• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Wow I’m useless posts..
See real thickness here

Yes they are.
And you proved it by quoting a press release for the platinum version, with some info already given here, with all the caveats existing between a wanted thickness and the unavoidable variability of the production of such case.
To me, gen is around 8.3, can be 8.4 give or take, but that doesn't change anything in regard to this release, right ? Nobody said this rep was equal to the gen. So why do you insist so much on it ? What do you have against Ryan that has just done his part regarding this release, nothing else.

It seems that the proportions of the PPF ring are wrong. seems too large compared to GEN and PF.

Hard to compare those pics, too much factor at play can explain this. Barrel/cushion distortion of the lens for example. Could be a bit wider but on those pic it seems very very wide

Reactions: stufuse

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
It seems that the proportions of the PPF ring are wrong. seems too large compared to GEN and PF.
849a16357233a04fdd75c5b40052849f.jpg
414cf398c74b2a56c23af5d75c233d41.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Maybe you have a valid point but these pictures taken in different settings don’t really allow us to compare properly.

BIONONE is right, to really compare them we must check pictures taken under the same lighting with the same camera. So far only Ryan posted a side by side, wether you chose to trust him or no that’s another story.

b943071f7bf45ae47542f97e7997488d.jpg
aa612a33c0e7e2d1f38423c0c5b51228.jpg
7e7c49452542bb265dfb38b1b82795ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyway I’m here just For Help not attacking, it’s Reps, this place for information , but some members very sensitive .

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Anyway I’m here just For Help not attacking, it’s Reps, this place for information , but some members very sensitive

You didn't not help anyone here, in this thread at least (I don't judge you for other contributions) you only complained and been annoying

We got it, you don't like this release because you think it's still too thick, that's your right and you are of course free to say it, but don't try to convince other of that by feeding them false information or information with the only source being : "Dude, trust me"

The only sensitive member here is GingerBubba but he can't help it, he was born like that :lol:

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
The flank of the bezel looks a little steeper, this maybe where some of the monstrous extra 0.4mm is coming from.

I don’t tend to care too much about these sorts of differences.

I almost didn’t buy the ARF sub because of the experts saying the lugs were boxy and crown guards wrong.

To me it’s the finishing that’s more important, lume application, date window and hour marker alignment, polishing and brushing, dial print etc.

I care more about my fake watch looking beautiful then looking exactly the same as the genuine (which they never do)

This PPF looks great.

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08
This is so awesome! I will definitely order it, once the black or blue dial is out. Any info on when they are released?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
This is so awesome! I will definitely order it, once the black or blue dial is out. Any info on when they are released?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ryan from InTime indicated that the blue dial should be released in two weeks or so.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
BlackJaguar Like I said before I’m awaiting your review too. Personally I’m tired of all this whining lol.

Absolutely, bro. None of this dilly dally, shit. Going to take straight measurements, take some high quality photos, and give my honest (unbiased) impressions. The PPF is coming in today. So, I'll likely provide initial impressions, and then provide something more thorough during the weekend.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I have PF, MK, and will receive my PPF soon. We'll get to the bottom of everything this weekend with photos and thorough comparison.

thanks for your contribution here. Please include a comparison of the thickness each. thanks.

Because we see...

one PPF watch shows 9mm
5b9685ff01ed1e6a3c6b47ca6e58ec47.jpg

the other PPF watch shows 8.6mm
280c1a31155e8afbb800bf5553113423.jpg

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
About 10 years ago I was wearing a 7750 Daytona rep. Ran into an old friend who was CEO of public company, he had nice watch collection and all that comes with wealth. He noticed my new version Daytona with silver dial - supposed to be white gold. He asks to see it. I take off and he handles having owned an older Daytona.

He says to me: "They made it thicker!" and handed it back to me. End of story.