• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
I just want to share this for anyone doubting the PPF. I was at a restaurant yesterday where a gen owner approached me as i was leaving and he said, he couldn't help but notice my patek and looked at it and said i must not sell it because he regretted selling his and it's such a beautiful watch. All I said was thanks. Of course he had on a rose gold openworked double balance wheel AP with his ferrari keyfob in the other hand.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Thats the great thing about any rep over $300 or so. If you just look at it for 5 seconds as anyone does, its impossible to tell the difference. Theres no reason to question it and nobody knows all these little flaws of the different makers.

Cool story. ;-)

Reactions: Glaude

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I'm going with gen on the right, as the bracelet curves slightly which might be a sign of use. Nevertheless it illustrates how good is that rep!

Reactions: vcappp

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Can I change my mind? Looking at the photo again, I think Gen is on the right. And guess what, for your viewing pleasure, I present.....

RED LINES!!!!

Where I've marked the photo below it looks noticeably thicker on the left hand watch, both the thickness of that lower part of the case and also the protrusion of the case back. Is that where the extra 0.000000pube mm size difference comes from?

VRnMfF.jpg

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Can I change my mind? Looking at the photo again, I think Gen is on the right. And guess what, for your viewing pleasure, I present.....

RED LINES!!!!

Where I've marked the photo below it looks noticeably thicker on the left hand watch, both the thickness of that lower part of the case and also the protrusion of the case back. Is that where the extra 0.000000pube mm size difference comes from?

VRnMfF.jpg

I knew I was RIGHT!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
To judge the thickness like you guys are trying to do, photos need to be taken one by one with the watch on the same arm position otherwise you can try to guess all day.

i compared today PPF and PF, PF quality is superior to the PPF. The besel issue on the ppf is due to the polishing surroundings being thinner than both gen and PF.

About the MKF color being right as posted by Ultra929 i have to add that after also the feedback from BIONONE that:
Yes, the color may be closer, but the dial is off dimmension wise, this makes hard to adapt a 1:1 date disk.

odonreps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
On the realistic note. I was at a dealer with the anniversary platinum version in the showcase. I was talking to him with my ppf on, and he also was talking as if mine was the real thing. Thats a good rep.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
On the realistic note. I was at a dealer with the anniversary platinum version in the showcase. I was talking to him with my ppf on, and he also was talking as if mine was the real thing. Thats a good rep.

white or blue? :)

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

It's very unlikely that an authorised dealer would call you out or even make a weird comment about your replica. But that's not because he or she didn't recognise it as a fake, but more because they are advised not to do so. An AD complimenting your replica is just a sales technique and unfortunately means nothing in terms of how accurate is the watch.

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18

RED LINES!!!!

Aha, Mr Ginger, you cheated, uh!? No enlarged pics allowed...... :)

btw, watches are in slightly different positions, so whenever my comparison is done I’d try to solve it and show as much as possible the same perspective.

And.... why not enlarge the pic, anyway? Well, bc we don’t see people wearing magnifying glasses around ( well, maybe if they are from here, maybe...), so let the image speak the way it does .

enjoy. :)

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Aha, Mr Ginger, you cheated, uh!? No enlarged pics allowed...... :)

And.... why not enlarge the pic, anyway? Well, bc we don’t see people wearing magnifying glasses around ( well, maybe if they are from here, maybe...), so let the image speak the way it does .

I forgot the rule!!! :oops:

Sorry!

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hahaha, ok you are pardoned , this time....

Guys, I think you need to call for help of that guy that could see the difference from 20 metres away.... ! Don’t recall his handle, though

​​​​​​:)

There's not only one of them, that's the problem !

Plus you'll only see them coming when they are sure of the answer, you'll say which one is the gen and you'll see : "I was sure it was this one the gen, shame I didn't see this before !" but now that I said that, maybe they won't come again.... :lol:

Reactions: Hinclimincli

BIONONE

28/4/17
Chaosg Alright let me chime in - first of all thank you for the opportunity to let us all prove our ability to stand up to the bold statements of the "instant tells" that occurred over the past hundred sites of this thread.

from a distance both watches look very much the same - at first glance - without further examination - just like one could imagine in real life beside the dark side of a rep forum with a bunch of knowledgable members who can spot the differences when looking closer - and even with some phenomenal people who could spot 0.3mm just by smelling and hearing the watch on the wrist - possibly even from 20m distance ;)

my observation tells me that we have to be very careful with suggestive posts like this as the recipient expects a gen and a rep in the picture.

To heat the debate up a bit more i will say something crazy - what if there is no gen shown in the picture and there are two reps from different makers? Or possibly a gen and a completely different rep? ;)

There are causes for my doubts - think about it hehe.

(the side of the case profile(bezel/mid case/case back of the PPF are identical to the rep whereas the shown watches are not identical looking at the bezel height and first integrated links) - ups that could be a secret hint hehe)

BIONONE

28/4/17
the side of the case profile(bezel/mid case/case back of the PPF are identical to the rep whereas the shown watches are not identical looking at the bezel height and first integrated links) - ups that could be a secret hint hehe

was about to write that the profiles of the PPF are identical to the gen. Switched the terms...

nautilus-jumbo-5711-super-replication-ppf-1-1-best-edition-gray-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-ppf324.jpg

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
It's very unlikely that an authorised dealer would call you out or even make a weird comment about your replica. But that's not because he or she didn't recognise it as a fake, but more because they are advised not to do so. An AD complimenting your replica is just a sales technique and unfortunately means nothing in terms of how accurate is the watch.

You are 100% correct.
My friend used to work in Rolex AD and he always talked about how many people had reps on their wrists .
and yes sales people can spot reps even very good reps but they are not allowed to call them out - unless it’s a new sales person.
As far as I remember not calling replicas was ad policy.
in other words, if you take replica to AD you will most likely make totall ass of yourself but salespeople will pretend it’s real.