• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Good morning from sunny ish Blighty!

VcN593.jpg

4thWheel

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Hi all,

I'm a lurker on this forum really (especially this thread recently!)

I took the plunge and ordered the ppf blue 5711 about an hour after it went up on puretime and received it yesterday (fastest ever - ordered 9 reps from puretime by now- to UK).

Thought I'd share my opinion on the 'contentious bits' now it's in hand, hope it's useful for anyone wondering!

1) The dial - the blue is NOT purple, in any light. The iphone's white balance wants to render it so though - blue is one of the trickiest colours for digital sensors to get right, especially when next to skin tones for wrist shots (just look at the number of purple-ish skies you see). I'm a photographer on the side, speaking from 10 years experience. It's what I'd call 'straight blue' - not much of a suggestion of grey or green though except in certain lights. It does change an awful lot depending on the light, in a good way. It does darken towards the edges, but very subtly, less than I'd expected. Also, I can confirm there IS a sunburst effect - not as 'sharp' as it is on my noob V8 Hulk, but it's there. Markers etc are perfect, on mine anyway, bar the odd tiny dust imperfection you always seem to get with reps.

2) The wide bezel - doing a bit of digging (and this might just be me!) the newest 5711's with the 'joined bars PP logo' appear to have slightly wider bezels, as this one does. Having not seen one in the wild, can't be in any way sure (and let's face it - probably never will!) Head-on, it doesn't offend me, your mileage may vary.

3) Crown - no doubts, it definitely protrudes too far out, but we're talking less than 0.5mm ish, still very noticeable compared to gen.

4) Movement - deco plate is nicer than the one on my JF V4 15400, rotor is audible but not offensive (to me anyway). We're talking PP here, so anyone SOME familiarity will instantly call it out when armed with a loupe, not that that'll ever happen in real life either! (NB: I buy these because I love watches for what they are, never to pass them off as real).

5) DW - I'm no expert here, but it looks good in person, perfectly aligned and crisp, with a bit of 'paint depth' under magnification. Plenty of reference pics if you're on the fence vs gen.

6) General quality - I've never handled another high end 5711 rep, so I can't make direct comparisons. There's a little play in the bracelet and some sharpness on the internal faces, but really, it's the most comfortable of the 15+ watches I own (that's the original 70's design at work - it's like wearing air!) That said, the weight is nice given the thinness and it feels just as well made as the JF V4 15400, which is no slouch there. Mine has NO 'stock' scratches or blemishes - it came well packaged and wrapped up.

Anyway, hope that's helpful. Happy horological addictions everyone!

4thWheel

Horology Curious
12/1/19

OK - (plus my comments earlier) - these are iphone shots, but I've got a colour calibrated IPS monitor - I've manually white balanced them with the watch in front of me - this is as close to the real colour as I could get it. FYI - if you're viewing on a non-calibrated monitor, these are likely to come up a little bluer than on mine (NB: true story, most consumer monitors are balanced towards the blue, especially laptops, as, unbelievably, it makes them look 'shinier'/ more 'high-tech'). I didn't give the watch a serious clean, it's just off the wrist - the dusty bits are on the outside!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
OK - (plus my comments earlier) - these are iphone shots, but I've got a colour calibrated IPS monitor - I've manually white balanced them with the watch in front of me - this is as close to the real colour as I could get it. FYI - if you're viewing on a non-calibrated monitor, these are likely to come up a little bluer than on mine (NB: true story, most consumer monitors are balanced towards the blue, especially laptops, as, unbelievably, it makes them look 'shinier'/ more 'high-tech'). I didn't give the watch a serious clean, it's just off the wrist - the dusty bits are on the outside!

That's more like it, cheers!

That looks nice. I'd say that looks very similar to my MKFv5 colour irl.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
4thWheel That's some good feedback and first posts ! Congrats !

I do monitor calibration for professionals as part of my job (and previous commercial photographer) and I obviously work on a full-calibrated chain (dE < 0.3 on most of my monitor dE00 < 3) so it's refreshing to see someone commenting on the colour with the right tools & background to do so. Luckily for us, if the iPhone & other consumer smartphones have tweaks in their camera settings & colour balance, their screen has a very good colour rendition as you know, so given that this site is mostly browsed on mobile, everyone will be able to appreciate your pictures for what they are worth ! :)

As GingerBubba said, very close to Mkv5 colour !

4thWheel

Horology Curious
12/1/19
Yeah, the iphone/ other smartphones are pretty good - looking at these photos on mine, they're a little bluer than on my desktop, but pretty close. The colour calibration thing really is essential - especially with talk of tiny nuances in colour, based on un-edited out of camera stuff (although it CAN be close, damn good these days!) These were shot on an iphone6, which is OK at best unless worked on.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
From HKRWF

[h=1]F Super 1:1 Patek Philippe Nautilus Blue Comes!![/h] Collectionkobe posted on 2019-04-08 19:44
xuanchuandashi.png
yuanchuangdaren.png
shequmingxing.png
zuiaishafa.png
shimingrenzheng.png
yunliaoxianfeng.png

This post last edited by the kobe at 2019-4-10 11:08

on grain issues, RWI has been discussed a lot, the new face plate texture and color 18 years later are not the same as before, you can see two maps reference , PPF's integrity is very high... don't worry. The pictures on the official website are mixed, it is estimated that in order to let the new and old customers can find it, https://www.patek.com/chs /%E6%97%B6%E8%AE%A1%E7%B3%BB%E5%88%97/nautilus/5711-1A-010#&gid=1&pid=4
4-EA2-B9-DF-961-E-439-B-A710-2-AFACA6494-AB.jpg - 4-EA2-B9-DF-961-E-439-B-A710-2-AFACA6494-AB.jpg

New, bluer, broken lines
01-F14-D23-D212-4381-9-B9-D-B8485138-F6-E4.jpg - 01-F14-D23-D212-4381-9-B9-D-B8485138-F6-E4.jpg

The old model, the color is a bit grayer, the pattern runs through the dial 's hottest blue nautilus, plus PPF's strongest workmanship... it's perfect... the younger brother has left himself a self-wearing, listen to the manufacturer saying that he has sold , Pre-sale is very much... Good things are always in short supply, but fortunately I am quick to start, detoxification in the first 1:1 production, there is original contrast, the thickness is only 0.2mm thicker than the original, ppf parrot The screw is the most influential imitation of this year.

Edit:picr links of the photos

https://picr.me/image/VcY5Ge
https://picr.me/image/VcYa4K

:kenny:

:spamsong:

Reactions: vcappp

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
From HKRWF

PPF 5711 Blue Dial Review

​​​​​​ [h=1]Unpacking PPF NAUTILUS 5711/1A blue face plate (thanks to kobe big)[/h] CollectionTherion published on 2019-04-16 22:03
This post last edited by the Therion at 2019-4-16 22:09

first time to buy here and kobe large table, to open a box in memory of
just joined the forum are still looking to buy Which is good, it's right there PPF The blue face plate NAUTILUS 5711 is on sale.
So I will order it if I don’t want to talk about it. I should be the first to start~~ I am
really satisfied with the texture after receiving the watch, and it’s very good to wear it in these two days. It’s
not a matter of nonsense, just look at the picture directly, see if it will be poisonous to a few people.:slap:

Edit:picr links of the photos

https://picr.me/image/VchZTA
https://picr.me/image/VchDET
https://picr.me/image/VchEUQ
https://picr.me/image/VchW4f
https://picr.me/image/VchbGX
https://picr.me/image/Vch1Kp
https://picr.me/image/VchJYs
https://picr.me/image/VchUUh
https://picr.me/image/VchRaD

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Now im super confused with this Blue dial photos...

If i get a blue dial, once it arrived will it look blue like in the photos posted by 4thWheel
or purple AF like in the HKRWF photos posted?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Reactions: vcappp

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Hi all,

I'm a lurker on this forum really (especially this thread recently!)

I took the plunge and ordered the ppf blue 5711 about an hour after it went up on puretime and received it yesterday (fastest ever - ordered 9 reps from puretime by now- to UK).

Thought I'd share my opinion on the 'contentious bits' now it's in hand, hope it's useful for anyone wondering!

1) The dial - the blue is NOT purple, in any light. The iphone's white balance wants to render it so though - blue is one of the trickiest colours for digital sensors to get right, especially when next to skin tones for wrist shots (just look at the number of purple-ish skies you see). I'm a photographer on the side, speaking from 10 years experience. It's what I'd call 'straight blue' - not much of a suggestion of grey or green though except in certain lights. It does change an awful lot depending on the light, in a good way. It does darken towards the edges, but very subtly, less than I'd expected. Also, I can confirm there IS a sunburst effect - not as 'sharp' as it is on my noob V8 Hulk, but it's there. Markers etc are perfect, on mine anyway, bar the odd tiny dust imperfection you always seem to get with reps.

2) The wide bezel - doing a bit of digging (and this might just be me!) the newest 5711's with the 'joined bars PP logo' appear to have slightly wider bezels, as this one does. Having not seen one in the wild, can't be in any way sure (and let's face it - probably never will!) Head-on, it doesn't offend me, your mileage may vary.

3) Crown - no doubts, it definitely protrudes too far out, but we're talking less than 0.5mm ish, still very noticeable compared to gen.

4) Movement - deco plate is nicer than the one on my JF V4 15400, rotor is audible but not offensive (to me anyway). We're talking PP here, so anyone SOME familiarity will instantly call it out when armed with a loupe, not that that'll ever happen in real life either! (NB: I buy these because I love watches for what they are, never to pass them off as real).

5) DW - I'm no expert here, but it looks good in person, perfectly aligned and crisp, with a bit of 'paint depth' under magnification. Plenty of reference pics if you're on the fence vs gen.

6) General quality - I've never handled another high end 5711 rep, so I can't make direct comparisons. There's a little play in the bracelet and some sharpness on the internal faces, but really, it's the most comfortable of the 15+ watches I own (that's the original 70's design at work - it's like wearing air!) That said, the weight is nice given the thinness and it feels just as well made as the JF V4 15400, which is no slouch there. Mine has NO 'stock' scratches or blemishes - it came well packaged and wrapped up.

Anyway, hope that's helpful. Happy horological addictions everyone!
You just convinced me to pull the trigger on the blue one.

J.B.Thomas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/13
I noticed that Trusty just came out with the Gray dual 5711 PPF. How authentic is this one? I tried looking for a gray dial 5711 with minimum luck.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

J.B.Thomas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/13
I noticed that Trusty just came out with the Gray dual 5711 PPF. How authentic is this one? I tried looking for a gray dial 5711 with minimum luck.

Sent from the RWI App