• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
For my experience, only on time I spotted rep watches. Where I was by the pool table in the office and saw bunch of Indian contractors each one of them was wearing daytona. Nothing against Indian folks but come on....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
The flaws are actually so obvious though

I went to a drinking party last weekend wearing my pf nautilus, there were two gentlemen standing near me and began staring at my watch. I tried not to look nervous and act confident, but then they started chatting and I heard them mumbling “12hour minute marker is misaligned” “looks 1mm thick”. I decided to pull down my sleeves, only showed half of the watch, I then distinctly heard “Datewheel is too tiny”, I began to panic. I was so nervous as I didn’t want them to expose my replica, I quickly finished my champagne so I could walk away, but one of the gentlemen immediately came over to me and asked, “would you like another glass of champagne? “

Haha firstly, 0.38 is not a give away. I’m pretty sure they judge you from the start not the watch.

2ndly, they sure know about the rep game. If not they can’t tell the datewheel or thickness for sure. They just wanna expose you and wait for you to say is rep =] this is why they check it and pulls up your sleeve to check the datewheel.

Every AP owners here. All the ROO is almost 2mm thickness but still after all the mod you can still at least fools some nubs. So I’m sure the Two person know about rep game and just wanna expose you =]

Reactions: vcappp

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Well asked Sead to get me one as soon as available. He said days but I assume a week or two.

The Video and QC pictures of the white dial are now on Trusty the indices are really poorly applied looks like the standard ZF QC.

I just saw the video and thought it was a PF because of the misaligned indices at 12. ZF has had QC problems in the past, most notably in their IWC and Tudor models, but I thought they improved since then. This Nautilus is by PPF but they probably still have ZF assemblers. Something to watch out for.

Reactions: vcappp

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
Some people are whining about 0.38mm difference on a $500 rep when the gen costs 65k$. Doesn't make sense to me. Oh and I'm sure the 0.38mm or the crown is not the giveaway, it's probably the person wearing it that is the giveaway... Dog.

First of all its not .38 its more like .54 ....+ Whether it is $500 or $1,500 ....or $5,000 ....thats not the point. Some of us want perfect reps....the 65K gen is not actually worth 65k if you take away the brand. It is probably worth $2,000 or $3,000 bucks ...these manufacturers should be able to make one damn close. Its just a matter of time. DOG

Jean_Paul_Belmondo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/6/17
First of all its not .38 its more like .54 ....+ Whether it is $500 or $1,500 ....or $5,000 ....thats not the point. Some of us want perfect reps....the 65K gen is not actually worth 65k if you take away the brand. It is probably worth $2,000 or $3,000 bucks ...these manufacturers should be able to make one damn close. Its just a matter of time. DOG

You are saying the cost to manufacture is a couple of grands but that doesn't mean the price of a gen isn't 65k because when we talk nautilus we talk about the brand and the icon behind nautilus since the ref 3700. It is the same with any other luxury goods, because we do not buy only the good but we buy their name also.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Some of us want perfect reps

You have to realize, that this doesn't exist, and will never exist, you'll always find something different, have a look at the forum, look for other brands, see that even with the watch considered Not Worth Buying in Gen, people will find some flaws.

Chinese makers don't make mistakes, they just don't really care, they could do a perfect job, but that would require more quality control, less production, less quantity and ultimately less money, so they would greatly increase the cost, making buying a rep, not worth it at all !

You should lower your expectation on the replica games, otherwise, you'll only be disappointing and will not be able to enjoy simple things, that's just my advice on this game, listen to people that have been in it for a bit longer

Jean_Paul_Belmondo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
1/6/17
You have to realize, that this doesn't exist, and will never exist, you'll always find something different, have a look at the forum, look for other brands, see that even with the watch considered Not Worth Buying in Gen, people will find some flaws.

Be careful with this one Glaude, do not break his dream otherwise he will break your face :megalol:

PP4Ever

Known Member
8/12/17

DOG..

We all are looking for the Rep that "closest" to the genuine but at last, it is your choice to make.
$65K for the Gen , is it out of your reach? Is it worth to buy? Your choice.
$500 for this rep and IMO it is pretty damm close already, you like it or not , it is your choice

I don't want us all to lower the expectation to have a good rep close to gen , that would get the factory to improve but please enjoy and get excite when there are new closer rep show up.
Only complaining is not fun..

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
You are saying the cost to manufacture is a couple of grands but that doesn't mean the price of a gen isn't 65k because when we talk nautilus we talk about the brand and the icon behind nautilus since the ref 3700. It is the same with any other luxury goods, because we do not buy only the good but we buy their name also.

Are you real jean paul belmondo?
Big fan

Reactions: Jean_Paul_Belmondo

WatchCool90210

20/1/17
The flaws are actually so obvious though

I went to a drinking party last weekend wearing my pf nautilus, there were two gentlemen standing near me and began staring at my watch. I tried not to look nervous and act confident, but then they started chatting and I heard them mumbling “12hour minute marker is misaligned” “looks 1mm thick”. I decided to pull down my sleeves, only showed half of the watch, I then distinctly heard “Datewheel is too tiny”, I began to panic. I was so nervous as I didn’t want them to expose my replica, I quickly finished my champagne so I could walk away, but one of the gentlemen immediately came over to me and asked, “would you like another glass of champagne? “

sorry to say but your image was likely what led the others to question the legitimacy of your watch.

i know we all like to think we can pull off the big ticket watches (some of us it comes naturally because we can actually afford the gens) but as you learned the hard (and quite frankly, embarassing) way you dont have the image to do so.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Oh, and if you think the Thicknessgate (TM) is starting to sound really dumb, wait until the blue dial is released and people can share their "opinions" on the colour and how its so fake that it can be spotted from the moon...

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Oh, and if you think the Thicknessgate (TM) is starting to sound really dumb, wait until the blue dial is released and people can share their "opinions" on the colour and how its so fake that it can be spotted from the moon...

Lol, the way how the blue dial shines is so blue that even a blind man would open up his eyes and tell that’s a rep.

Last edited: