• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

JM4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/19
EU
Yes, it’s a great rep. I think they oversized the crown on purpose so we won’t pick on anything else ????

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
Here is a minor work on the PPF Nautilus V1 clasp which is very hard to open. I trimmed down a bit the 2 protuding male parts of each side with a file until the clasp opens easily (see pictures). unnoticeable for the naked eye.
NB1.jpg

NB2.jpg

NB3.jpg

Reactions: pablok and Glaude

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Received my QC for the white dial, is it me or the lume on the hands and markers doesn’t match as much as on the earlier ppfs?
It seems a lot whiter on the hands.

8a3eb2b19c21dc49a7792a2879ddc128.jpg
4f6ba32dee2f9c7914db58e1c27a63b6.jpg
b647e886be0822d1ccd5528622acf76d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pablok

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Received my QC for the white dial, is it me or the lume on the hands and markers doesn’t match as much as on the earlier ppfs?

There's always been a slight mismatch in colors. I got mine quite early and it's the same

Reactions: LuminorReptar

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
About the Lume I don't know But there is missing a black dot at eight en the 12 oclock is not that good aligned.

Good eye, can’t believe I had missed that, the 12 o’clock I can live with but the dot is annoying.

Reactions: Glaude

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
There's always been a slight mismatch in colors. I got mine quite early and it's the same

On the newer blue the lume seems to match a lot better. Maybe it’s harder to see the difference than on the white.

dncnexus

Horology Curious
6/6/19
Good eye, can’t believe I had missed that, the 12 o’clock I can live with but the dot is annoying.

Agreed, mine has a slight misalign 12 o'clock too and on wrist it is hardly noticeable.

pablok

Horology Curious
17/8/18
Here is a minor work on the PPF Nautilus V1 clasp which is very hard to open. I trimmed down a bit the 2 protuding male parts of each side with a file until the clasp opens easily (see pictures). unnoticeable for the naked eye.

Great! I did the same thing on mine. It open and closes smooth like butter now.

Last edited:

pablok

Horology Curious
17/8/18

I've noticed this on mine. The lume on hands looks lighter and bluer than the indexes. Most noticeable when outdoors under strong light. Oh well...

Last edited:

pablok

Horology Curious
17/8/18
Hi. I appreciate some feedback from owners of this model. I already posted this under the V2 thread but it was wrong as I have the V1 in white.

Did someone notice any auto-winding issues? I have been wearing my watch everyday since I had it, and I noticed that every three days the watch runs out of juice. (which is still longer than Miyota's quoted 42 hours PR)

On a closer inspection through the caseback there doesn't seem to be any obvious problem. The rotor seems attached to the mainspring, it does not freewheel, it seems to be winding in the clockwise direction, as expected. However I also noticed that this model is quieter than other 9015 based reps, and this seems to be due to the rotor not freewheeling when spun in the counterclockwise direction. (could it be that it winds the watch in one direction then unwinds it in the other direction? making the auto winding useless...)

I hope a good service can fix that; the movement works very well otherwise.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Miyota winds only in one direction , and spins freely on the other

I think they have made the rotor lighter which could be the issue

Tudor17

Known Member
25/8/17
Hi. I appreciate some feedback from owners of this model. I already posted this under the V2 thread but it was wrong as I have the V1 in white.

Did someone notice any auto-winding issues? I have been wearing my watch everyday since I had it, and I noticed that every three days the watch runs out of juice. (which is still longer than Miyota's quoted 42 hours PR)

On a closer inspection through the caseback there doesn't seem to be any obvious problem. The rotor seems attached to the mainspring, it does not freewheel, it seems to be winding in the clockwise direction, as expected. However I also noticed that this model is quieter than other 9015 based reps, and this seems to be due to the rotor not freewheeling when spun in the counterclockwise direction. (could it be that it winds the watch in one direction then unwinds it in the other direction? making the auto winding useless...)

I put my PPF Nautilus V1 in a watch winder when I do not wear it and it has not stopped yet.. (3 weeks of continuous operation since I received it)
WW2.jpg

Last edited:

Mowy

Known Member
8/3/15
i dont know it anymore!, do i want the white dial or the ''V2'' Blue one aaaah help!:rolleyes:

nicmend

Certified
24/3/18

I think it is a common issue, I believe it's because the rotor is really light. Not wearing it everyday I always give it a good manual wind before putting it on my wrist

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

pablok

Horology Curious
17/8/18
I think it is a common issue, I believe it's because the rotor is really light. Not wearing it everyday I always give it a good manual wind before putting it on my wrist

Inviato dal mio Mi MIX 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thank you very much for your replies. Actually I last wound it Monday morning and it's still going. While my other JF AP15450 rep which I also wound at the same time sat in a drawer and it stopped on Wednesday morning. So yes, It's winding as it's supposed to. But I "helped" it by moving my arm vigorously everyday after I put it on. I guess this watch needs a more "active" wearing style due to the light thin rotor.

Gives a new meaning to the concept of "sports watch" :)

Last edited: