• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
No worries :) Glad that it helps!
The blue dial is definitely going to be released, I've seen the photo of the dial plate and the colour is indeed better than mks and pf (less electric bluish tone), the marker lume will be in white lume(so don't worry), great printing quality, and i love how the blue dial reflects the light(it looks almost dark blue), it is quite impressive, like it actually gives a gen-like depth and appearances.
Overall it's quite good, but I would 100% prefer the white over the blue dial if you want the best nautilus rep.

You are RIGHT!!!!! It looks really dark blue, strongly prefer the white dial after owning it, even the blue dial is better than pf and mks.

Reactions: BlackJaguar

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Blue is far too deep/dark imo. I will wait to see a few more pictures in different lights but if it confirms the color on Ryan’s pics I will place my order for the white.

I doubt they sourced a spare blue dial to rep it, pity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bill33 and gilrob

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Bildschirmfoto-2019-04-06-um-13-24-17.png

Markers, hands, date window and even the Patek Philippe Geneve writing look spot on! Dial color is somewhat on the dark side but we can't really confirm it. Anyway, I personally find this subtle dark blue much more attractive than the electric blue in previous models. Applause for PPF! Great job.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13

Markers, hands, date window and even the Patek Philippe Geneve writing look spot on! Dial color is somewhat on the dark side but we can't really confirm it. Anyway, I personally find this subtle dark blue much more attractive than the electric blue in previous models. Applause for PPF! Great job.

Notice that the date font being thinn looks very bad on the blue dial..

Reactions: Nivka and gilrob

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

Exactly. Two of the main points to improve were the misaligned markers and the green-ish lume, and they did it!

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Thought i would help by translating the points made in the video. Now i don't know if he's a factory shill or anything so... Pinch of salt.

Left is PPF, right is PF.

1:00-3:00: PPF dial is much better than anything we had before. There is a colour difference between the dial and the hands, which is as gen.

3:00-4:00 : General musing about how deco plates are useless and shouldn’t be used if it compromises thickness, because because the plates are not gonna convince anybody anyway

4:00-4:20: The thickness of the PF and PPF he has is the same, at 8.7mm.

4:20-5:20: Much improved clasp over PF, fixed the stiffness issues and better engraving. Bracelet feel is similar, but PPF is more flexible.

6:00-8:00: Overall dimensions are the same, but PPF has wider bezel (the brushed part). Affects the overall proportions. PPF feels bigger than gen because of the larger brushed area. According to the guy this is the biggest problem. Date font and centering on PPF is better than PF, but PPF QC is not great in this area (ref 7:37, he shows two PPF models with different font and alignment).

8:00-9:40: Bracelet feels thinner, he likes how flexible the individual links are. Initially PPF will feel more comfortable, but he says his personal PF has loosened up to a similar feel after a few months.

10:00-end: PPF is best OOTB, love the dial, but he really hates the bezel issue. Generally complains about 9015 rotor noise. No news on the blue dial.

Ok, dumb question here: What are the chances a PF bezel will work on a PPF? Im def going to try out when mine arrives.

applestooranges

Known Member
18/7/18
Ok, dumb question here: What are the chances a PF bezel will work on a PPF? Im def going to try out when mine arrives.

Who knows haha. Both factories have supposedly replicated the watch from a gen but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that the construction is the same. I guess even if they don't fit you could pop the dial and movement into the PPF, you lose a fraction of an mm but gain a decent DW and an amazing dial. Either way.... Take pics!

gilrob According to the blackjaguar review the difference in bezel brushing is only a tiny fraction of an mm, but its driving me crazy how visible it is in photos. I get the feeling its because they widened out the top bit, so you lose the flattened profile near the top of the bezel. FWIW he mentioned in the review that it wasn't visiblein hand so... :)

Last edited:

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Who knows haha. Both factories have supposedly replicated the watch from a gen but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that the construction is the same. I guess even if they don't fit you could pop the dial and movement into the PPF, you lose a fraction of an mm but gain a decent DW and amazing dial. Either way.... Take pics!

gilrob According to the blackjaguar review the difference in bezel brushing is only a tiny fraction of an mm, but its driving me crazy how visible it is in photos. I get the feeling its because they widened out the top bit, so you lose the flattened profile near the top of the bezel. FWIW he mentioned in the review that it wasn't visiblein hand so... :)

I kinda like the rest of the watch. Truth be told *NO ONE* and I mean *NO ONE* including myself is going to be able to call you out over fat bezel. Unless you make these things for a living and handle them daily. What are the chances a Patek worker is going to get their hands on my watch?

I get it, we seek perfection. I do like the PPF bracelet, deco plate and most importantly the dial and getting the DW right. Big progress.

On the blue dial, Im prob going to pass. I have the PF with datewheel Mod, moved markers and I went for 2xAR just for fun. So Im not too jammed up over 1:1 gen. Lets see what PPF v2 blue looks like, lol

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
The blue dial is somewhat disappointing in those photos, but I will reserve my judgement until I see better photos. Let’s see that photos/videos Puretime releases. Curious to see whether the dial looks better in natural light.

Last edited:

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Hmmmm, not sure what to make of it. It’s nice in its own right but it’s not close to any 5711 I’ve seen. I like the darkness of the blue but it lacks the green/turquoise/grey hue.
Looks like the 40th anniversary dial.

I’m still going to pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk