,500 for the mixing and matching to acquire the ideal rep. Then, a few months later, a new version is released addressing the issue, so all that work was for nil.

As a result, you then have to flip it for a fraction of the cost. For certain watches that unavoidable, but I feel like it's better sitting on the sidelines for the 5711, because they keep on coming out with better and better versions.

For the PPF, they have the thickness, color, and almost everything on point. Once they address the bezel, and the protruding crown, the watch is the best 5711 out of the box (IMO). The DW could be a bit thicker, but that could be addressed by Keylog's DWO, and it's not that big of an issue when it's on the wrist.

Reactions: gilrob

mottykytu

4/6/13
URL]

sorry i never post pics so i dont know, how to get it in the topic, its uploaded on imgur. i saw this ppf v2 on wechat

are you sure it is a PPF V2 or the PF V2?

since the bezel look like to be spot on!

I doubt they release the PPF V2 that soon...

and also the dial colour is hard to see !

Reactions: BlackJaguar

HUngVu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/4/19
the one on Puretime has the same problem. looks like its an issue with it. how much was it if you can share this info?

After looking at my QC vid many times, I realised that this is true. The Date window position on the dial is not correct, not the datewheel's fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: tmp2018

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Classic v2, one strep forward two steps backwards...

It is obviously a quality control issue - not a complete flaw among all of those V2 PPFs.

What you are talking about are flaws that are not period correct to the gen while the quality matches the previous version. Adding a flaw while refining some other flaws is the common practice. Not adding QC issues.

Reactions: csthe