• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Midnightx

17/3/17
I just got qc pictures of the same exact watch from before with the inverted 11hr marker. So this td was told the marker was completely wrong by the other user but tries to pawn it off on me? lol

Reactions: vcappp

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
I just got qc pictures of the same exact watch from before with the inverted 11hr marker. So this td was told the marker was completely wrong by the other user but tries to pawn it off on me? lol

Seriously ? that's not cool.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

Seriously ? that's not cool.

That's normal, maybe another user won't be fussed about that and will accept the watch, as long as he does agree to change it I understand that the TD is trying to avoid restocking from the wholesaler or factory

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That's normal, maybe another user won't be fussed about that and will accept the watch, as long as he does agree to change it II understand that the TD is trying to avoid restocking from the wholesaler or factory

Hmmmm. Normal for most TDs, yes, but it shouldn't be.

And as for someone not being fussed and accepting it, I think it's for more likely that another user won't notice it during the QC process and will be sick to the pit of his stomach when he finally does spot the flaw on his wrist.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
That's normal, maybe another user won't be fussed about that and will accept the watch, as long as he does agree to change it I understand that the TD is trying to avoid restocking from the wholesaler or factory

Well, I'd consider it normal if it was a non aligned marker, a Rolex rehaut that doesn't have the coronet 100% centered, or a Royal Oak with a slightly short gap between the A and P in the logo. But this is a marker UPSIDE DOWN, man... This is not a matter of a customer being picky or not, it's a watch that should not come out from a factory unless you sell it at a good discount.

StressfulMicrowave

Horology Curious
20/5/15

Reject it citing the same reason I did, it only took 24hrs to receive new qc pictures and the new one I got is perfect.

Ethically it is questionable but like the others have said eventually they will find someone who accepts it, they've already purchased the watch so they're out of pocket if they don't try and sell it

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Guys, we have a problem. This is the front page of the Patek forum lol:

Vc259K.png

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Hmmmm. Normal for most TDs, yes, but it shouldn't be.

That wasn't my point, I agree with you it shouldn't be, but it's also the consequence of people rejecting watches for various stupid reasons

Before you guys get that wrong : I don't agree with the practice, but it's a common one, that what I was trying to say

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
That wasn't my point, I agree with you it shouldn't be, but it's also the consequence of people rejecting watches for various stupid reasons

Before you guys get that wrong : I don't agree with the practice, but it's a common one, that what I was trying to say

apart from the rejecting watches for various stupid reasons, I agree, Trusted Dealers should not do that . period!!! Bad taste in my mouth now. Brrrrrr

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
'I don't see the issue [with it]' is what you wrote. Which made me think that you didn't see an issue with it.

=

?

Man, those gingers really shouldn't be allowed near a computer or near a old cathedral from what I've been told...

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17

I've 3 Qc until get one i satisfied with.
Mostly a little misaligned on 9 and 12.
It is black marker on white dial so if someone say don't bother, that's cool
but IMO once you see it, it's there.

Pure time, Elena, is pretty patient dealing with me.

Chaosg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Hi guys, I've just received today my 5711 white dial.

I'd say it's, really, quite good. I have the gen 5711 blue dial , from 2012, and I have compared some features between both.

I'll try to post a much more detailed comparison this weekend or middle of next week, of course including pics ( as soon as I could manage to use the tools here).

Btw, the thickness measured on PPF white was 8.55mm, and the thickness of gen was 8.43mm. It's quite amazing because the Sellita version I had for years ( that has a very good colour, but wrong piano pattern and plain but Swiss movmt) is 9.72mm.

If you allow me to say, comparing the movement of PPF and gen, it's really hard to spot big differences, even the gleaming is quite good on the PPF. I could note the missing screw head near the PP logo , though -- which also is an issue present on my ZF 5292 and I guess on every other ZF/PPF's. Anyway, it's very very hard to tell it's a replica !

As a little detail, besides the bezel issue, I guess I've figured out why the crown protrudes the way it does - to me seemed that the problem is not only the crown length but also the case indentation is too shallow.

Anyway, enjoy yours!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I'll try to post a much more detailed comparison this weekend or middle of next week, of course including pics ( as soon as I could manage to use the tools here

Looking forward to your review! If you need help using the tools - let me know and send me a PM i will kindly try to help you.