• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm wondering whether the bezel could be modded to be closer to gen specs in terms of thickness. There's really talented modders here doing awesome things on vintage Rolex, Daytona, APs. Now the shape of a 5711 bezel is altogether so simple and so complex that I'm not sure whether it's possible to get something nice.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
I’ll have this in my hands next week.

Will do a review then.

Looks decent in pictures but I feel that the dial and hands finishing is not the best...when compared with for example VSF Omega

e80134ba24b077a39756fa3eae2dd599.jpg

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
I’ll have this in my hands next week.

Will do a review then.

Looks decent in pictures but I feel that the dial and hands finishing is not the best...when compared with for example VSF Omega

e80134ba24b077a39756fa3eae2dd599.jpg

That actually look very decent. DWO also look great there. Is that PPF, and which TD?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
That is PPF and it doesn't matter which TD it is from. TD's aren't factories. In any case, KS watches is a td here :)

*supporting vendor, but close enough ;)

how often do you want to repeat it over and over?

Until we say "yes, all knowing master" :lol:

I'm wondering whether the bezel could be modded to be closer to gen specs in terms of thickness

I think it need an angle modification of the chamfer around the case to get to the correct width

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
That is PPF and it doesn't matter which TD it is from. TD's aren't factories. In any case, KS watches is a td here :)

Thank you. Good to know.I will say, though, that i've had different experience swith the quality of the QCs depending on TD. That's the only reason I ask. I've had a lot of success with Ryan from InTime.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I think it need an angle modification of the chamfer around the case to get to the correct width

My thoughts exactly, but I'm not sure how feasible this is to do so while respecting the geometry of the bezel which is both nicely rounded but somewhat "angular at the same time and remain even all around the bezel. This shape is really a piece of poetry :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
My thoughts exactly, but I'm not sure how feasible this is to do so while respecting the geometry of the bezel which is both nicely rounded but somewhat "angular at the same time and remain even all around the bezel. This shape is really a piece of poetry :)

It is a difficult modification to reshape a Nautilus or Royal Oak bezel, not to be undertaken without precision lapping equipment and even then it will take alot of time. I would suggest that people look through their graveyard of past Nautilus parts and use a substitute bezel from another manufacturer if they are concerned about the width of their PPF Nautilus bezels. I would surely advise against anybody "going at" a Nautilus bezel reshape project with a Dremel.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Thank you. Good to know.I will say, though, that i've had different experience swith the quality of the QCs depending on TD. That's the only reason I ask. I've had a lot of success with Ryan from InTime.

To be fair, after some years I have to admit the above is correct. I don't know exactly why, but with some websites (*cough! Josh *cough!) I always received watches that had issues, whether we talk about impossible to unscrew bracelets, to cranky winding movements, to some tiny specks of rust or slightly but noticeably misaligned markers that didn't show in the QC pics. Whereas with Ryan I have always received top shelf watches. Same goes with Toro, the PF I have came from him and as you can see all the markers are spot on.

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Jesus, some of you guys. First date wheel mods now bezel mods? And you still do this as a "hobby only" and not to flex with your cool, expensive Patek? Lol.

It's part of the game for some of us. Not much of a hobby if its just buying watches and nit-picking on the forums is it?

Reactions: Soloist