• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If that is PPF blue dial version, it's sealed, finally a blue dial version that can be compared to the gen one.
But I reserve myself with the words as mentioned in previous comment, looks to good to be thrue.

This is gen bro! Whoever says it’s new ppf is full of shit. Gens comes with slim DW fint oo. Hour markers look gen too.

Reactions: vcappp and w0rn

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Yes, yes, a rep bought in China and only one picture. Either someone is trolling us hard or this actually is the PPF version which - that would be a total game changer.

Judging by the guys post history, he actually is from China. He rarely posts on reptime though, so we will see in the next week. For now, I'm going to treat this as cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: vcappp and Os-92

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yes, yes, a rep bought in China and only one picture. Either someone is trolling us hard or this actually is the PPF version which - that would be a total game changer.

Look at alignment of hour markers in that pic and compare it to pics of ppf white. It’s different. Even space @12 is gone.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Judging by the guys post history, he actually is from China. He rarely posts on r/reptime though, so we will see in the next week. For now, I'm going to treat this as cautiously optimistic.

Yup, I've also been checking his reddit history. Seems legit. Here's a quick rundown on if his claims are real or not. Pros:

- judging by his reddit history it seems like he's indeed Chinese
- date font seems to be on the thin side, somewhat similar to the PPF white dial (but some gens suffer from that also)
- the dial color is very evenly distributed, there's no obvious change in the middle part. On the gens it seems that the center part of the dial has a lighter/silverish shade of blue giving it a special effect
- the silver part of the hands seems thinner than the gen

Cons:

- the date printing has a shiny 3D effect which I can't really make out on the pictures and videos of the white dial PPF

All in all it just seems too good, even the Patek Philippe font is spot on. I don't think that it looks fuzzy on the white dial, it's in general a much thinner black print which makes it look wonky on lower resolution pictures. I'm torn.

BlackJaguar

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/18
Yup, I've also been checking his reddit history. Seems legit. Here's a quick rundown on if his claims are real or not. Pros:

- judging by his reddit history it seems like he's indeed Chinese
- date font seems to be on the thin side, somewhat similar to the PPF white dial (but some gens suffer from that also)
- the dial color is very evenly distributed, there's no obvious change in the middle part. On the gens it seems that the center part of the dial has a lighter shade of blue giving it a special effect
- the silver part of the hands seems thinner than the gen

Cons:

- the date printing has a shiny 3D effect which I can't really make out on the pictures and videos of the white dial PPF

All in all it just seems too good, even the Patek Philippe font is spot on. I don't think that it looks fuzzy on the white dial, it's in general a much thinner black print which makes it look wonky on lower resolution pictures. I'm torn.

Damn it! Now I'm getting anxious and overly excited. I kind of wish I didn't read this. Nevertheless, I remain cautiously optimistic and intend to be disappointed in the next month or so when it's released.

Reactions: SmartyPants