• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
If anyone wants to send me their white dial PPF for a comparison vs gen dial in PF casing, PM me. I'll take pics and send it back within the week and add to my white dial thread

Edit: and make sure you're CONUS :)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

2xr make it look less like the gen, it can be beautiful but you know how some people are with the "gen like" appearance ! I like the lack of AR but I understand some people dislike that and change it (that's the magic of the rep game, you can do what you want for cheap !)

Reactions: SmartyPants

Genta2014

Patron
Certified
31/3/14
For me, that crown just looks not right. Say what you want about PF, but with service, 2xr and DWO, I think it's still a winner
ab3e3564d8b329ad0edf3d656331bcb6.jpg

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Agree!

StressfulMicrowave

Horology Curious
20/5/15
I'm having a hard time placing bb-code images here suddenly, but here goes again from desktop...

Here's my straight-on QC pic in which I noticed the droopy 12 but as I'm feeling less anal about discrepancies in the ~.02mm range, and I try to respect the time of the dealers I work with, I approved. 2nd pic is the watch on my wrist yesterday on the way to the post office... I've packed it back up and sent to WatchKnob for the silent treatment.

Hope these work

Great, thank you for the photos Soloist. I would certainly be happy if mine was like that, I'm currently waiting for new QC pictures for a new watch after rejecting the inverted 11:00 marker

Reactions: Soloist

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Ja as long as im aware that model only came out on white gold with black leather strap but dang the dial looks good.

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

Kind of - but there is the white gold gen with leather strap which was initially never launched on a bracelet - anyways the grey dial is a nice addition to the 5711 range.

At one point one could embrace the watch as what it is rather than picking the most genuine like appearance over other possible preferences. Just like there are some complete custom build franken watches that never existed in gen but the owners and modders could stop being paranoid about being called out or wearing a watch that is not exactly like the gen while it is still a decently made watch without glaring quality issues which get the most attention from non-watchenthusiast most of the time if they even mention you are wearing a watch...

puh too much words ;)

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Kind of - but there is the white gold gen with leather strap which was initially never launched on a bracelet - anyways the grey dial is a nice addition to the 5711 range.

At one point one could embrace the watch as what it is rather than picking the most genuine like appearance over other possible preferences. Just like there are some complete custom build franken watches that never existed in gen but the owners and modders could stop being paranoid about being called out or wearing a watch that is not exactly like the gen while it is still a decently made watch without glaring quality issues which get the most attention from non-watchenthusiast most of the time if they even mention you are wearing a watch...

puh too much words ;)

Yes. Years ago a friend of mine had a Yachtmaster, the Rolesium version, and he had a custom MOP dial with ruby and sapphire markers. Looked fake, was 100% gen.

nomore1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/18
Was worried about the bezel but based on the below doesn't seem to be a huge issue
Still think it's not 1:1 but it's actually not that bad
Thoughts?

Capturedf07f5dc6cdfa748.png

Last edited:

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Was worried about the bezel but based on the below doesn't seem to be a huge issue
Still think it's not 1:1 but it's actually not that bad
Thoughts?

The lines don't go to the far right end of the picture, you should reject it, I mean, you gonna get called out from miles away with those lines not being complete !

Look at those gen lines :

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
The lines don't go to the far right end of the picture, you should reject it, I mean, you gonna get called out from miles away with those lines not being complete !

Look at those gen lines :

Once you notice the difference in bezel width, you can't unsee it.