• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I don't know what you're trying to say but it's clear from the first shots on intime, to now it's appearing on other TD's and videos that the blue is nothing like the gen colour

Not "trying" to say anything else than what I said, not all of us have used render picture to compare and forge an opinion on the fact that this dial, especially in video isn't "nothing like gen" as you said

I reserve my own judgement for more pics from member that'll play the guinea pig, but so far, nothing can allow me to think that this dial is a fail.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Not "trying" to say anything else than what I said, not all of us have used render picture to compare and forge an opinion on the fact that this dial, especially in video isn't "nothing like gen" as you said

I reserve my own judgement for more pics from member that'll play the guinea pig, but so far, nothing can allow me to think that this dial is a fail.

Really?? I find that crazy - I mean from all of the gen pics posted in this thread, from any gen you can look up on insta/google images.. literally nothing looks anything close to the rep dial no matter what lighting situation they are in.

Have you seen (a picture/video) of a gen that has that dark/purple blue colour?

Reactions: LuminorReptar

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Really?? I find that crazy - I mean from all of the gen pics posted in this thread, from any gen you can look up on insta/google images.. literally nothing looks anything close to the rep dial no matter what lighting situation they are in.

Have you seen (a picture/video) of a gen that has that dark/purple blue colour?

I even made a post about how close the Mk V5 is, with multiple pics of gen under various lighting conditions and of my rep under various lighting conditions, and to me this PPF blue is perhaps a bit too dark from what we have known, but TD pics for the Mk V5 weren't really better.
The video is my comparison point, not so much the TD pics.

And I've seen gen like that, in the flesh, not only in pictures, it takes time to sort out the massive amount of greyish dial on Google images, but ultimately, you find some wrist shot outside of the gen, showing a dark blue

I'm not trying to force you to believe that, I respect your opinion on the matter even if I disagree, I'm just fighting against absolute post that doesn't add a grain of salt to their comment, it's a forum, I'm sure in real life everything would be much clearer in a discussion, but here, taking more care about what we say, can't hurt and would certainly make those thread more enjoyable

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I even made a post about how close the Mk V5 is, with multiple pics of gen under various lighting conditions and of my rep under various lighting conditions, and to me this PPF blue is perhaps a bit too dark from what we have known, but TD pics for the Mk V5 weren't really better.
The video is my comparison point, not so much the TD pics.

And I've seen gen like that, in the flesh, not only in pictures, it takes time to sort out the massive amount of greyish dial on Google images, but ultimately, you find some wrist shot outside of the gen, showing a dark blue

I'm not trying to force you to believe that, I respect your opinion on the matter even if I disagree, I'm just fighting against absolute post that doesn't add a grain of salt to their comment, it's a forum, I'm sure in real life everything would be much clearer in a discussion, but here, taking more care about what we say, can't hurt and would certainly make those thread more enjoyable

You are wasting your time here. Try to find a post from this fella that is not purely negative, and you will see what I mean. I dare you!

Soloist

4/5/17
United States
I just ordered a white dial, too impatient to wait for real-world assessment of the blue dial. BTW Soloist I would happily accept the version you got, that difference in the alignment of the 12 markers seems totally minor to me. Is it that they're not perfectly aligned with each other? It's not that they're crooked? I struggled to see it at first, but seems like that's also the case in the dealer's photos also.

Agree. It seems to be either that the left 12 marker sits a little lower or that they're too far apart... Care to PM Me your front-facing QC pic? I'd like to compare with mine.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I feel like this still discussion has taken a turn to focus on what we don't have, which is important yes, but I still see this as incremental progress and great news for all of us. Look at what the new release gives us:

☑ Better thickness
☑ Great date font
☑ Lume pips that are the right color and aren't filled with toothpaste
☑ Decent finish
☑ Good proportions (can fit gen parts most likely)
☑ Movement balance wheel is correct
☑ Updated box logo on the dial
☐ Bluish gray dial color

I'm just trying to be an optimist. This is not a 'definite no buy at all' for the blue dial, it's a luke warm one at best for me. I personally see it as an upgrade from PF in most respects.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I feel like this still discussion has taken a turn to focus on what we don't have, which is important yes, but I still see this as incremental progress and great news for all of us. Look at what the new release gives us:

☑ Better thickness
☑ Great date font
☑ Decent finish
☐ Bluish gray dial color

I'm just trying to be an optimist. This is not a 'definite no buy at all' for the blue dial, it's a luke warm one at best for me. I personally see it as an upgrade from PF in most respects.

Thanks for this post ! Definitely like that way of thinking !

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12

☑ Better thickness
☑ Great date font
☑ Decent finish
☐ Bluish gray dial color

You are right, it’s a big overall improvement, the dial maybe they will get right in v2 or later and we still haven’t seen how it looks in direct natural light.

Your posts also shows that they ticked all the boxes for the white one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18

☑ Better thickness
☑ Great date font
☑ Decent finish
☐ Bluish gray dial color

To my taste, it's not perfect but it's a super rep, beyond most of our expectations.

Anyone who wants to have a very good Nautilus rep, should pull the trigger on this one.

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
You are right, it’s a big overall improvement, the dial maybe they will get right in v2 or later and we still haven’t seen how it looks in direct natural light.

They are chinese reppers and clearly take care of the business. Do not expect a huge dial improvement without screwing up other thing.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16

Yeah, and even if they don't have a v2, we have dealt with bad blue dials for years and still have fun experiencing the replicas. This dial isn't so bad that I wanna skip it altogether, it's actually passable and 'good enough' to me.

Reactions: Midnightx

aSlwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/17

☑ Better thickness
☑ Great date font
☑ Decent finish
☐ Bluish gray dial color

Definitely the way to go. More pros than cons in this release.
I bet the gen buyer is not as picky as some of us here, even paying 60k+.

ztealth

11/8/13
all the blue dial needs it a tint of green and it's already much closer to the gen.

Gaberusa

Known Member
15/10/12
Grey green hue it will be perfect
Like ocean blue green it’s really hard combination
Also I noticed that under sunlight or bright yellow lighting

Atlas.

Looking Around
6/4/19
guysgr Aside from the Dial, everything looks great out of box to me. Keep in mind that we’re getting the best thickness and an improved DW. And I totally agree with you on the platinum dial.

Reactions: vcappp