• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
And to think I received a blue PF just a month ago, haha. Well, at least I installed the RWI custom datewheel and looks brilliant. But now this new one is haunting me, dammit!

By the way, I for one am happy that they haven't put any clone movement in there. The Miyota is a fully tested, reliable workhorse, the only reason I was interested in a clone was the assumption that you would get gen thickness thanks to that. If gen thickness can be achieved with a 9015 (which some of us had mentioned several times due to its 3.9mm thickbess), then I'd rather have it with a Miyota.

I have the same PF with the DWO. I like the blue dial, but will be super interesting if PFF comes out with a blue that has the hint of green and grey like some of the older gen. I am also interested to see if they rep the 17 bar or the 15 bar dial.

The white is really really good. I spent the bucks on a PF and JJF to get the dial and hands and this appears to blow it away.

Look, there are flaws, but man, super hard to see. The PATEK does not have the funny angles at the end of the letters. You need a loupe to tell.

They did an amazing job, I am buying it and laughing

Edit: I looked at the dial print again and nope, the letters DO have those angles at the ends. This thing is amazing. <golf clap>

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Patek-PFF.jpg

Please be aware that there are discrepancies within different Nautilus batches. As an illustration I've merged two pictures a small comparison. Rep on the left, gen on the right. And quite frankly, PPF have almost nailed it with this one. Hands seem great, markers also. They've even nailed the SWISS font and thickness below the 6 o'clock marker. The dial seems good also. The only thing that looks off is the date wheel font thickness. Yes, it's slightly slimmer. IMHO that's not a dealbreaker. But there'll probably be a solution for that if there's demand for a date wheel overlay. If we add the possibility that this watch might be 8.6mm thin then we have a real winner here. The bracelet looks more than good, fingers crossed that it'll turn out as flexible as the PF bracelets.

Will this be a NWBIG watch? Objectively speaking: no. The biggest issue would be the open caseback. But in all honesty: who really cares about that? We can all hope and pray that KW/V6F/XF will replicate the movement. But I for myself am much happier with a Miyota 9015, a movement which is easy to maintain and service.

All in all we should be grateful that there's finally an extremely close rep of the 5711. Albeit there's no blue dial PPF yet so we'll see what the future will bring.

I kinda think we need a different category of NWBIG called "front only." So long as the back is close (and with the magic of deco plates, they are) and the front is spot on, it could be NWBIG FO (Front Only)

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Impossible this 8.6 this big joke , how many time ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be, my PF Nautilus was thinned to 8.65, so if these guys didn't only thing the case, but thin some components the movement they could easily get it to 8.6

SmartyPants

18/5/17
I kinda think we need a different category of NWBIG called "front only." So long as the back is close (and with the magic of deco plates, they are) and the front is spot on, it could be NWBIG FO (Front Only)

Absolutely agree with you here. From the front this one might be NWBIG but then again expecting a completely NWBIG Patek Philippe Nautilus with a 324SC movement indistinguishable from the real thing is not realistic. At least at the moment. And even if they came up with a perfect copy of the movement I'd be hesitant to buy it.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Absolutely agree with you here. From the front this one might be NWBIG but then again expecting a completely NWBIG Patek Philippe Nautilus with a 324SC movement indistinguishable from the real thing is not realistic. At least at the moment. And even if they came up with a perfect copy of the movement I'd be hesitant to buy it.

I spend a lot of my personal time looking at reps. In particular the Nautilus. If you handed this to me, or presented it to me in the boutique, I would be fooled. And I *know* what to look for.

I do not claim expert level like people like smoke but I know how to spot most of the stuff.

This thing is awesome

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Someone asked for my opinion having the gen dial.

Date window: nearly perfectly executed (no one has done that so far)
Dial finish: VERY close
Dial text: a bit fuzzy up close, but still well done
Lume pips: close to perfect
Hands: Close to perfect
Date font: on the thin side, similar to ZF

This is a MUST buy for a white Nautilus. I am blown away. I have yet to read other criticisms, and there will undoubtedly be some.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
I spend a lot of my personal time looking at reps. In particular the Nautilus. If you handed this to me, or presented it to me in the boutique, I would be fooled. And I *know* what to look for.

I do not claim expert level like people like smoke but I know how to spot most of the stuff.

This thing is awesome

I'm no expert either but picky with certain things such as fonts and texture. I'm on your side, I'd be incapable of telling them apart since there's no big flaws.

Someone asked for my opinion having the gen dial.

Date window: nearly perfectly executed (no one has done that so far)
Dial finish: VERY close
Dial text: a bit fuzzy up close, but still well done
Lume pips: close to perfect
Hands: Close to perfect
Date font: on the thin side, similar to ZF

This is a MUST buy for a white Nautilus. I am blown away. I have yet to read other criticisms, and there will undoubtedly be some.

I was also concerned about the thinness of the date font but just a couple of hours ago I was browsing through Instagram and it looks as if Patek isn't very consistent with the date font either. I doubt many people would be able to point out the thickness of the numbers even when inspected from a very close range. Here's a quick comparison:

PFF-date.png

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I'm no expert either but picky with certain things such as fonts and texture. I'm on your side, I'd be incapable of telling them apart since there's no big flaws.

I was also concerned about the thinness of the date font but just a couple of hours ago I was browsing through Instagram and it looks as if Patek isn't very consistent with the date font either. I doubt many people would be able to point out the thickness of the numbers even when inspected from a very close range. Here's a quick comparison:

I was going to say this too. There is also variance on the markers, specifically the thickness of lume. These are hand made watches and sometimes there are changes from year to year and batch to batch.

47693166-223060045297765-5077144851317711374-n.jpg

31711483-1883078848406761-8740906304521895936-n.jpg

40748272-2191383987804003-770084218566255631-n.jpg

mumum

Renowned Member
18/1/07
Markus and smarty pants both appreciate your insight...I’m in...recently got a hibrid wight dial that I love...will have to invest in this too likely.

Reactions: SmartyPants

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
please please please no green/yellow markers and hands on the blue dial and we might finally have "it"

Reactions: BlackJaguar

naturaqua

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/7/18
I can't wait to see the blue dial version of this

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
@omagad

ODINDMT

29/8/15
Do we know if the dw project will fit this?

The font is still small. Go big ppf!!!! Why not go bigggg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I don't think it's small since it fills almost the whole diecut - maybe a tad thin but better than anything stock we have seen so far and IMHO acceptable

COmpared to what we have had so far it's eons ahead

Reactions: Soloist and Pdatoon