• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
This watch’s dial colour is going to be the most confusing thing ever and one that will get lost in translation

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
are you sure it is the gray blue v2? because the colour seem very different from the one in Video !
TD also confirm that Grey is different from blue/gray version 2

Pic is from the link at page 110 post #1648 - but as i said, the other pics look like blue v2. :)

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
A TD told me that this is a second batch, not a second version. and they try to improve some aspects, but it is almost the same...

mottykytu

4/6/13
Is it just me, or does it look like the crown is not "hugging" the case as it's supposed to do?

I've noticed this gap one some non-modded PPF's aswell.

that's is the problems with all PPF ootb I think !

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
yes, its really difficult to catch the color(s) on photo...imho the color is awesome, i really love it. Under normal light its from dark gray to light gray, under sunlight you can see the mainly light purple glimer. the light has a really big effect on the dial color...

And GRAY seems to be an extra-difficult color... (just google "gray looks like purple")

I try to make better photos within the next few days, but it will always be photos, because the dial is full of colors - not only one color and one photo :)

(rotor is okayish loud, ceramic balls at clasp still in place, maybe they are already fixed in this batch..but i am very careful when opening and closing it. .. I dont trust "them" ;))

hoki

Horology Curious
18/6/13
yes, its really difficult to catch the color(s) on photo...imho the color is awesome, i really love it. Under normal light its from dark gray to light gray, under sunlight you can see the mainly light purple glimer. the light has a really big effect on the dial color...

And GRAY seems to be an extra-difficult color... (just google "gray looks like purple")

I try to make better photos within the next few days, but it will always be photos, because the dial is full of colors - not only one color and one photo :)

(rotor is okayish loud, ceramic balls at clasp still in place, maybe they are already fixed in this batch..but i am very careful when opening and closing it. .. I dont trust "them" ;))

Are you ok with it being a fantasy model? They don't do gray dials afaik.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
pp does gray dials... check the 5711G... its pretty similiar. yes, i am totally ok with the dial...

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

grey dial came only in a white gold case with a leather strap. But IMO it is worth a consideration for PP to release a third full steel option hehe.

Lets enjoy the reps as what they are - who in life will look at your wrist and say "This 5711 was released in 2007 only on a leather strap from PP and with a white gold case - this has to be a fake"

JM4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/19
EU
I am afraid I cannot find a trace of purple in these grey gens

9377-F3-FF-B2-FC-45-E4-BCE9-43-AAC1743-F12.jpg
4-A230-EED-7-C08-4-ED8-83-EC-E7-FD3-BF0-FADB.png
1-DDE8-EF7-0-A5-B-4179-A53-F-91-B94-B5-C08-A3.jpg
I am afraid I don’t find a
1-D51-C163-E967-4-A55-A9-A3-07776-E500172.jpg

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
JM4 the color of my dial is exactly like the one on your photos - sitting in my office incl. the light condition i cant get any light purple color... Under sunlight i ll get it... But i dont have a gen 5711G to compare in sunlight...on c24 are some photos where you can see "other than gray color glimers", but maybe these are ppf or other rep dials... if you want it as gen as possible, stay with the white dial or wait for the blue v2. for the looks i personally prefer the ppf gray ;)

Reactions: Tobel