• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
You've ordered a blue PPF? I thought it's not out yet.

Well asked Sead to get me one as soon as available. He said days but I assume a week or two.

The Video and QC pictures of the white dial are now on Trusty the indices are really poorly applied looks like the standard ZF QC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoki

Horology Curious
18/6/13
Well asked Sead to get me one as soon as available. He said days but I assume a week or two.

The Video and QC pictures of the white dial are now on Trusty the indices are really poorly applied looks like the standard ZF QC.

Yeah, they look pretty shit on Trusty, makes me want to go for MKFv6 instead :\

Reactions: vcappp

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
Comparing a CG picture with a rep close up is the stupidiest thing that could happen on april the first and i hope it is a joke.

And for nomana - the „A“ was discussed a few pages ago and there are different gen variations with long and short feet on the A.

And anything else is just silly and hopefully also a aprils 1st joke ;)

Lol I just wanted to have some fun with him.
And thank you for reminding me about ‘A’ , I remember I saw that discussion before.

poinds

17/4/17
Yeah, they look pretty shit on Trusty, makes me want to go for MKFv6 instead :\

Just saw the video and yeah the 12:00 looks off but the rest seemed fine to me.

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
Yes you are

I saw a gen in person yesterday in a window display and it was SO thin. This still seems to have some heft to it. Small difference but to someone who knows anything about watches I think they would notice quickly

Midnightx

17/3/17
Honestly the crown doesn't bother me at all... it will just be easier to turn/manipulate lol the mkf i had was a pain in the ass to unscrew.
I want to get the white so bad but i'm waiting to see how well they do the blue dial so i don't have to pay shipping twice if they do it well ;) ;)

SmartyPants

18/5/17
REALLY ASHAME THAT THE PPF IS 8.89MM THICK. That is a huge bummer since it is being advertised as 8.5 ....Am I the only one who feels the thickness is a dead giveaway compared to gen. Not even close in thickness

There's different numbers floating around on the thickness, so it's not confirmed yet. And no, it'd be almost impossible to recognize a 0.39mm difference in thickness especially if the watch is on your wrist, where it should be. Unless you pass your watch around with a set of calipers for everyone to measure it. But even then, how many people would actually know about the actual thickness of the Nautilus? ;)

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I saw a gen in person yesterday in a window display and it was SO thin. This still seems to have some heft to it. Small difference but to someone who knows anything about watches I think they would notice quickly

No, they wouldn't, you wouldn't notice it either with the one on each of your wrist, this difference is so little that we need someone with a proper caliper or micrometer to clear that difference out.
Think about that, we are all waiting for measurement because to the naked eye, with gen and rep side by side, we aren't able to tell the difference !

I have a Mk V5 which is 9.012mm thick, I had the gen next to it, you can't see the difference unless you put them side by side, without a bracelet and look straight at their profile.

All this nitpicking about little details that are exaggerated on pictures (when they are not compared to CG pics) are just ruining your own experience of this rep and perhaps other people excitement. You should wait for someone to give his impression, some measurement, etc... or give it a shot yourself to see. Trust me, on my QC pic my markers @12 looked misaligned, even now, after knowing it, I still can't see it when I look closely

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
No, they wouldn't, you wouldn't notice it either with the one on each of your wrist, this difference is so little that we need someone with a proper caliper or micrometer to clear that difference out.
Think about that, we are all waiting for measurement because to the naked eye, with gen and rep side by side, we aren't able to tell the difference !

I have a Mk V5 which is 9.012mm thick, I had the gen next to it, you can't see the difference unless you put them side by side, without a bracelet and look straight at their profile.

All this nitpicking about little details that are exaggerated on pictures (when they are not compared to CG pics) are just ruining your own experience of this rep and perhaps other people excitement. You should wait for someone to give his impression, some measurement, etc... or give it a shot yourself to see. Trust me, on my QC pic my markers @12 looked misaligned, even now, after knowing it, I still can't see it when I look closely

I saw the video posted where they did the caliper test. 8.89.....all the sites are saying 8.5... MY G

BreakYourUglyFace

Horology Curious
30/3/19
no, they wouldn't, you wouldn't notice it either with the one on each of your wrist, this difference is so little that we need someone with a proper caliper or micrometer to clear that difference out.

I have a mk v5 which is 9.012mm thick, i had the gen next to it, you can't see the difference unless you put them side by side, without a bracelet and look straight at their profile.

All this nitpicking about little details that are exaggerated on pictures (when they are not compared to cg pics) are just ruining your own experience of this rep and perhaps other people excitement. You should wait for someone to give his impression, some measurement, etc... Or give it a shot yourself to see. Trust me, on my qc pic my markers @12 looked misaligned, even now, after knowing it, i still can't see it when i look closely

cant wait to get my hands on one though :)

poinds

17/4/17
I’m sure a lot of these posts are April Fools jokes right?

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I saw the video posted where they did the caliper test. 8.89.....all the sites are saying 8.5... MY G

If you've ever used vernier calipers or micrometres, you would know that I can post a picture of my Mk V5 and with the caliper jaws tight against the surfaces, and it could be showing 5mm :lol:
If you change the offset of the caliper, the game is rigged.

The good spirit is : buy one, make your own judgement or wait for others to do it and see if those reviews are pleasing you enough to buy it. You won't have any issue flipping it in M2M if you don't like it :)