• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
1st time i see its white and gold. But now is blue and black. Why is that? o_O

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I posted this before but for those who haven’t seen. MKF on left.

VRy55r.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
:lol: That put in perspective the opinion related to colours of dials :giggle:

Just to clear things up, the dress color is not up to debate, it has been shown it was a blue & black dress all along (quick google will show you) (if you remove the troll that modified the picture to make it actually white and gold at some point).

I've never seen it white & gold

I posted this before but for those who haven’t seen. MKF on left.

Pretty damn good to me !

Reactions: stufuse

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Hi guys, thanks to Mr Bionone I learnt a bit how to put pics here. Still, I’m really not skilled on it, so please bear with me.

I have promised to post a comparison with details between my 5711 PPF and my 5711 Gen, so I’m working on it.

But before that, I’d like to ask you guys if you could tell me which one below is the genuine , if you’d like to play a bit.

please I’d kindly ask to not break my face .... :)

cheers

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Ooh, great game!!!! Let's do lots of these before you tell us. And mix it up, swap them over - try and trick us!!!

I'm saying Gen is left left and I'm basing that on the wonderful sheen of the bracelet, it looks smoother and sleeker and shinier! Lots of S's! Look at the top four links bouncing back light where as on the right hand bracelet, it just reflects light on a link and a half. I'm not saying I'm right as I've never seen a Gen, but that's my guess.

To be fair, it could just be the angle because on the right hand bracelet, the lower links seem to bounce more light back than the left bracelet. I don't know! I'm sticking with my choice. Gen left.

Reactions: vcappp

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
You were probably squinting so the onion fumes wouldn't make you cry.

-onion
+garlic

ut before that, I’d like to ask you guys if you could tell me which one below is the genuine , if you’d like to play a bit.

Answer purely based on details that has nothing to do with rep or gen, but I notice the one on the left has some scuff marks, so I would say this is the gen

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I say left, not necessarily because of the difference in thickness between the two but rather how it sits on your wrist. Not sure if it's because how it's positioned on your wrist/hand but that's how I imagined a gen would sit (flatter). Do we get to keep it if we're right ahahah.

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Nice answers, very good spirit!

well, let’s play this right , shall we?

My idea is to post some pics with no disclosure of which one is which until we see a trend, ok?

Secondly, my pics are to be taken at arms length, or at a reasonable distance that would be in the range of a person next to you checking your watch, or secondly the person checking it in his hands.

That’s meant to give you a real dimension of the watch and how it’s perceived, instead of that macro photos that are not what our eyes see....

So - DO NOT enlarge the pic , ok ? See what is there to be seen and let me know.

cheers

PS: DO NOT worry, this is not a test about if you know reps! The idea is to understand how your perception is instead, so just relax ... :)

Last edited:

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Hi guys, thanks to Mr Bionone I learnt a bit how to put pics here. Still, I’m really not skilled on it, so please bear with me.

I have promised to post a comparison with details between my 5711 PPF and my 5711 Gen, so I’m working on it.

But before that, I’d like to ask you guys if you could tell me which one below is the genuine , if you’d like to play a bit.

please I’d kindly ask to not break my face .... :)

cheers

Im going with Glaudes answer because of scuffs. Hey can you compare the beveled edges of the gen vs the rep? It appears that no reps have the 1/2mm bevel and polish like the gen. Thanks!

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Ooooooo this is fuuun! I'm going to say left is gen because the bracelet appears to have a slightly more aggressive taper. *Who knows*

Are they blue or white dial models? If blue, I'm afraid it will make me question going with that over white..

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Left is REP
Right is GEN

You know what, you made me guess again, I've looked at the pic again, you might be right, end links are more refined on the right one, I seem to see a better chamfer on the underside of the case too.
But I find the middle polished links to look better (not made better, jsut better look) on the left, but I think I'll follow you and say that right is gen

In the end, it's just show how good the rep is !