• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
yes, ppf 5711 wise, the white is the best, but problem is solved, i ordered the grey/gray ppf - even if the dial is not genlike, it might be a good base. the problem is, i dont like white dials in general and i would like the normal blue one only for a few weeks (i know myself very well ;))

but lets wait & see - maybe the gray is really grayish or has the better blue than the blue version.^^

Bold move there sir, I like it. Pictures would be highly appreciated. I just can not make up my mind at all on which colour to buy. I wish there was a shop near where you could just try them on.

jersalo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/12
I've ordered the blue one. You can keep debating on what colour to get, and you'll end up never ordering one in the end .. I'll see what the blue looks like when it arrives.
Here are some of the QC photos I received (I have already accepted, just to add some photos :eek:) :) :

EDIT: Something went wrong with the pictures I guess..

Last edited:

jersalo

14/10/12
- Damn, never been fucking around with posting some images ahah, for everything a first I guess -

Can't delete post (?)..

Last edited:

jersalo

14/10/12
74dbd22db12f22a43e7d78ec8fc67bb6.jpg

3c5ec450e6be12e3b78d566d5227aef8.jpg
07f6e7611bbeb02fae9e93054771c4a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
jersalo same here. Bleu? White? Bleu? etc. yours looks amazing. Can you post some pics on the wrist when she has arrived? And your thoughts about the bleu dial? THX man

SwissWatchFan

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/3/19
Do you know if the issue with the ball falling out of the clasp has now been solved or if it is still present on the latest pieces produced by the factory?

Envoyé de mon CLT-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
impression from the QC Pics (not approved yet, because they/i need to check if date is centered) - the GRAY looks pretty blueish...

VixH93.jpg

Vixd38.jpg

VixXEb.jpg

hm11esh

4/9/18
I would like to see some actual pics of the grey dial when you receive the watch. in two minds on what dial to go for. Already have a blue dial watch and not keen on the white.​

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
impression from the QC Pics (not approved yet, because they/i need to check if date is centered) - the GRAY looks pretty blueish...

Looks more purpleish than blueish to me ;) but again so does the blue dial and actual owners seem to tell that IRL the purple isn't there , so curious to see your pics once you've received it :)

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
i ll upload a few pics when i have it in hands & tell what i see under different lightnings. 4 GRAY Dials @ 4TDs = from blue to black everything is possible....

Vilp7T.jpg

jersalo

14/10/12
Interesting! The gray seems to be a wild card. Looking forward to some wristshots under different light!

Reactions: BlackJaguar

bernY

4/1/09
I love this watch. So simple and clean.

Started this thread last night. Been reading and reading. I'll be honest, I stopped at post 1100 in this thread. There is nothing else I need to learn about this rep.

And there was so much crap from so many people. I remember my favorite post was from a bill... one pic that was to the point. It was a caliper pic.

Anyway, I might get the white dial version.

Thank you to all the contributors. I learned a lot. NONE of the "flaws" would bother me on the white dial version.

Last edited:

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Interested in what blue dial owners think about their pieces ... the blue is the one for me... can any PPF owners share their opinions/pictures?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Interested in what blue dial owners think about their pieces ... the blue is the one for me... can any PPF owners share their opinions/pictures?
IMO it is a great rep. I own the blue pff and compared it to the blue gen.

Regardless of the color, side by side you can see the bezel issue. The crown issue is a non-issue IMO, even compared to gen side by side. Of course the open caseback is a tell...

Regarding the blue color, three is a slightly difference, but not drastic as seems in some photos here. I don't know if this is related to photography/camera issues (like someone suggested) or large variances in pff dial supplies.

I know that it is not a popular opinion here, however, I don't think that the MKF has a better (or worse) dial color (but I don't own an MKF, just comparing to photos here).

AFAIK the gen also have a variety of blue dials, so I would not consider it a tell.

aSlwatch

11/7/17
I own the blue PPF I love it. For me it does not matter if it's REP or GEN, it's pure pleasure for the eyes.
The blue dial is very beautiful, sometimes very dark, others lighter, almost metallic. The color is so dynamic that it becomes impossible to reproduce in photography. As a photographer, I know what I'm talking about. Only once did I notice a slight magenta tone under tungsten light, but I may be conditioned by the posts here.
One thing is certain: judging a piece only for photographs is completely wrong and is the same as judging a movie by a moviegoer report. It depends ...
I agree with the VMSG regarding the quantity of blues in the GEN. One magazine article about the Nautilus reports that the official image doesn’t show the right color of the dial, which tends to go from black to dark blue in certain light conditions.
No major problem with the bezel except side by side comparison. Crown no major problem also.
If you can live with this just buy one and enjoy.