• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Loving my PPF!

V8DMbF.jpg

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
The calatrava he posted is a ZF - this is a dealers picture if i remember right. Maybe he just picked randomly from the web. Some wrist shots on here are better than on some gen boards hehe

Ah touché! The blacked out window border made me think gen. I agree, our pics poo on some of the gen forums wristies lol

EDIT: just read the end of that thread, looks like one of ours posting reps on gen forums

Last edited:

ROBENTON

Looking Around
23/3/19
Hi

I placed my order on puretime and received QC pictures, the 12 oclock marker seems off and some other markers seem not centered as well, and i noticed some mark next to the clasp, could you look at these details and give me your opinion guys please?

thanks in advance for your precious help!

VN2xyR.jpg

VN2ce2.jpg
VN2oea.jpg
VN29Hg.jpg

VN2MUe.jpg

Last edited:

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Hi

I placed my order on puretime and received QC pictures, the 12 oclock marker seems off and some other markers seem not centered as well, and i noticed some mark next to the clasp, could you look at these details and give me your opinion guys please?

thanks in advance for your precious help!

VN2xyR.jpg

VN2ce2.jpg
VN2oea.jpg
VN29Hg.jpg

VN2MUe.jpg

Lol it is ONLY the light making it look not aligned.
The watch is absolutely perfect! You won‘t find a better one.
At your clasp it is a bubble of air under the plastic wrap.
I would accept 100%. There is no flaws!

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
This is a very very nice example, nothing to say about it, this is exactly what nitpicking on QC is !

Only ask for your dealer to wipe the little dust of kink in the plastic to be sure for the clasp, but there's nothing to say about the dial

Reactions: ROBENTON

ROBENTON

Looking Around
23/3/19
Thank you I accepted the watch your expertise was much appreciated I’ll upload wrist shots when I get it :)

jersalo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/12
I've ordered my first rep, a 5711 PPF.W
What should I look for in my QC pictures? :)
Do I need to compare the watch with other versions(f.e. PF) to make sure it is a PPF, or is just checking for damage/misallignment sufficient?

hm11esh

4/9/18
I've ordered my first rep, a 5711 PPF.W
What should I look for in my QC pictures? :)
Do I need to compare the watch with other versions(f.e. PF) to make sure it is a PPF, or is just checking for damage/misallignment sufficient?

read this thread for QC problems that others have had and then look out for those issues. If you as for a PPF then you will get a PPF. PPF has a longer protruding crown so you will know it is a PPF

jersalo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/12
read this thread for QC problems that others have had and then look out for those issues. If you as for a PPF then you will get a PPF. PPF has a longer protruding crown so you will know it is a PPF

Thank you very much! Will be doing some more research on the common issues, and look out for them!

Reactions: hm11esh

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Reading this topic I've realized it's an amazing rep, at as it's my dream watch (after a Daytona but I've already thanked noob a lot) with only two flaws… bezel and crown… I understand there's nothing to do with the first, but actually it's not a big problem to my eyes, but the second annoys me quite a lot... without going gen ( :) ) is there a way to cut it and shorten it to make it look more gen?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Reading this topic I've realized it's an amazing rep, at as it's my dream watch (after a Daytona but I've already thanked noob a lot) with only two flaws… bezel and crown… I understand there's nothing to do with the first, but actually it's not a big problem to my eyes, but the second annoys me quite a lot... without going gen ( :) ) is there a way to cut it and shorten it to make it look more gen?

slaughterer62 may be able to help you with that

Reactions: Seefeld

OverTheTop

Known Member
12/11/14
First of all, you lower your virtual tone with me.
My virtual tone are lower than yours, trust me! You should know that tones in a forum could be easly misunderstood and mine are quiet

Then :
1- Yes
2- Yes
2- Yes

Anything else ?

Yes : you want to tell me that you had a gen 5711 in your hands and state that a MKF is near to it? Or better than a PPF (both OOTB)?

I've made an in-depth review on the Mk, I've been involved in all the recent PP threads, I've read everything posted about them, all the reviews from all people (me too), I don't remember anything good coming out of your comments in that thread, nor any valuable information that could back up you saying "dude trust me".

I read everyday only Patek and AP section and my attention goes only to 5711, 5167, 15400, 15450, 15202, 67650 and 15703. Sometimes I read about Daytona too but this is not important. You're right I never posted my comparisons or my studies about these reps, just some considerations in some threads..but if I talk about something is not just because "I heard about it" but because I had those in my hand and compared to a gen.
Unfortunately until now, talking about PPF, i had in hand only the white one so, dial color apart, I can talk about it just considering it overall. For the blue dial, just seeing those 2 photos*, you can undestrand that PPF blue dial is better than PF.

Why I state that PPF is better? Because MKF could have a nice dial but it has wrong date, it is too thick and the bracelet flexibility is not the best; PF thickness could be passable but (also here) we have a wrong date, a wrong lume, a wrong color of the dial (too much electric blue) and the bracelet flexibility is not the best. PPF could have the two minimal problem of the crown and the bezel but overall it's much better because it's thinner, the bracelet is entirely more flexible and similar to the gen than the others and both in white and in blue has the best dial.

I could result repetitive and boring talking only about bracelet, thickness and dial but these are the elements that destinguish the watch.

The subject of the bracelet is showing that you know very little about the MKF bracelet, should you talk about the dial colour, there would be room for discussion...

I can start again with the same concept : who could we compare the MKF bracelet to the gen or PPF? The things are two... your MKF has be lucky with the bracelet or the one that I had in my hand was wrong, but comparing MKF/PF/PPF to the gen to me the best one result the PPF.

So yes, your post is misleading and spread false information, and this is not the thread for such discussions, go to comment on the thread talking about the PPF if you want to impose your view. Here you're just trying to rewrite in a way that pleases you, what's already been discussed. This post is for wrist shot, if you want to continue this nonsense, go into the aforementioned post

I still cannot undertand what are the false information. Sure this is not the thread but you wrote that I have to stop spread false information so i'm explaining to you why you are wrong saying that and..very unfair.
I don't want to impose my view to anyone we're here to share our experiences, our point of view and discuss about that passion. It is not a personal thing, it's objective : ppf is near to the gen and overall better than PF and MKF. Like the 5167 ZF compared to KMF, V6F ecc

Lx-R5trt-Dpbxhkrsha6o-TZDPPEr-a8-Q4-O0s-e-Ydle2-Lw.jpg

PATEK.png

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Damn, so I have to find another excuse for not buying it, and it's becoming so difficult … yours look so perfect.
Thank you!

How often should i post gen pictures with a too long crown? :D

i‘ve posted several ones in the past... and still there are complains about this silly thing. Once you have it in your hands and on your wrist every doubt should be gone as the over all appearance is what really matters and not 0.1mm differences in specs compared to the gen.

Dont ruin a possible joy - give it a try - if you dont like it flip it in a sec in the M2M area - should not be a big deal :)

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
OverTheTop moved your response here, no need to continue it over the wristshot thread.

My virtual tone are lower than yours, trust me! You should know that tones in a forum could be easly misunderstood and mine are quiet

So you are saying that tone can be misinterpreted but yet your talking about mine like you know how it is ... well, doesn't start well for the credibility of your next arguments... :silly:

I read everyday only Patek and AP section and my attention goes only to 5711, 5167, 15400, 15450, 15202, 67650 and 15703. Sometimes I read about Daytona too but this is not important. You're right I never posted my comparisons or my studies about these reps, just some considerations in some threads..but if I talk about something is not just because "I heard about it" but because I had those in my hand and compared to a gen.
Unfortunately until now, talking about PPF, i had in hand only the white one so, dial color apart, I can talk about it just considering it overall. For the blue dial, just seeing those 2 photos*, you can undestrand that PPF blue dial is better than PF.

So like I said, nothing added to the debate, nothing reliable about your infos, just opinions stated as facts.
PPF blue dial is different, but is it better ? It's in the eye of the person wearing it

Why I state that PPF is better? Because MKF could have a nice dial but it has wrong date, it is too thick and the bracelet flexibility is not the best;

Remember and read again, I've never said that any model was better than the other, there's a compromise to make on every model at the moment, so you can't have a definitive answer on that, as people will find flaws and things they dislike in every model.
MKF is not thick at all, at least on the V5, it's exactly 9mm and bracelet is perfectly fine even for small wrists, but there's always bad batches and problems on reps, just look at the bracelets issue of the PPF

I could result repetitive and boring talking only about bracelet, thickness and dial but these are the elements that destinguish the watch.

Whatever that means, all of this have been discussed, well debated and currently we are finally reaching a consensus where we agree that all versions have their advantages and disadvantages and that it's not a bad thing as everyone can choose what he likes.
So posting to say that this or this model is better than the other is just plain wrong.

your MKF has be lucky with the bracelet or the one that I had in my hand was wrong, but comparing MKF/PF/PPF to the gen to me the best one result the PPF.

First sane thing you said : variability and personal opinion can produce different results, hence why I totally agree that mine can be a lucky draw (even though it's been backed up by numerous other buyers) and you could have been unlucky.

I still cannot undertand what are the false information

Well just here for example :

it's objective : ppf is near to the gen and overall better than PF and MKF

It's not objective at all, it's highly subjective and frankly it's just confusing people to see this old debate starting again

Reactions: Nivka